Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 07-06-2021, 06:23 AM
Master
Camper van and bug out chat.

Anything about bugging out and the way of life.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:46 PM
Master
Great thread subject Hallow!!!

I don't have much time at the moment but I'll be back to this thread soon..

Quick note about my camper though ....its a 2010 Coleman Highlander Series Avalon popup model.

We love it! ........It tows easily fits a lot of people and gear for its size and (very important) has a shower and sit-down toilet.

I figured out a long time ago that if I want the girls in family to go into the woods with us...you'd better have a toilet and shower!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 08-06-2021, 02:46 AM
Master
My first pop up was a 77 venture. But that thing was a tank. Needed a full size truck to tow. Nice thing about that one too, it was a tank built like a house. After towing that one on many long trips and not having a reliable full size pickup I started looking for something smaller anything could tow. I don't need anything large because it's only my wife and I.
I found a small 08 "viking" pop up for cheap and in almost new condition. Only 1,400 lbs so anything can tow it easily and I can move it around camp sites and in my yard without hooking it up. Those are the high points of the one I have now. It's also built lite, or cheap whatever you want to call it. I had to modify one of the bunks so the door would close properly. I blame that on a major design flaw. Something to look for when buying a pop up. I also use extra supports to hold the top up. I just don't feel secure with 4 little wobbly polls holding a roof. Over my head. The one I have now doesn't have trailer breaks and you can really feel it when stoping. My big one had breaks and you didn't even know it was there when stopping. I would like to add breaks to the one I have now. It also tows weird. Seems like it off balance when towing, not enough weight at the hitch. I have to figure out something for that issue.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:55 AM
Master
Aww man,... okay in college I had a VW microbus. Bought it for $600, insurance was $12. Oh,... those were the days. That bus got me to all of my jobs in the big city, camping for a week and a cross country trip and back home again. I loved that bus...

Now I only have a lego pop-up microbus... Maybe some day!
Old 08-06-2021, 04:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
Aww man,... okay in college I had a VW microbus. Bought it for $600, insurance was $12. Oh,... those were the days. That bus got me to all of my jobs in the big city, camping for a week and a cross country trip and back home again. I loved that bus...

Now I only have a lego pop-up microbus... Maybe some day!
. Your pop up microbus would still be fun! A few days ago I saw a 1966 Chevy van ( looked like micro bus) for sale for $2,500. The ad said it ran and drove good. The body was in good shape for the age. It was an empty blank slate to work on. I really thought about it..... Still am but I have to many projects as is.
Old 08-06-2021, 01:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
.Still am but I have to many projects as is.
Yes! So much to be done!
Old 09-06-2021, 07:32 PM
Master
Right now, in the process of converting a van........

Should not be that difficult but: yesterday, the solar collectors arrived. They were (6) 300 watt collectors. Turned out they were not 300 watts but 50 watts. Not good. Got to send them back and then order from somewhere else.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:10 PM
Ascender
What a fun thread...I'm hoping to learn, have never owned one. I'm addicted to travel...and national parks...
Old 10-06-2021, 12:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemma
What a fun thread...I'm hoping to learn, have never owned one. I'm addicted to travel...and national parks...

When I get done with mine, you would never realize it is a camper from the outside. I am making mine stealth so I can go any where, sleep in peace and comfort inside without anybody knowing what is going on inside.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-06-2021, 04:19 AM
Master
Big John. Have you ever considered lp gas instead of electric? I know you can get lp gas/ refrigerators. New there very expensive but if you "scavenge" old campers you might be able to find working ones for free. Lp would work for lighting but not sure about air-conditioning. I look in the free section on craigslist all the time and sometimes find rotted out campers people just want off there land. Old campers can be a gold mine for what you're doing.