Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-09-2023, 02:42 PM
Newbie ;)

The afterlife - who is right science or religion?

The majority of people in Western countries deny the existence of the afterlife because it is contrary to the scientific consensus. Christians do believe in an afterlife but this is dependent on accepting Jesus as their saviour. Spiritualists believe we all transition to the afterlife as confirmed by the Padgett messages, Robert Hugh Benson/Anthony Borgia, Yogi Ramacharaka, Arthur Findlay & many others. So who is right?
Old 10-09-2023, 06:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Lockwood
The majority of people in Western countries deny the existence of the afterlife because it is contrary to the scientific consensus.
A quick search online casts doubt upon this statement according to various polls. The numbers differ, but they all suggest that the majority do believe in some form of afterlife.

For example:

In a 2014 CBS News poll, the most recent on the subject, 66% of respondents said they believed in heaven and hell, 11% in heaven only, and 17% in neither.

Today 73 percent of Americans believe in heaven while 62 percent believe in hell, similar to 2017 when Pew last asked the questions. (Christianity Today)

Yet 80 percent of Americans said they believe in an afterlife in 2014, up from 73 percent in 1972-74. "It was interesting that fewer people participated in religion or prayed but more believed in an afterlife," (NBC News)

The scientific consensus may claim that life ends with physical death but how much does that really sway peoples' beliefs?

Peace
Old 10-09-2023, 07:15 PM
Administrator
I have never gone by what Science or Religion says I have always walked my own path.
As a medium I call it the spirit world I follow my Instincts all the time.
Heaven is called by many names. for myself it is the spirit world,
for others it is Paradise the list can go on.

Namaste
Old 11-09-2023, 01:26 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Lockwood
So who is right?
That's you're question?
That's easy, Padgett, Borgia and the gang, Chico Xavier, too!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-09-2023, 06:44 AM
Master

I’m on the same page as NativeS regarding this question.

Obviously, I will listen and ponder what has been said by both sides but usually follow my own instincts.
Old 11-09-2023, 06:57 AM
Master
Science or religion, in their own perception of things they are both right. There are lots of scientist who are Christians, Buddhists, or follow some other religion. It has been estimated that more then half of people who hold science degrees follow a religious path.

I do not believe that it is strictly science or religion as I embrace that both science and religion are talking about the same thing only using different words and concepts. What science call “the big bang,” religion calls the word of God. There are lots of scientists that believe in God.

What religion calls an afterlife science calls quantum theory. Science definitely says that we are largely electro-magnetic energy an energy that can not be created nor destroyed but can be transformed or transferred. This is similar to what spiritualists are saying in regard to the afterlife.

Yes, there are differences, but there is more in common then there are that is different. Keep in mind, the only exact science is mathematics, all other science is based of perceived hypothesis and theory, while religion is based on theology, theosophy, or philosophy. The issue is that both science and religion call their conclusions “fact.”

Science is based on the objective, what is observable, measurable, and can be repeated, while spirituality is highly subjective and is based on individual beliefs and perceptions. One involves logic and reasoning while the other is intuitive; still there is a place where both of them meet.

Last edited by Starman : 11-09-2023 at 08:02 AM.
Old 11-09-2023, 11:14 AM
Master

Absolutely agree Starman.

Actually science and religion are starting to meet now. The Dalai Lama has been working with scientists regarding the brain and have made significant advances in that area, especially concerning destructive thoughts. Brilliant book.

Apparently they have continued to meet on a yearly basis.

Gary Schwartz is another one looking at both sides.
Old 11-09-2023, 04:39 PM
Master
Redchic12, I used to listen to Dr. Deepak Chopra, M.D., a licensed medical physician who is also a devoted Hindu, and in his lectures he mixes his religious perspective with scientific conclusions.

In particle physics scientists refer to the Higgs boson as “The God Particle.” What they call the Higgs boson is a particle which they theorize gives other particles their mass. These particles, according to this theory, make up what we call physical existence.

I consider myself to be a bridge builder, as I learned when I studied the Hebrew Kabbalah that true magic is the science of finding seemingly hidden relationships. In my opinion everything is connected, all is one, nothing stands alone. Everything is having a relationship with everything else.

It is just in our perception we may separate things into this and that, and we label our perceived differences as different things. But opposites are a continuum of the same thing at extreme poles. This includes what we call “life“ and “death,” in my opinion.
Old 11-09-2023, 05:34 PM
Master
Not real science if it ignores certain types of proof for the afterlife,was it The Scole Experiments for one,then today you have a myriad of scientific instruments the departed can be detected or contacted on,moving on from that you can get your own scientific proof of religion and philosophy working and being succesful,in The Science of Self Realization,by Srila Prabhupada you follow certain regulatios and become purified,you can't show that in a concrete lab,your own body,mind an soul is the lab,and thats the important thing not one or two dimensional inferior lab experiments but real actual hands on three dimensional real life stuff.
Old 11-09-2023, 07:54 PM
Seeker

I would suggest to explore your self. Start training on astral travel, or mediumship, then you will see.