Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-11-2022, 03:04 PM
Master
Is it our mission to become enlightened through reincarnation?

As the title suggests is it our mission to become enlightened through reincarnation??

I’m quite adept, but the pain of reincarnation will teach me many things about my self my threshold and I think I will become more enlightened?

I’ve been in my soul so I know I’m not troubled by 3D things: materialism and I’m more focused on reuniting with the self becoming whole.. in this definition—- I strive for peace and serenity… to understand the self, be a protector… I know I can’t shelter me from pain but I can grunt and have patience…

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 27-11-2022, 06:32 PM
Experiencer

You ask if it's our mission but really you're talking about what you feel to be your personal mission.

As I understand things, the primary reason any of us chooses to return to experience one or more incarnations is that we want to, or recognize our need to, return for whatever personal reasons there may be.

I'm not aware of any universal principle of reincarnating to achieve enlightenment but, of course, any individual may have chosen to do that as their personal mission.
Old 27-11-2022, 10:04 PM
Master

I don't know what the collective human mission is.

My personal purpose is pretty basic: I am here for the experience.

As for fatigue from reincarnation, I get it too. There are times, particularly after challenging chapters of my souls journey when I feel fatigued and need to rest, rejuvenate and take time off for a while.
Old 28-11-2022, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce
You ask if it's our mission but really you're talking about what you feel to be your personal mission.
Completely agree with this.

Everyone has their own mission(s) and everyone has their own methods to accomplish them.

As there are lots of similar souls having similar experiences here on Earth, there are probably more than a few with the same mission (enlightenment) and method for getting there (reincarnation).
Old 28-11-2022, 05:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
mission to become enlightened through reincarnation??
It has to fall within a particular philosophical context, where the Hindu-esque reincarnation of souls is conceptually different to Buddhist reincarnation in rebirth. The former assumes a perpetually existing self-essence whereas the latter concerns the process by which the ego is perpetuated from one moment to the next through volitional processes.

The generation of volition or will comes with all the nuances of a greater philosophy, but in practice it's essentially being consciously aware of how one reacts to their experience in the moment, where 'react' implies the psychological aftermath of an experience which has already passed.
Old 29-11-2022, 03:45 PM
Master

"Is it our mission to become enlightened through reincarnation?"

It is up to us individually to decide what our mission is. Each person gets to decide what his / her mission is.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:45 PM
Master
The way I see and understand it it's not about getting to the goal -which could be enlightenment- but about the entire incarnation cycle. In other words, the learning and growing as a Soul through each life experience.
That's why we come here, incarnate in a physical body on a physical planet.
So that shifts the focus from 'how can I get to the result' to the journey itself. Enjoying the journey, the whole process.
That's what it's about.
If it wasn't there'd be no reason to even come here. The only reason we began to descend and took physical bodies was to have that experience, all that comes with it, to feel all you can feel in a physical body, the good and the bad.
If that hadn't been the goal we might just as well have stayed up there as part of Source.
But that would also mean there'd be no expansive. Everything would stand still.
Even Source expands and growth because of our experiences. It's a ripple effect. And that's the goal.

So the way I see it, thinking of having enlightenment as the goal would be like going abroad on holiday and rushing through the days because you just want to get home again.
Then you better simply stay home and not go holidaying.

After all, we came from Source, and why would we have left Source if all we wanted was to return there asap (Enlightenment)? Voluntarily leaving home while all you want is to be home. Makes no sense.
Old 07-12-2022, 05:12 PM
Master
Is it our mission to become enlightened through reincarnation?

No, but it is our mission to eventually become enlightened, realised, God conscious, etc.
Reincarnation exists along with karma. Until we connect with our highest consciousness, we will continue to be trapped by the unskilful karma we create by having to reincarnate to pay it off. But reincarnation itself is not a tool to take us to enlightenment, it is simply a merry go round, the process we will continue to go through until we understand the way off the merry go round.
Old 08-12-2022, 07:33 AM
Master

Why are we here

I asked a Buddhist monk this question and he said,
We are here to be happy.
Just do whatever makes you happy
As long as you don’t hurt anyone else or yourself.
Old 09-12-2022, 03:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
...reincarnation will teach me many things about my self my threshold and I think I will become more enlightened?
I would like to complete the thought as to (only) my self which is incomplete, it is not me but a collective me, every I. Every I interacts and each becomes enlightened. We tend to think of this as only me and exclude others. We all create. It's not only I become enlightened. It's important to remember reincarnation is a whole, not a part and made for every I. Reincarnation moves a person along. Think of it this way. Each part, a part of the whole (journey). It is becoming. There is a conclusion. We do not like the word mission because what if we fail? It may take several life times to move and complete a single step. It is a journey. Far too many want to maintain the individual ego. As you become enlightened and move forward others will not until the time they are ready. Each at their own level. We all become enlightened and are working as any other does. It should also teach us about how we interact.