Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 03-12-2018, 02:31 PM
ImthatIm

I also see plant and animal spirit as the same. I eat both, all eat one or there flesh dies. It's the law.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I also see plant and animal spirit as the same. I eat both, all eat one or there flesh dies. It's the law.
No wonder you are confused!

Plants are alive but have no central nervous system or any way to experience pain. They are alive though and one may even ‘commune’ with them. Animals do experience pain quite clearly, so various spiritual paths promote abstinence from killing them. Humans, are one level further and have improved self awareness and can attain enlightenment..

Even if you would ignore all of this.. there’s still a very clear environmental reason to abstain.. as the animals humans eat also eat plants, so by eating the animals we enlarge the good chain and are less efficient with land use and more destructive as a result..
Old 03-12-2018, 03:03 PM
ImthatIm

Altair
I agree with all you have said. No problem.
I have been confused on many things I will be confused on things to come no doubt.
The subject here is Lucky 1 and the land and Deer he and his grandson hunt. If I went to Lucky 1's place and found the situation you describe as out of balance I may say something to Lucky 1 in a respectful way.
I invite you to my community table so you can inspect and judge for yourself the land and the deer/animals and the plants and the people who feed off them. We can even go gather plants in a respectful way and say our prayers while gathering that these plants are given and received in a good way. It's one of the best ways I know to do it. Or we can fast in the world of plant beings and animals until we see the caretakers of the plants and springs. It will nourish us to the best degree.
I am willing. The best time is in the spring, so we can plan.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Biggest rubbish I’ve read on here..
It’s pretty much a spiritual fact that violent actions are the worst.

The animal that died underwent a violent death and an end to its life. Humans don’t have to participate in such violence. There is nothing ‘spiritual’ about hunting or killing animals. We.. as human beings.. have grown out of it.

The point you’re making is no different from claiming the nazi’s were really great and making an anti-nazi statement is worse cause it makes modern neo-nazis ‘feel bad about themselves’ and it ‘ruins their joy’..

It really is astonishing to what extend meat eaters justify their habit..!

Altair....in order for ALL living things to live....something must die.
That IS the sacred circle of life in this existence and we are a part of that is one day we will also die.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 03-12-2018, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
In any case..
Humans have grown out of it, and in this day and age hunting is more often than not detrimental to stable populations of carnivores and ecosystems. Sometimes, but it’s rare, hunting done by humans is needed but it’s usually a last resort. These days it’s 99% of the time a hobby that is kept alive by lobbies and politicians.

Grown out of it??? More like lost there way!

On the other hand....those who follow the spiritual path of the hunter KNOW that we are farther along the spiritual path.

The spiritual path of the hunter is about stewardship of the land and environment and loving the animals and wild places and ONLY taking what you need to live and survive.

For unlike other hunting species...wolves, cats etc....we have evolved as the "thinking hunter" and as such we owe a huge responsibility to protect the animals and the wild places.

Many on this path around the world see those not following the true path of the hunter as having lost there way and believe that one day they will come full circle and back to the path of the hunter and true stewardship of our earth.

Old 03-12-2018, 04:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Altair....in order for ALL living things to live....something must die.
That IS the sacred circle of life in this existence and we are a part of that is one day we will also die.
I’ll respond to both of your two comments...

Yes.. something has to die.. which is why we should eat plants as this causes the least harm. The animals people eat also eat plants (lots of soy and grains). We humans have the unique capacity to either drastically destroy and cause suffering or to increase our compassion towards life. Our true origin is nonviolent and loving.. and improving ourselves makes this connection more likely and real.

Your point about humans needing to return to hunter lifestyle is regressive, not progressive, sorry. We have ‘evolved’ as a civilized species. There is no turning back!

Also.. there’s little wilderness and wildlife left compared to centuries or millennia back, let alone a few decades! We are in the billions now.. it’s not going to happen and it would solve nothing, only further deplete wildlife.. When humans were mostly hunter-gatherers they were in the millions globally.. and still managed to deplete wildlife so I wouldn’t suggest it was all about “keeping the balance”..

And like I said.. it’s simply not needed because we humans strive for something more than the wolves and lions..
Old 03-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Master
Quote:
I’ll respond to both of your two comments...

Yes.. something has to die.. which is why we should eat plants as this causes the least harm. The animals people eat also eat plants (lots of soy and grains). We humans have the unique capacity to either drastically destroy and cause suffering or to increase our compassion towards life. Our true origin is nonviolent and loving.. and improving ourselves makes this connection more likely and real.

Your point about humans needing to return to hunter lifestyle is regressive, not progressive, sorry. We have ‘evolved’ as a civilized species. There is no turning back!

Also.. there’s little wilderness and wildlife left compared to centuries or millennia back, let alone a few decades! We are in the billions now.. it’s not going to happen and it would solve nothing, only further deplete wildlife.. When humans were mostly hunter-gatherers they were in the millions globally.. and still managed to deplete wildlife so I wouldn’t suggest it was all about “keeping the balance”..

And like I said.. it’s simply not needed because we humans strive for something more than the wolves and lions..

While plants are an absolutely necessary part of the human diet....we are omnivores and require a wide spectrum of foods for overall health including small amounts of meat.

If you are just here to talk about the "fad diet" know as veganism....there is a forum here for that.

As far as the hunters lifestyle being regressive...you are of course entitled to your opinion.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Lucky 1
Glad to hear your grandson achieved what many say they have achieved on these forums. Oneness, stillness, quietness, mindfulness, singular attention and staying focused on point.
A spiritual website shows what true spirits people operate with.
I would say trying to trample someone else's joy is worse than killing an animal for food. They are trying to kill in a spiritual sense which is far worse.
A wise one once told me if you meditate sitting legs cross it is called lack of flow meditation. But the stalking meditation AH now that is endless flow meditation.
Got to go Lucky.

There are a few on here who think bashing others spiritual beliefs is A-OK.....we've got 2 or 3 on this thread.

I'm guessing that if you backtracked through all there posts you'd find a habit of doing this.

It is a combination of virtue signalling and arrogance rather than humility.

Go through my almost 2000 posts....you won't find me bashing anyone's spiritual beliefs.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
While plants are an absolutely necessary part of the human diet....we are omnivores and require a wide spectrum of foods for overall health including small amounts of meat.

If you are just here to talk about the "fad diet" know as veganism....there is a forum here for that.

As far as the hunters lifestyle being regressive...you are of course entitled to your opinion.
We can get the variety in a diet free of meat and hunting. You keep relying on a very narrow interpretation of “nature”..

Yes I am entitled to my opinion.. but it’s really up to you to show me how your lifestyle works for billions of people and a world with increasingly diminished wilderness and wildlife. It just won’t work. You are embracing a niche lifestyle, and in today’s reality and with humanity’s progress it simply stays a niche..

I know you hunt and we’ve talked about the topic before in the Veg forum. We are miles apart on many issues and the difference is in you being rather conservative in your outlook on the world and humanity whereas I’m more progressive and see humanity as changing itself bit by bit. We aren’t stuck, the story of “nature” is an unfinished book..

For human beings.. violence towards animals is a choice.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:33 PM
ImthatIm

Altar
You stated "We humans have the unique capacity to either drastically destroy and cause suffering or to increase our compassion towards life."
I could not agree more.
I still don't see how this is Lucky 1's fault. He is not responsible for billions of people and what Industry and greed and the need for all the modern conveniences and contraptions and space travel and road expansion and city sewage systems, city trash dumps and city toxic leakage, billions of non necessary products (many made by child labor and toxic death) and factories and nuclear waste and production and electricity production and distribution, storms and medication waste and production and all the waste and flight travel and mining. I could go on and on. All this has nothing to do with Lucky 1's hunting.
Now I am guessing that you have used and participated benefited in above actions to the suffering and killing of animals.Probably unwittingly. So you seem a bit uncaring and unfocused in your extremism. Your tooth paste and electronics has probably killed or made suffer or stolen habit from more animals then Lucky's grandson's one deer. Where as Lucky's practices may help more animals then your practices have killed in a violent toxic death. I have heard it said. Don't judge your brothers back yard until you've judged your own.(Tsung 2018 AD)
If we had honesty and a good evaluation of each others lives we could see who's responsible for more suffering and death.
So it would seem you could do more good targeting other entities, particularly the ones in your life that destroy, prevent animal life and make to suffer. Lets say you could target the space industry.I have no need for it. Our lets see how about the places where your foreign vegetables are grown that are killing and hurt the native species and animals.Lets investigate those areas. I'll bet child labor may be involved in your food. Lets see how about any chemicals used they don't tell you about, fertilizers,machinery, refrigeration coolant leaks, oil drippings and waste. Transporting your vegetables by truck. I think I just breathed in some.Oh my it's getting on the plants I pick. In my tummy. Pain suffering Oh no.Lets see how about the ship they may have taken. waste in the ocean,plastics overboard. Oh wait we was talking about Lucky's grandsons deer. How much pollution and waste was involved HHHMMM ME wonder. Did Lucky's deer create some fertilizer damage? Probably not. Did deer hunting put waste in the ocean? HHMM probably not. Did Lucky's deer require a tractor? HHMM probably not. Did Lucky's deer kill off any native animals or habitat? Probably not.