Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-10-2022, 03:48 AM
Master
Iamthat, the original definition of utopia aside most people today think of utopia as a pleasurable
experience where they get all of their needs met. Words evolve and rarely retain their original meaning.
For many today, a hedonistic society may be their idea of utopia. In word usage today most people think
of paradise as being pleasurable, and pleasure as being utopic.
Old 11-10-2022, 01:28 PM
Knower
if one has spent an entire life living with sadness, sorrow, loneliness, isolation, misery, etc… a utopian definition using terminology like “ hedonistic” seems to be almost insulting & by my standards quite inappropriate…

so yeah; words do evolve over time - just as i believe a “self”, a “soul”, & a “spirit” can (specifically - in a world beyond chronological time’s existence).

i wasn’t looking for an immoral place to dwell - but rather one of camaraderie, bliss, serenity, companionship, contentment .. perhaps a place with a little more pleasance, accomplishment, appreciation, adventure & mystery too - but specifically ; a place “without repercussions” for obtaining such things.

seems in this world, most human behavior is “self absorbed”, “narrow minded”, “singular goaled” and “incompatible” … but- not for lack of trying - i haven’t seen many “quality friendships” develop to a level of my “divine enduring satisfaction” yet….

yet i still endure in this domain 😓
written in the : "Chamber of Eternity"
witnessed by : "Alpha & Omega"
Old 11-10-2022, 02:19 PM
Guide

Imagine your own Utopia.
That is what you'll see.
Old 11-10-2022, 02:22 PM
Master

Really it is hard to contemplate other than saying it will probably be different than your expectations. Just think: Will you wake up hoping for a good day ? No, if every day is good….we are thinking dualistically now where good can only exist if there is bad…..pursue this train of thought…..:)
Old 11-10-2022, 02:46 PM
Master

We construct heaven or utopia in our minds as an escape clause from this miserable world…our very contemplation of it serves as motivation to replicate it to some possible degree in this world….to the extent that we are doing that we are preparing to become God….God being all in one….Here we pray “thy will be done as it is in heaven”…..in heaven ‘we’ no longer have a will because we are joined with God….hahaha….be open minded and ready for something completely different…..:)
Old 11-10-2022, 03:47 PM
Master

Hope I did not burst any bubbles…..:). Many of you could be right. For this reason: very possibly there can be multiple levels of heaven…..
Old 11-10-2022, 03:53 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
…very possibly there can be multiple levels of heaven…..
i have to believe this to be so … mostly for the reason of not becoming so “disenchanted” with it, that i would eventually have the compulsion to return to a physical plane for any reason ever again.
written in the : "Chamber of Eternity"
witnessed by : "Alpha & Omega"
Old 11-10-2022, 04:41 PM
Master
In my experience beings in “heaven” do not call the place where they are at heaven, nor do they call it “utopia.” They do not call it anything as words do not exist there. Me having had many out-of-body experiences, came to realize that there are many, many, many, levels of being. We all know the so-called afterlife, before we were born as human beings we existed there in the afterlife.

The levels, or realms, of being where labels are placed on things are usually dualistic realms, like this physical realm. What we call “physical” is composed of spirit vibrating at a different frequency then what we may call “spiritual.” Spirit or living energy, is all there is; we classify the different frequencies of spirit, or different vibrations, to codify our own existence.

There are realms where there is no such thing as thought, realms where there is no such thing as objectivity, and there are also realms where what we think instantaneously manifests. There are realms beyond this physical world that are just like this physical world, realms where beings exist as pure consciousness without a body, etc., etc., etc.

In my experience your body, or covering, will be of a similar quality as the realm where you dwell. Here on Earth our physical body is two thirds fluid, just like the Earth. What we call “utopia” is a matter of preference; it is the same with what we may call perfection. The nomenclatures are all happening in our mind and the human mind is the epitome of duality.
Old 11-10-2022, 04:51 PM
Master

I like the 2 previous posts of Lord_Viskey and Starman. LV for employing logic and Starman for reminders of duality and how it influences our perceptions. At some point in our journey it seems inevitable that we will be asked to “check our egos at the door”. IMO
Old 11-10-2022, 05:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
the original definition of utopia aside most people today think of utopia as a pleasurable experience where they get all of their needs met. ... For many today, a hedonistic society may be their idea of utopia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Viskey
if one has spent an entire life living with sadness, sorrow, loneliness, isolation, misery, etc… a utopian definition using terminology like “ hedonistic” seems to be almost insulting & by my standards quite inappropriate…
Maybe we should differentiate between needs and desires.

So a utopian society is a society which satisfies the needs of all its members, whether these needs are physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual, etc.

This is not the same as saying that a utopian society satisfies the desires of all its members.

Peace