Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-12-2020, 10:33 AM
Newbie ;)

Spiritual Growth From Plant Medicines Paired With Music 5

Conclusion
Somewhere in the ensuing 35 minutes immediately following the end of the experience, (i.e. the end of the audio element in the equation), I had a moment of clarity & recognition, as well as a moment of self-realization. After further exploring the concept that I received from the final single experience itself, my flow of thoughts brought me to understand this: that by internalizing & implementing in life, to the best of your will, the idea of simply getting & staying out of your own way, thereby allowing yourself to have a greater amount of overall enjoyment in every moment of everyday, you will be treating living life itself the way it is meant, the way it should, and the way it deserves to be treated. Life should be embraced, experienced, engaged, & enjoyed at all times; because life is a gift. And although that of course is also the same message I interpreted from the experience during “Parabol/Parabola”, the grand message that I got after the closing session seemed to spiral right back to that idea as well as that piece of music.
This is why I believe these two tracks; well more accurately the single work of music that they make as one piece, is placed where it is placed on the “Lateralus” album. It is track number six & seven of a thirteen track album, making it the middle of the album. I symbolically like to think of it as a subtle centerpiece to an album that is a complete work of art in so many ways musically & otherwise. I do want to make it clear that I am not taking away from other reasons as to its placement in the final order of the album. One major thing that I am referring to is something I believe to be true that a fan commented about on lyrics to “Ticks & Leeches” years ago on one of the open source song meaning sites. They were showing why “Ticks & Leeches” was a relevant & purposeful song on the album in the theme of spiritual enlightenment that is widely agreed upon to be what the album is all about. To be honest, the person’s way of wording it is what caused one of the initial sparks in my mind to continue digging which, of course, ultimately led to this self-study being conceived & developed.
A user named “VICARIOUSLY” on lyricinterpretations.com’s page for “Ticks & Leeches” commented “...but the more I thought about it, the more it makes sense – stuck between “Parabola” (realizing the gift that is life) & “Lateralus” (evolving to a higher consciousness).” He goes on to say, “Ticks & Leeches represents a particularly destructive flaw of the domesticated primate-spiritual ignorance.”, and further states, ‘You GET what you GIVE.” “...the only way out of the cycle is to acknowledge that you are actually creating it. You can’t go from “Parabola” to “Lateralus” without “Ticks & Leeches”. Now stop choking...”
When you look at each work of music for its individual message, it seems obvious why the song that tells one to “recognize this as a holy gift” is placed where it is:

“The Grudge” - choose to stay in old ways or make changes for the better
“The Patient” - the tedious struggle involved in spiritual work & growth
“Schism” - rebuilding communication & having healthy relationships
“Parabol/Parabola” - recognize that life itself is a gift
“Ticks & Leeches” - the needed bridge to close the gap from the physical growth in the songs prior to the spiritual growth involved in the songs afterward.
“Lateralus” - evolving consciousness
“Disposition” - observing the thought plane
“Reflection” - spiritual understanding & growth
“Triad” - moving forward as a more spiritually driven being

Now the way I see it, is that “Parabol/Parabola” could be placed anywhere on the first half of the album & its significance would still be as meaningful & would still serve the same purpose. It is never too early or too late to see that life itself is a gift; however actually understanding & treating life as such is of utmost importance & significance to the growth & connection with & of spirit.
One final thing that I think should be noted, since it is one of the reasons this paper has its title, be it a meaningful thing or not. As I stated toward the end of the 2nd experience log ("Eon Blue…" & "The Patient"), upon the initial conception of this "Lateralus" album as a set of blastronaut sessions, I was expecting to do each session one night after the other consecutively from start to finish; this is the reason the first & second sessions took place on consecutive dates. It is also why this is the only time it happened like that. The number of days between sessions varies from there on out. I didn't set an interval amount for in between, but I did discover one unwritten rule to adhere to. Let each session & the opportunity for it happen naturally, organically; when it feels like the time, ya know. Don't try to plan it, force it, set a date, etc.; from personal experience(s) during this experiment I can tell you that life & its things will come-a-calling if you make attempts at forcing opportunity. Circling back to what I wanted to point out: the total amount of time that passed from the first to the final session took a little over 9 months. Forty-one weeks exactly. So the amount of time it takes during gestation for a human being to be conceived to birth happens to be the same amount of time it took for me to go through this regiment & experience the symbolic & spiritual "birth" of a better & more beautiful being.
To close out, I will simply say what I said at the end of the “Parabol/Parabola” session log, with a little more on it:

Life is a gift, & the phases of life all have their own role within our individual lives. Just do your best to stay out of your own ****ing way & don’t let the **** get to you. Life is a gift, always enjoy it. Any questions?

{Initial Concept & Development – July 2019
Began As Self-Study on July 30th, 2019
Concluded Self-Study on May 12th, 2020
Completion Of Report – June 6th, 2020}

- Bleezy The Blastronaut