Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 31-12-2020, 07:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
Hi forum,

Is it easy to change one's character?

I personally change all the time, for my guide (Higher Self). For me changing my character is easy.

How about others? Especially for those who are not awakened?

Some info from the Web:
https://www.quora.com/How-difficult-...heir-character

I am asking this question because to those who ask me help, I generally say that they should accept to change for their guide (Higher Self) and the change will come. But I noticed that I have no idea if, for others, changing one's character is easy or difficult.

Please discuss.

green1

It is hard to change one's character and habits, especially when they are well-established, and one needs to do some smart work and hard work to mould one's character later on.

The three M's, namely Making a commitment, Modifying your environment (getting rid of all that stimulates the negative character trait) and Monitoring your behavior, is a helpful acronym in this regard.

Meditation helps a lot in bringing in the necessary introspection and self-awareness in a short span of time, which is vital at the root levels for changing one's compulsive negative actions, and consequent habits and character.

You might find this article of the Prajapita Brahmakumaris on meditation useful.

https://www.soulveda.com/spiritual-l...-mental-peace/

Quote:
Meditation is of great value because it brings a great change in personality traits and negative thinking and habits. It gives us many benefits, some direct and others, indirect. Meditation not only enables a person to rise to the highest level of spiritual experience, but it helps us to discharge our professions, household and other social duties more efficiently and with equanimity and better judgment. Meditation gives us mental relaxation and constant peace and improves the quality of being. It is the sure way to experience a new zeal, powerful energy, and real and lasting peace and to have in it a fountain of bliss. ~ Prajapita Brahmakumaris

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 31-12-2020, 12:57 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
It is hard to change one's character and habits, especially when they are well-established, and one needs to do some smart work and hard work to mould one's character later on.

The three M's, namely Making a commitment, Modifying your environment (getting rid of all that stimulates the negative character trait) and Monitoring your behavior, is a helpful acronym in this regard.

Meditation helps a lot in bringing in the necessary introspection and self-awareness in a short span of time, which is vital at the root levels for changing one's compulsive negative actions, and consequent habits and character.

You might find this article of the Prajapita Brahmakumaris on meditation useful.

https://www.soulveda.com/spiritual-l...-mental-peace/

Thanks for your comments and interesting links ajay.

Cheers,
green1
Old 31-12-2020, 03:38 PM
hazada guess

Is it easy to change one's character?.........

Events that go on around you and folk around you, determine your personality
Your personality can be changed when you awaken though, and realise life is a journey.
Old 31-12-2020, 03:54 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Is it easy to change one's character?.........

Events that go on around you and folk around you, determine your personality
Your personality can be changed when you awaken though, and realise life is a journey.

Well said.

Cheers,
green1