Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 14-04-2021, 12:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
May I ask what lessons he taught you (if you want to only or if inappropriate please disregard)
I know what you mean I think.

First of all, the "homeless" black sage in NYC did not reveal his true nature to me for the first two years of our mysterious 9-year connection. He would only ask questions or make statements that seemed bizarre at the time .... but which I discovered were actually true and it was instead MY perception of the Reality that was "bizarre" at that time. When he finally revealed himself, I asked him why he had not done so earlier. Despite my yoga and meditation practice and my superficial unenlightened, inflated "high regard" for my "enlightened" self at the time , his unforgettable humbling response was that "You weren't even at a point where we could discuss basics".

I will share one the many things that I learned from him. At one point, I asked him how he could live like this .... as a "homeless" man on the streets of NYC. He responded that he was more secure than I was ... despite the fact that I was a Vice President and Department Manager in Real Time Trading Systems at Merrill Lynch.

My incredulous shocked look caused him to elaborate further.

He said, "When I need something to eat, people like you give me something to eat".

I had to agree, but was still not convinced that he was more secure than I was.

He continued, "When I need something to wear, people like you will buy me something to wear."

I could not deny that but remained unconvinced.

He then added, "When I need a place to stay, people like you will offer me a place to stay".

Needless to say, I was not convinced that he was more "secure" than I was.

Finally ... the zinger !

He pointed out that he did have one problem and, sensing "victory", I asked him what that was.

He responded, "When people discover my spiritual nature, they try to cling to me ... just like you are trying to do". He was right. I could not deny that.

He then added: "Do you know how many people have offered to wine and dine me, build me a cottage on their property, set up an ashram for me, ......... (and so on)? I could have ashrams all over the world. There are literally thousands of places that I can go at any time. My problem is staying away from those people. I AM FAR MORE SECURE THAN YOU."

I realized at that moment that he was right, as I was just one of thousands who would welcome him at any time. He was indeed far more secure than I was.

The power of spiritual attraction to a master is awe-inspiring and, as Jesus once said, "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His right-use-ness, AND ALL OTHER THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU". This "homeless" black sage in NYC was living proof of that. I have never forgotten him.
Old 14-04-2021, 05:14 PM
Master

And I am grateful for you passing these lessons on. Thank you Still_Waters. A very nice read indeed.
Old 14-04-2021, 07:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Be very careful when giving personal details on the internet. I always see mediums in person and am usually able to tell if they're legitimate.

After saying that,when I have a reading off some mediums I sometimes wonder how the hell did they know that?They must follow me around.

Yes seeing them in person is by far the best way. However, this person came out with some info which isn't shown on my Daiughter's FB page!
Old 15-04-2021, 07:38 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaPete
Yes seeing them in person is by far the best way. However, this person came out with some info which isn't shown on my Daiughter's FB page!

Well,there's your answer.
Old 15-04-2021, 02:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
And I am grateful for you passing these lessons on. Thank you Still_Waters. A very nice read indeed.

I am glad that you found that story to be helpful. That "homeless" black sage in NYC opened my eyes on many such subjects ... by example and not just theorizing.