Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-06-2023, 07:29 AM
1337_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
1337. You state……
“I'm basing it on a couple of women I've met who've had multiple abortions and close to their menopause. Hands down the most miserable individuals I have ever met.

So you seem to think that ALL women will feel and act that way. Is that correct?
If you have a weak connection to your children then that's simply your own fault but riddle me this, if an individual is not able to have a good connection to his own children, literally his own flesh and blood, how is he going to have it to anyone else? Alot of parents simply don't pay attention to their children and their needs and desires. And you don't need to have a relationship with your children your entire life to understand what I mean by 'quality'.

Regarding monks and Mother Theresa, they have made sacrifices. Whether that was right or wrong I cannot be the judge of that. If you ask me this should not be a matter of personal choice but that the individual is following a path set by God, then obviously he has the grace of God with him, which is another quality relationship.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 17-06-2023 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 17-06-2023, 07:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
And it is not necessarily about saying "It is always my fault!". But we can go through life believing that we are the victims of random forces. Or we can expand our vision and consider that we might be the architects of our own circumstances. And maybe we realise that none of it is totally unfair.
Randomness is part of existence.
Old 17-06-2023, 07:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Incidentally, I am not out to persuade anyone that reincarnation is a fact. Because I simply do not know for sure that reincarnation is a fact.

But I (and many others on this forum) are willing to accept reincarnation as a reality because (to me at least) it seems to be the only doctrine that really makes sense of our existence.

I am certainly leaning towards being a believer, it definitely makes more sense then it not happening. However, that's a long way from saying everything 'bad' or challenging happening in our lives is because of a past life. Things can just happen, I think it's how we deal with it that counts. And sometimes there is no way to 'deal' with it at all, think about how common it was most of history for babies to die and for mothers to die after giving birth.
Old 17-06-2023, 09:57 AM
Master

1337. I think that IamThat statement below says everything. End of story.

“You come across as very judgemental, unable to consider any viewpoint other than your own, condemning those whose choices you disapprove of.”

A bit of acceptance and compassion goes a long way.
Old 17-06-2023, 10:31 AM
Master

Marriages for all-round holistic development

First I agree that in this age there are many challenges in marriage n its sustenance. But that does not change the fact.

My claims stem from following facts.
1. Almost all religions without exception involve priest, their rituals , vows ,do's n donts etc since ages. Mere sexual coexistence as in animal world does not need anything.

2.Every transition phase be it physical life or spiritual phase is always tricky n require lot of care n attention ( autopilot casual approach does not work eg changing tracks of locomotive,changing lanes on highway,take-off landing of aircraft). Chances of accident r very high if transition is not handled carefully. If a simple physical phenomenon such as these require lot of care ,psycho-spiritual-material event such as marriage whereby 2 free birds agree to come together leaving many others - would not require lot of care n attention. Priests n their vows r just that. It is irony that people rarely pay attention to the rituals n vows.
3. Making n following commitments has tremendous spiritual value. Marriage has that built in. So if a person happily remains in WEDLOCK for life,he definitely has achieved some level in spirituality apparently without doing anything!
4.The inherent need of being connected somewhere /longing for someone /someone longing for u is easily fulfilled.
5.Marriages teaches one to live with limited freedom which in real life helps everywhere.
6.Through conjugal experience, one can experience the sublime fullness n gradually gain gender deficient qualities also.The fullness experience can give glimpses of fullness in occult experience n can inspire one on spiritual journey too.

I have focused only on spiritual aspects n skipped obvious manifold material advantages if right framed people come together.
Old 17-06-2023, 12:43 PM
Master

Gender specific positives

I see discussions orienting towards complaining abt other gender. While that may really be true in some cases, it may not be worth talking about. Because it does not take us anywhere except that we gain an ability see wrong everywhere.In the process we loose connections and opportunities to trust n gain from most others most of the times. Something to think n orient towards IMHO.
Old 17-06-2023, 01:01 PM
When quoting others be sure to differentiate the quote somehow.
Use "" "", a diff color, italics. { }, or bold the words.

And Redchic your PM is full.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-06-2023, 01:32 PM
This topic is not about abortion or satan...like many authors I never capitalize, btw.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-06-2023, 07:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
1. Almost all religions without exception involve priest, their rituals , vows ,do's n donts etc since ages. Mere sexual coexistence as in animal world does not need anything.
4.The inherent need of being connected somewhere /longing for someone /someone longing for u is easily fulfilled.
5.Marriages teaches one to live with limited freedom which in real life helps everywhere.
There are many marriages where couples are happy and devoted to each other, content to grow old together.

But I wonder how many individuals who have been married for decades may feel desperately lonely with no sense of connection to their partner. Whatever they might once have had in common has long gone. Maybe they imagine the life they could have had if they had made different choices. They share a house but little else. Yet they stay together because that is easier than starting afresh on their own or because they took certain vows in front of a priest 30 years previously.

The difficulty with marriage vs sexual co-existence is that often people get married for the wrong reasons. If they had simply lived together they might have parted after a few years. And most adults are still relatively young when they marry and both partners change with time, not always in the same direction.

There seems to be no simple answer, but I question the wisdom of being bound by vows made much earlier in life if these vows are no longer appropriate.

Peace
Old 18-06-2023, 06:30 AM
Master

happily voluntarily married for life

Quote:
There are many marriages where couples are happy and devoted to each other, content to grow old together.

But I wonder how many individuals who have been married for decades may feel desperately lonely with no sense of connection to their partner.
Yes i too agree it is very difficult to find 'happily voluntarily married for life' people in this age . Even 1 in million may be difficult .

Here the word content in this age is equivalent to spineless , diffident and incapable people . So the disdain for 'content' people in general society is understandable. JS Miller's statement that ' I shall be dissatisfied socrates than satisfied pigs ' though is out of context in such cases , people may apply in marriage context. But in the context of marriage being 'content' requires lot of courage and confidence. Just like in any sports, in life too you have given partners , given opponents , constraining rules , limited opportunities and with no opportunity move backwards/rewind . So like winning in any sports , you too need to develop enough restraint in myriad constraints. And that in most of the cases putting limits on one's own actions which in no way mean achievement.

Quote:
They share a house but little else. Yet they stay together because that is easier than starting afresh on their own or because they took certain vows in front of a priest 30 years previously.

These is one the material advantage i skipped in my listing . Many a times people regret breakups made later on over trivia issues and try hard to reverse it but life gives scant chance for making amends.

Quote:
There seems to be no simple answer, but I question the wisdom of being bound by vows made much earlier in life if these vows are no longer appropriate.
I am not here to question/restrict/limit anyone's freedom or choices .

Today's unit of thinking is 'individual for current life till death '. In that schema divorce looks perfect remedy fo dysfunctional marriage . But in traditional societies unit of thinking is 'individual , couple,family , community , nation , society forever ' . In that schema divorce is the last / no remedy . Further divorce looks like a grand panacea for all conjugal problems .Even from 'individual for current life till death ' standpoint its not always a great . Females are more at loosing option . Females are the ones who bear the brunt of sexual intercourse in terms of swinging moods , psychological trauma , pregnancy , child care , making both end meets etc. So if all these is taken care off and male is made to pay for all these , then probably divorce may probably be ok for me . Still both divorcee are not yet comfortable and they are always in search of perfect partner -often in vain search for life . So divorce merely for ego gratification over trivia reasons would be strictly no-no for ME . I won't question other's wisdom or freedom .