Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #601  
Old 10-05-2021, 11:07 PM
sentient sentient is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,031
  sentient's Avatar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEQsM4SApQs

Far out that is fascinating ….
Quote:
The sound was fear-inducing, so it was often used in warfare, but also in ritual celebrations, where it could send the listener into a trance.
Yes. It has that far reaching sound that goes into the silence and leaves a ‘scent’ of that sound behind …
And through that ‘scent’ one can go further into it …

Though I better not go. I might end up somewhere I wouldn’t know “where the f* am I?”

*
Reply With Quote
  #602  
Old 10-05-2021, 11:49 PM
ImthatIm ImthatIm is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3,276
  ImthatIm's Avatar
Here's the Carnyx in accompaniment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C11LfdMV8js

And with the lyre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCAh-9HjYvA
__________________
Just because I believe it today, doesn't mean I will believe it tomorrow.
__________________________________________________ ________________
Anything I write is opinion based on my present perspective and state of being.
Reply With Quote
  #603  
Old 11-05-2021, 11:53 AM
ImthatIm ImthatIm is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3,276
  ImthatIm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
then I thought that if you say Didgeridoo – I would be highly sceptical.
*




I would remain skeptical if I were you.
This type of communication seems filled with holes.
Different cultures, different upbringing, different education levels, different experiences.
Different understandings of words seems to be a big hurdle too.
Every time I write something it always feels incomplete.


Didgeridoo, awe that's funny.
I had a vid. linked in and deleted it because it was a didgeridoo player on a carnyx.
I thought it was hypocritical or deceptive.

I was going to pick the rain stick. LOL.(Joke)
There was a time I seen and heard them everywhere.
They were cool for a minute.
__________________
Just because I believe it today, doesn't mean I will believe it tomorrow.
__________________________________________________ ________________
Anything I write is opinion based on my present perspective and state of being.
Reply With Quote
  #604  
Old 11-05-2021, 04:02 PM
ImthatIm ImthatIm is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3,276
  ImthatIm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
OMG.
Before we had Rainbow Lorikeets.

Now we have got Sulphur Crested Cockatoo 'invasion' and the sound is deafening …
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERYamZkj_xQ

*




Cool,cool.
Gotta Love the birds.
One big thing I love about Nature and All the creatures, is their motives are so pure.
Unlike the human species.

I got stung a few years back by a Bald Face Hornet.
It hit me hard and fast, stung once by my ear whole and then once by my eye before I even knew what happened.
I knew instantly though that I was in it's territory and it did not want me there.

I loved it because it was just pure communication.I have no doubt it could have done much worse if it needed to.
It actually filled me with joy and happiness.
Because I get tired of all the hidden intent in the human world or wondering about humans reasoning.
__________________
Just because I believe it today, doesn't mean I will believe it tomorrow.
__________________________________________________ ________________
Anything I write is opinion based on my present perspective and state of being.
Reply With Quote
  #605  
Old 11-05-2021, 04:10 PM
ImthatIm ImthatIm is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3,276
  ImthatIm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
This is what I feel a bit sorry about.
I am sorry this happened to you…...
*

It's all good, but thanks for the sentiment.
There has been a change of perspective on my end.

This has been my best lesson on Forgiveness.
So I view it as a gift to me which I found freedom through.
__________________
Just because I believe it today, doesn't mean I will believe it tomorrow.
__________________________________________________ ________________
Anything I write is opinion based on my present perspective and state of being.
Reply With Quote
  #606  
Old 11-05-2021, 05:14 PM
sentient sentient is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,031
  sentient's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Didgeridoo, awe that's funny.
I had a vid. linked in and deleted it because it was a didgeridoo player on a carnyx.
I thought it was hypocritical or deceptive.

?
I find the Carnyx sound alone most fascinating, and in parts it does sound like a didgeridoo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRIQp4qZrrE

And there is that difference whether one uses it for creating war sounds or uses it for ceremonial ‘trance effects’ or plays it as a musical instrument.

*

Didge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyKD0KELl1w

I think I posted this before;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cizByru14jc

David’s talk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2vqIPtqzLM

*
Reply With Quote
  #607  
Old 11-05-2021, 05:33 PM
sentient sentient is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,031
  sentient's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
It's all good, but thanks for the sentiment.
There has been a change of perspective on my end.

This has been my best lesson on Forgiveness.
So I view it as a gift to me which I found freedom through.

There was a pattern of narcissists coming into my life, until I learned to say no.
And no meant, that I no longer took their emotional wellbeing as my responsibility.

*
Reply With Quote
  #608  
Old 11-05-2021, 11:34 PM
ImthatIm ImthatIm is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3,276
  ImthatIm's Avatar
sentient
This is the vid. of the Didgeridoo player on the Carnyx.
I thought it would be funny since your in Oz.
Then I thought better of it, like I said it seemed disingenuous to the Carnyx and it's use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxfwEUL2Y_U

The Carnyx reminded me of my favorite childhood instrument, the vacuum hose.
I also wondered if the Carnyx and the Loch Ness monster had any connection.

Here is a 10 min. serious musical piece with Carnyx and other old instruments.

Forgotten sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxYvAs1179s
__________________
Just because I believe it today, doesn't mean I will believe it tomorrow.
__________________________________________________ ________________
Anything I write is opinion based on my present perspective and state of being.
Reply With Quote
  #609  
Old 12-05-2021, 03:14 AM
sentient sentient is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,031
  sentient's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
This is the vid. of the Didgeridoo player on the Carnyx.
I thought it would be funny since your in Oz.
Then I thought better of it, like I said it seemed disingenuous to the Carnyx and it's use.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxfwEUL2Y_U
You are so right & he is not a good didge player either! imo.

William Barton is another of ‘our’ known Didgeridoo men. (Traditionally not played by women).
Traditional singing at times gives me the chills …
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW7xVNdRtm4

But I am more intrigued by the Carnyx, because it has an ‘echo’ to it - didge doesn’t have.
And those ‘echoes’ can really capture my attention, but then I might get lost in them.
Like the silly & lame joke:
Have you heard of the lost tribe?”
No. Who are they?
Their name is “Where the f* are we?”

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
The Carnyx reminded me of my favorite childhood instrument, the vacuum hose.
I also wondered if the Carnyx and the Loch Ness monster had any connection.
The Dragon Head of the Carnyx reminded me of Rainbow Serpent at Darwin Airport:
https://henryfskerritt.files.wordpre...8/img_1973.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Here is a 10 min. serious musical piece with Carnyx and other old instruments.
Forgotten sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxYvAs1179s
Had watched that already & I really like this Abraham Cupeiro chap, he has got the passion and the feel for the instruments plus the technical know how to get into the spirit of things …

*
Reply With Quote
  #610  
Old 12-05-2021, 03:39 AM
ImthatIm ImthatIm is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3,276
  ImthatIm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
You are so right & he is not a good didge player either! imo.

William Barton is another of ‘our’ known Didgeridoo men. (Traditionally not played by women).
Traditional singing at times gives me the chills …
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW7xVNdRtm4
*




Stop it.
What!!
I feel tricked, what a treat that was.
Was not expecting that,as soon as He started playing strings I was hooked.
The was some top shelf music there.
__________________
Just because I believe it today, doesn't mean I will believe it tomorrow.
__________________________________________________ ________________
Anything I write is opinion based on my present perspective and state of being.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums