Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 04-10-2020, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Hi Honza..
Can you explain what you mean with ''I AM''?

Not in any simple terms. How do you see it?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The path that I was on was not working. Then I heard of I AM. I struggled like crazy with it at first, but could not deny that it makes sense.

Do you consider yourself and/or reality as I AM?
As you asked ...

I think that this "I AM" has the purpose of making one give up all inquiry and their quest for individual evolvement, giving them a cushy feeling of having achieved something, which emphatically is called NOTHING, which is actually correct: achieving nothing (lower cases).

My personal opinion is that the "I AM" and "NOTHING" beliefs are delusional, but everybody's free to be so. NO offense intended.

We aren't all ONE, and our purpose to be here isn't to think of NOTHING.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:29 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
The path that I was on was not working. Then I heard of I AM. I struggled like crazy with it at first, but could not deny that it makes sense.

I like it better phrased as "That thou art".

http://www.advaita.org.uk/discourses...tattvamasi.htm

Another way to put it is you are nothing less than Existence-Consciousness-Bliss. Existence Itself. Everything that ever existed, does exist now and ever will exist. Infinite and not bound by form, time and space.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:08 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:

As a modern Gnostic Christians, I name my god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation and “I am”, represents the best rules and laws that we have found to live by.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Regards
DL
Old 12-02-2021, 04:16 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:

Show the complicated.

We can follow you as you said you had a logic trail.

Start with telling us if your god is supernatural or not.

Regards
DL
Old 13-02-2021, 12:43 AM
Knower

Quote:

I also still do not grasp what you are meaning when you ask if I consider being I AM.....

If it's too complicated to explain, can you give us a paragraph or something? Is this I AM you are discussing the same I AM in the Torah of the Jews? I am just trying to get my bearings here...
Old 13-02-2021, 02:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
Show the complicated.

We can follow you as you said you had a logic trail.

Start with telling us if your god is supernatural or not.

Regards
DL

The older I get the more difficult it is to believe in a supernatural God. As a youngster my life was full of the supernatural and I could believe in such things. However growing old can take that away.

It is far more logical to believe in I AM then in a magical God. I prefer magic, but common sense often prevails.

Old 13-02-2021, 02:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholarly Tarot
I also still do not grasp what you are meaning when you ask if I consider being I AM.....

If it's too complicated to explain, can you give us a paragraph or something? Is this I AM you are discussing the same I AM in the Torah of the Jews? I am just trying to get my bearings here...

The theory of I AM is that reality centers around ones own self. Ones own self is reality. Therefore we all create and are our own realities. God becomes a self loving being. He refers to Himself as I AM. Because He knows He is reality.

Old 14-02-2021, 12:38 AM
Knower

Quote:
The theory of I AM is that reality centers around ones own self. Ones own self is reality. Therefore we all create and are our own realities. God becomes a self loving being. He refers to Himself as I AM. Because He knows He is reality.

Oh, ok, thank you, that clarifies things enormously for me. I agree that I am real, and that means so is everyone else. And, then, so is the world. And... then, so is the heavens and universe. So, everything is real. Am I understanding this accurately?
Old 14-02-2021, 10:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholarly Tarot
Oh, ok, thank you, that clarifies things enormously for me. I agree that I am real, and that means so is everyone else. And, then, so is the world. And... then, so is the heavens and universe. So, everything is real. Am I understanding this accurately?

No, that is where the theory of I AM differs from mainstream (Abrahamic) religion. Not everything is real - only ME. I Am real. That is where the notions that heaven is a state of mind and the earth is maya (illusion) come from.