Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 09-11-2010, 11:14 PM
AnnoyingPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
If someone is absolutely sure that they have psychic powers, why not prove it scientifically on television? Can you imagine, what kind of revolution such a person would create, no not revolution.. evolution. A redeemer, a prophet.. lol. Many people like to be that, but every time the quacks are debunked sooner or later. Surely there have to be genuine people.

Okay. For all the indigo, star, or crystal children out there: If you feel like proving how totally amazing and spiritual and miraculous you are, then James Randi would be happy to set up an experiment to test that.

And he also has a big $$$$ reward for people who can prove it.

Last edited by AnnoyingPony : 10-11-2010 at 02:15 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Enya

You know, I am against stereo-typing people for any reason and going by a list of attributes which can apply to just about anybody doesn't recommend this stuff to me at all. However... I have met several crystal people - adults and children - and it's not them who've told me this, I have picked this up from their spiritual energy.

James Randi and his ilk are biased from the start, so why *should* anyone waste their time and energy going thru hoops for such people? Pearls before swine...
Old 10-11-2010, 02:15 AM
AnnoyingPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
You know, I am against stereo-typing people for any reason and going by a list of attributes which can apply to just about anybody doesn't recommend this stuff to me at all. However... I have met several crystal people - adults and children - and it's not them who've told me this, I have picked this up from their spiritual energy.

Gut instinct over reason is notoriously unreliable, IMHO.

Quote:
James Randi and his ilk are biased from the start, so why *should* anyone waste their time and energy going thru hoops for such people? Pearls before swine...

James Randi might have a negative view of supernatural claims, but he does do his best to make the trials unbiased.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Lostgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx
Lostgirl, unfortunately the nature of this belief is to diagnose other people and all too often that is children. If an individual just believed their life path energy was a certain colour, then it would do no harm. But indigo has become interwoven with personality traits, childhood developmental traits, and myths that foretell the purpose of childrens lives. That is too much to put on children.

I understand what you are saying but you also have to give children some credit and they arent stupid. They will make their own minds up and if they dont believe it they wont. Just because parents try and impress something on a child does not mean they will grow up and believe it or let it rule their lives.

I mean arent alot of people on here proof of the fact alot of children have beliefs forced upon them in more accepted/common religions ie. the catholic religion, and we have said actually i dont believe in that im Wiccan, or something else!?
Old 10-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
I understand what you are saying but you also have to give children some credit and they arent stupid. They will make their own minds up and if they dont believe it they wont. Just because parents try and impress something on a child does not mean they will grow up and believe it or let it rule their lives.

I mean arent alot of people on here proof of the fact alot of children have beliefs forced upon them in more accepted/common religions ie. the catholic religion, and we have said actually i dont believe in that im Wiccan, or something else!?

This seperation of religious identity has given rise for thousands of years to enormous human atrocities...and this continues to be at the forefront of societies fears and justifications for torture/imprisonment/murder right into the present day. As an argument for people creating yet more reasons for seperation of human beings, it falls head first into bloodshed Im afraid.

Ofcourse there are children who will find their way to independence. Some will lose their families and friends in order to do so. But should they not then voice their feelings?
Old 10-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Master
Quote:
However... I have met several crystal people - adults and children - and it's not them who've told me this, I have picked this up from their spiritual energy.
What makes them ''crystal people''?

Quote:
Why is he biased?
Don't tell me you're a dowser..
Old 10-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl

I would say Wiccan and something else.

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 10-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Lostgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
I would say Wiccan and something else.

Why Wiccan and something else???

Not really what we are talking about here.

Quote:
This seperation of religious identity has given rise for thousands of years to enormous human atrocities...and this continues to be at the forefront of societies fears and justifications for torture/imprisonment/murder right into the present day. As an argument for people creating yet more reasons for seperation of human beings, it falls head first into bloodshed Im afraid.

Ofcourse there are children who will find their way to independence. Some will lose their families and friends in order to do so. But should they not then voice their feelings?

I agree it leads to separation and blood shed history tells us that. Of course people should voice their feelings but only if they are concerned and they think it is their business to get involved ie. if a family member might be in trouble. It is not our place to butt in on others lives and tell them that what they are telling their children is wrong when it is something that they have faith in. Who are we to destroy someones faith.

I am in complete agreement that things like this can cause huge amounts of problems all i am saying is that we shouldnt try and say what people should and should not tell their children as its not our place. If they have faith in something let them believe it and let the child make up their own mind.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Rumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyingPony

James Randi might have a negative view of supernatural claims, but he does do his best to make the trials unbiased.
Like an Indigo Witch Hunt! Not really.

Honestly, I understand trying to perk your child up, but to make them feel special or to make them superior are two totally different things.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyingPony
Who said anything about gut instinct??

Quote:
Maybe so... but I still think there is a vested self-interest in there which keeps his media career rolling...