Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 15-01-2024, 02:40 PM
Master

Hi Pod... Monk Fryston is only one springing to mind just now...
Oh but I did love beau peep and I know you can buy the comic books on line.
Might have to look into getting one !
Old 16-01-2024, 11:42 AM
Master
I'm getting mixed up Angel it was I think Monkton not far outside York.There's plenty of snow here at mo. Am off out for a walk in a bit ,Just listening to the ongoing P0 scandal,just dont know why the dont give them all a big initial pay out with no strings attached,they have suffered for so long.
Old 16-01-2024, 01:06 PM
Master

Pod... Monk Fryston is just outside of York area.
Old 16-01-2024, 02:37 PM
Master
Monks Cross!

was annoying me , had to look at google maps, not heard of Monk Fryston before.
Old 17-01-2024, 09:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
Monks Cross!

was annoying me , had to look at google maps, not heard of Monk Fryston before.
Oh heck , yes, heard of that and all in same area.

My eldest, as a kid loved the TV cartoon rugrats .
Then the comic came out so I bought him it each week.
But all of a sudden it stopped after only a few editions or so.
Discontinued for some reason or other.
But he's got all the copies that were ever printed.
Old 17-01-2024, 11:11 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeena.M
Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic is my favorite comic book. Which one is your favorite?

Right now I'd say I still enjoy most of the Hellboy books even though the original story and mythology has run its course and certainly anything by the team of Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips.

There was a book called Lazarus but the end of the series has been put on hold by its creators. Hoping they come back to complete it.
Old 17-01-2024, 11:18 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Well because I'm "old" and we never had much choice I've got to say the 'beano' or 'dandy'....
( Not that I have them now but got dozens of the annuals collected over the years)... My eldest son on the other hand is such a comic geek and loves all the superhero comics .
He keeps them all in pristine condition and even wears white cotton gloves to read them LOL...

I had never heard of Beano and Dandy but it seems like most of you have. Living in the states I had never heard of them so I looked them up. At the very least I recognized Bananaman. There was a tv station that used to bring UK shows over and show them here. They also showed Danger Mouse and a sci-fi show called the Tomorrow People.

I used to love all the superhero books and still buy the collections of the older material. Some of the new stuff from Marvel & DC just bewilders me these days.
Old 19-01-2024, 07:51 AM
Master

Hi Ash, haha, yes, us oldies never got much choice.
If we were lucky there would be a small cartoon strip on the newspaper the fish and chips were wrapped in LOL......after we had licked all the grease off we would endeavour to read the cartoon ...happy days !!!!!
You sound very much like my eldest , into all the superhero comics where I had to politely listen to all to comings and goings of the usual crowd , and if green lantern was mentioned again I'd have left home .
But yes, I think in general he's very "old school" with the DC and Marvel heros.
His younger brother is more into the Japanese horror comics
( Or should I say graphic novels ).
It fascinates me how you read them back to front !!!!
But when I go see him he "makes" me look at them in great detail. All the snakes coming out of eyeballs, body parts all over the place, you get the drift LOL. All good fun !!!!
Old 19-01-2024, 11:37 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Hi Ash, haha, yes, us oldies never got much choice.
If we were lucky there would be a small cartoon strip on the newspaper the fish and chips were wrapped in LOL......after we had licked all the grease off we would endeavour to read the cartoon ...happy days !!!!!
You sound very much like my eldest , into all the superhero comics where I had to politely listen to all to comings and goings of the usual crowd , and if green lantern was mentioned again I'd have left home .
But yes, I think in general he's very "old school" with the DC and Marvel heros.
His younger brother is more into the Japanese horror comics
( Or should I say graphic novels ).
It fascinates me how you read them back to front !!!!
But when I go see him he "makes" me look at them in great detail. All the snakes coming out of eyeballs, body parts all over the place, you get the drift LOL. All good fun !!!!

Being in the states we had comics in the newspaper daily. Everything from Tarzan and Prince Valiant to Spiderman to Garfield. I was about 8 when I discovered superheroes and 10 when I discovered how many of them there were.

When I hit 18 my tastes changed and I went for more "adult" books like Sandman and Preacher and Hellblazer and Swamp Thing. I still kept my eyes on superheroes and bought them off and on up until a few years ago.

Now I mainly buy the graphic novels and collections of older books. Some of the superheroes but Im very picky these days. I like books with mythology and crime and all kinds of things.

Ive tried to get into Manga but the format eludes me. Not the reading Right to Left but writing a 250 page book that has less going on than a 22 page X-men comic from the 80s. Beautiful art on the covers but not always the same inside.
Old 21-01-2024, 02:46 AM
Suspended
Master
https://existentialcomics.com/