Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 06-09-2023, 10:40 AM
Master

Love that story NativeS. Would love you to share some more!

In my opinion I have to say that finding a REAL psychic is very rare. Most are “parading” as a psychic Taking the money and pretending to be real. I’ve purposely caught a few out. I’m so sorry if I offend the genuine psychics on this forum but this has been my experience.

I’ve listened to quite a few in the last 30 years and not one thing they said has come true.

I did have ONE good experience tho at the Arthur Findlay College where my mother in law came thru and that was pretty spot on, but this is the place we’re the REAL ones congregate so you expect that kinda thing.

So yes there are a few genuine ones but in my experience most are not and to be very wary about anything said to you by these people. I call them “mystic megs” LOL.

We have a brilliant trance medium here in Australia, and I would have to say one of the best there is. He has always kept a very low profile and doesn’t need the attention of others so I won’t mention his name.

He was the one who cleared my house of negative energies and told me how they came to be there and how to prevent it from happening again. He was spot on!
Old 06-09-2023, 03:15 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMedium
Can you describe them to me, please? Size, shape...
These were two flashes of bright white light, around midnight, like camera flashes, inside my friend's room, with no obvious source. The energies were very high that night. A candle flame bent unnaturally across the whole ceiling, and the flashes occurred where the flame's reflection stopped, then the flame went back after the two flashes. My friend said she'd asked her angels to do that for me. It was in the top 3 most convincing mystical experiences I've ever had. It was unbelievable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMedium
What do you mean? Something like tinnitus?
No, my ears actually heat up really hot. Just my ears. hat's how I know there are energies flowing through me a little too high.

Redchic12. This is one of the reasons I'm a little skeptic about my experience. It was at an independent spiritualist church. Normally, one pays a small fee to enter, so they can run the church (heating, lighting, council tax etc), and I don't think the visiting medium receives anything, maybe petrol money. But this trance medium event was not a nominal fee. I calculated over the course of the day, around £600 was taken on the door. I don't know how much he would have taken from that. Assuming just half.... that's not a bad day's acting work. BUT, the energies were very high, and something was obviously going on metaphysically.
Old 06-09-2023, 11:15 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto
These were two flashes of bright white light, around midnight, like camera flashes, inside my friend's room, with no obvious source. The energies were very high that night. A candle flame bent unnaturally across the whole ceiling, and the flashes occurred where the flame's reflection stopped, then the flame went back after the two flashes.
Ok, thanks for the description
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
In my opinion I have to say that finding a REAL psychic is very rare. Most are “parading” as a psychic Taking the money and pretending to be real.
As a bad allegedly-medium I can't do anything that a commercial medium is supposed to do. My experiences are all ultra weird. Nothing you have ever seen on TV or in a movie.

If someone came to me asking a reading, I don't have any control whatsoever whether I will have a perception or not. Whenever I have one, usually it is something very complex that it takes me days, weeks or months to discern. Most of them are quite disgusting.

I also can't go in trance at will, unless I take the shamanic way, that I won't.

Perhaps professional mediums can train and develop their skills somehow. My skills do evolve but without any control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto
I'm a little skeptic about my experience.

So keep it skeptic Skeptic is good. Specially when there is money involved. 600 quid in just one day sounds good to me.
Old 07-09-2023, 02:50 AM
Master

Six Hundred quid!!!!! Just to go and sit in a church for a couple of hours. Omg that is really sus to me tbh.

We have spiritual churches here in Australia and you don’t have to pay anything. There is a donation box at the door if people want to contribute.

Whenever money is involved regarding the spiritual I always think of Edgar Cayce who gave thousands of readings over his lifetime and never charged anyone a cent because he said, “it was a gift from God, so it had to be given as a gift to others”. Now there is a truly genuine spiritual person IMO.

Ok yep I get that we are living in hard times and people have bills to pay and I get that when you do something that is free there will be a lot of people that will try to take advantage of you. But surely there is a middle ground. Definitely NOT six hundred quid tho.

Bad medium……”My skills do evolve but without any control.”

When you mention this, I feel a little concerned. Do you say a prayer of protection? Do you surround yourself in the divine white light? Do you ask your guardian angel/guide to come close and to help you? If not, then I would suggest that you do so.

In my opinion, you should always be in control.

As for your username ie Badmedium. Have you considered that it seems to have a negative vibe. You have the capacity to be just as good as any other medium with a little training, self control and experience so why not start off with something more positive and uplifting. Remember names have vibrations, so why not give yourself a great one.

I feel You are NOT a bad medium, you are just inexperienced.
Old 07-09-2023, 04:47 AM
Knower

Redchic,

Well, I only paid £10, only because I was told he was exceptional, and I was too curious not to (it was deeply interesting whether fake or not). But I reckon about £600 was made through the day across the workshop and evening demonstration. The church is normally £3 to enter on the mediumship/healing/open circle nights. I don't mind paying that token fee to keep the lights on.

My measure of genuineness is also when mediums pay their gift forward for free. That's precisely what I would do because I feel a sense of love for people. I feel a deep sense of wanting to comfort people who might be grieving or depressed. I think it's disgusting when some mediums who purport to be excellent charge £400 for a reading and have waiting lists of 12 months. There's one called Matt Fraser, and he's so obviously mastered the art of cold-reading, and researching Facebook etc. He's just far too showbiz to be a sincerely spiritual person.
Old 08-09-2023, 03:17 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Bad medium……”My skills do evolve but without any control.”

When you mention this, I feel a little concerned. Do you say a prayer of protection?.
I don't mean to be negative with my nickname. It is just a reality. I'm a positively bad medium You have to suck at something in this life.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to any training where I live. There are no spiritualist church here. Whatever I do, I'll have to learn all by myself.

By talking about anything medium where I live, you risk to lose your job, to be sent to the psychiatrist and medicated or to be institutionalized. It is the first rule of the fight club.

I have the feeling that I'm not the only one that went thorugh this on this forum. Am I wrong?
Old 09-09-2023, 06:40 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Anyone know one of those in America?

His name is Quintin Smith. I believe he is on X (Twitter) and I have him on Facebook. A quick google search shows he is still doing demo's and attending events. I know when I watched him work back in 2011, he was touring America shortly after that time. I'm sure there are many in the US who do the same thing though. Was a truly life changing experience.

https://scontent.fbrs4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...Gg&oe=65243441

About his work:

"Quintin Smith is delighted to be joining us at Aberdeen this October and Quintin, we are delighted to have you join us.

Quintin is a registered spiritual healer with a difference.

He works in an overshadowed state with his spirit doctor to allow him and his team to work as best as possible on their clients. Quintin has been a spiritual healer for over 30 years and have previously tutored at the world renowned College of Psychic studies in London teaching Mediumship, and healing, together with demonstrating his ability in churches, spiritual/community centres, events etc. He has travelled abroad with his work and all over the country with the occasional appearance on television and radio interviews to talk about his ability and help educate the psychics of spiritual work in a down to earth and interesting way that people can understand.

Quintin was chosen and trained by well known healer Ray Brown and his spirit doctor Paul, to be their protege.

Their work over the years has been privileged to have three national awards (2009, 2010 & 2011) for ‘most popular holistic healer’ and ‘most popular spiritual healer’ voted for by their clients & those that had seen us demonstrate when we lived in Wales.

Quintin now lives near Inverness in Scotland and see clients for private healing sessions from their home working with a wide array of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual conditions.

Please do get in touch if you have any queries.

Quintin is taking pre bookings through his his Website and facebook page. You can also comment below.

www.highlandshealer.co.uk
Highlands Healer Inverness
Holistic Ways Festival
Aberdeen Holistic Ways Festival October 2019"
John 3:16
Old 09-09-2023, 07:08 PM
When quoting others the Admin asks for tops, 3 sentences.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-09-2023, 07:53 AM
Seeker

I do not understand the need for trance, people i know who channell do it in normal way.
Old 10-09-2023, 07:27 PM
Administrator
Trance mediumship is what some people want because the Trance medium gives messages with the face of the spirit speaking overshadowing his own.
This can be of great comfort for some people.
It is not for everyone though.

Namaste