Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 28-04-2016, 11:12 PM
Lepus

Question Elementals

Hello,

Now, when performing a ritual, one starts either from the North or East, which North corresponds with Earth; East as Air; South as Fire; West as Water. How do you depict the Elementals? Do you view them as Gnomes, Sylphs, Undines, and Salamanders? Or, do you have your own perception on how they look like?

Blessed be,
Lepus
Old 29-04-2016, 03:41 AM
Master

When starting out that's how I envisioned the elementals. However, through the years I would "see" different entities. I often see an eagle in the East and a stag in the North.

Now, when working in a more Celtic way I call on Celtic heroes to protect my circle.
Old 29-04-2016, 07:32 AM
Master
I see them as the four kings in the Sacred Circle tarot. I use the elements as a constant ritual and always begin with North - the physical world. I have a talisman based on the Four Kings with Gaia in the centre as Spirit.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/04ab7c0d.jpg

I have used this "talisman" with a group of "non-believers" and all appreciated the ceremony.
Old 29-04-2016, 07:09 PM
Lepus

Hello Jenny Crow,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
When starting out that's how I envisioned the elementals. However, through the years I would "see" different entities. I often see an eagle in the East and a stag in the North.

Now, when working in a more Celtic way I call on Celtic heroes to protect my circle.

Would it be fine to envision the elements only? Earth, Air, Fire, Water.

Blessed be,
Lepus
Old 29-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Lepus

Hello norseman,

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
I see them as the four kings in the Sacred Circle tarot. I use the elements as a constant ritual and always begin with North - the physical world. I have a talisman based on the Four Kings with Gaia in the centre as Spirit.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/04ab7c0d.jpg

I have used this "talisman" with a group of "non-believers" and all appreciated the ceremony.

Interesting, I wouldn't of thought on using tarots to envision the Elementals. Thanks for this idea. Nice cards by the way.

Blessed be,
Lepus
Old 29-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Lepus

Hello,

Would you recommend connecting with the elements first, before calling out the watchtowers? Or, is it alright to call out the Elementals, even though there isn't a connection with any of the elements?

Blessed be,
Lepus
Old 30-04-2016, 03:39 AM
Master

Some people do envision the elements only but for me the elements and the elementals go together.

This is how I would call a Quarter, lets say I'm calling North: "I call upon thee O Lords of the Watchtower of the North, Lords of Earth, to witness my rites, to lend me your power and to guard and protect me". Now, when I'm ascribing the pentacle of North in the air while standing at the north point in the circle, I "see" the Earth plus I "see" my Goblin and sometimes the stag as well. But over and above that I 'see' the Lords of that realm too.

Hope that makes sense.

Jenny C
Old 30-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Lepus

Hello Jenny Crow,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Some people do envision the elements only but for me the elements and the elementals go together.

This is how I would call a Quarter, lets say I'm calling North: "I call upon thee O Lords of the Watchtower of the North, Lords of Earth, to witness my rites, to lend me your power and to guard and protect me". Now, when I'm ascribing the pentacle of North in the air while standing at the north point in the circle, I "see" the Earth plus I "see" my Goblin and sometimes the stag as well. But over and above that I 'see' the Lords of that realm too.

Hope that makes sense.

Jenny C

Yes, this makes sense. Thank you!

Blessed be,
Lepus
Old 01-05-2016, 07:42 AM
Master
My call is slightly different :

Welcome Elementals of the North, of Earth.
I ask that you bring your gifts of Patience, Endurance, Stability, and Prosperity.
Be welcome here.

[then East/Air : South/Fire ; West/Water ; and finally Centre, the Lady of Spirit, Mother Earth]
Then dismissal in reverse order

Elementals of the Centre, of Spirit.
Thank you for the gifts you have brought.
Stay if you will; go if you must.
Hail and Farewell

and so on.
This is my opening invocation for everything, including Hedge Striding.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Master
i have seen a jinn that is linked with the air. Its basically black smoke with shafts of blue lightning in between like the attached picture. They have blue eyes.
http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/Ra...ml?sort=3&o=11
Fire jinn are seen as black smoke and fire with red eyes.