Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 09-05-2016, 01:02 AM
Knower
Unhappy Question about spells..

I been to psychics that claim, "Hey! I do spells! Yes! Pay x amount and the spell will become true!" Then I ask why it didn't work, and they will say something delayed it or what not. Same with myself when I tried to do one, nothing happened. This one psychic put a curse on me because I wouldn't spend $300 for a spell because, dude, I need that money, I was poor then and I am still poor. I need money to survive like everyone. Honestly it's hard to trust psychics these days because I been burned a lot more than not.

Can something block spells from working,etc?

How do I know if the spell caster is a legit spell caster and the spell will work?

I spend hundreds, for nothing.. :(
Old 09-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Guide

Those people (can't even be sure they're psychics, after all) who claim they can cast spells, make excuses when the supposed spell doesn't work, or would resort to "cursing" are frauds.

There's no training required to put up a sign and claim to be able to do spells and curses. Maybe some can truly cast them and have them be effective; I am personally doubtful.

My question to you would be "Why are you wanting spells to be cast?" What is it that you want so badly that you spend money you can ill afford?

If the spell you want involves making someone else do something, the spell has very little chance of success. People have free will to do as they wish, whether we approve or not. While a spell might change the energy between you and whomever you wanted to affect, that does not necessarily mean they will react as you'd like them to.

And if you are determined to find a "legit" spell caster, the only way I can imagine to find one is to ask around and find satisfied customers. Word of mouth is the best advertisment for things of this nature.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Pathfinder

As Blue Tiger said, anyone can claim to be a psychic or a spell caster or whatever.

In my opinion, someone who would cast a "curse" is definitely not legitimate, because one of the first things one learns when learning Wicca or other types of witchcraft is that whatever you send out, you get back. (I think a lot of times it's taught as the Threefold Law: whatever you send out, you get back times three. I've done some studying of books in which it isn't times three, though.) In other words, if you cast a curse on someone, you're cursing yourself. I don't know too many people who would want to do themselves harm just because they're ticked off that someone won't spend money.

Someone who says "Oh, I've done this reading for you, and if you pay me more I'll cast a spell so that thing doesn't happen" might not have your best interests at heart; they're "upselling", in other words, trying to get more money out of you by offering something you wouldn't otherwise buy. In some cases, a so-called reader might deliberately--and dishonestly--tell you something bad is going to happen for the sole purpose of getting you to pay for that additional service. Especially if they're pressuring you or threatening you (I would say telling you they're casting a curse is a threat), they are probably just out for the money, and are not doing something legitimate.

Honestly, if you are spending that much money and getting no results, I would first (and sorry if this sounds harsh) say that's probably contributing to you being poor... But also, poor is partly a factual state of existence and partly a created state of mind. If you keep thinking "I'm poor and I can't change it, so I have to pay people to change it for me," you're not going to have as much luck as if you try to think "I can find ways on my own to change my finances" or something like that.

The universe operates on intention. If you have the intention to make your life better, you'll be presented with ways to do that, and those ways won't involve spending hundreds of dollars on "spells."
Old 09-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Guide

Well said, RiverL.

There are so many unscrupulous people who take advantage of hurting, scared, and desperate people.

I'd forgotten about the saying that you'll receive back what you send out, but I bet this is a very valid belief. If someone sends out bad energy and curses or tries to manipulate or take advantage of another, at the very least it reflects the ugliness of their being.

Seriously, why would anyone want to associate with or do business with someone who is willing to do ugly or mean things?

As RiverL says, if you can find a way to build the intention to take responsibility for making your life better, and watch for opportunities to do it, you'll save yourself money and over time build yourself a life you can be proud of.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Master
Suspect anyone who asks for payment for spells. Suspect anyone who claims to perform highly specific spells. Suspect anyone who adopts a rather silly "trade" name and dress taken from cartoons.
Make yourself aware of what spell-making actually is. It is NOT supernatural, think of it as a branch of physics with strict rules. It is the control and channelling of natural Earth energies, the practitioner is not the origin.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:33 AM
Master

There are legitimate people out there who will do "work" for you. Some are Witches, some are Hoodoo workers and there are others also. There's a working Witch in Cornwall, England called Cassandra Latham Jones - you can find her here: https://cassandralathamjones.wordpress.com/about/

Also there's the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers who will do work for you; they are in the States.

You asked if something can block spells from working - yes, there are a number of things that can block spells - for instance your mindset - if you don't really believe a spell will work then it more than likely won't. Just saying a few words or chanting something does not make a spell work (there's more to it than that).
Old 28-05-2016, 03:23 AM
Master
What the OP was talking about is a Gypsy scam. If you google that phrase you will find a lot of information about that.

Magic is just about directing and manipulating energy. In a way we all do 'spells'... There are ways to protect yourself. One simple method is to use salt. Put it in your bath or something and visualize your shield. There is probably no 'curse'...Why would somebody do that? I don't believe in the threefold law, I think it is the moral compass of the practitioner that determines the 'rules' that they live by. It is one thing to defend yourself but if someone is 'cursing' people right and left to extort money and there was a universal law of punishment then the practitioner wouldn't be thriving.