Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-11-2020, 11:19 AM
rajneshrai rajneshrai is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 32
 
Can anyone control someone's mind through hypnosis

How does hypnosis work on controlling someone's mind.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-11-2020, 11:24 AM
andrewaustin andrewaustin is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 48
  andrewaustin's Avatar
Possibly the best example of how hypnosis works to influence people is to look at how advertising works. Essentially, by careful use of words, phrases and images, they are able to persuade people to buy their product and even for them to develop values and positive beliefs about it.

However, is it just a case of putting someone in a trance and then telling them to things in order to control them? Sometimes yes, but mostly this is just the movies. But that said, look at the echo chambers created by social media companies such as Facebook which is able to influence people on a massive scale.

There are lots of books on hypnosis, and masses of varying quality videos on youtube which will teach you a lot more on how it all works.
__________________
Andrew T. Austin
Writer, Therapist, Speaker
------------------------------------
Metaphors of Movement: https://www.metaphorsofmovement.co.uk
Esoteric Study Group: https://www.historiailliusitineris.com
Brain, Mind and Language: https://www.23NLPeople.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-11-2020, 02:41 PM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 14,743
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewaustin
Possibly the best example of how hypnosis works to influence people is to look at how advertising works. Essentially, by careful use of words, phrases and images, they are able to persuade people to buy their product and even for them to develop values and positive beliefs about it.

However, is it just a case of putting someone in a trance and then telling them to things in order to control them? Sometimes yes, but mostly this is just the movies. But that said, look at the echo chambers created by social media companies such as Facebook which is able to influence people on a massive scale.

There are lots of books on hypnosis, and masses of varying quality videos on youtube which will teach you a lot more on how it all works.

It would be interesting to find out how much hypnosis influences our lives. The group that has always amazed me is the runners who use hypnosis to increase their speed just a little bit more.
__________________


 
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

        Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-11-2020, 01:42 PM
bobjob bobjob is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Heart of England
Posts: 2,966
  bobjob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
It would be interesting to find out how much hypnosis influences our lives. The group that has always amazed me is the runners who use hypnosis to increase their speed just a little bit more.

As with any technique claimed to shave fractions of a second off competition times, any initial advantage is lost when your competitors adopt the same technique. Then it's back to personal ability and hard training. I'm a runner....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-02-2022, 06:23 AM
skyman
Posts: n/a
 
I bought stuff from Amazon which I didn't need. Probably there was some mind manipulation there, but not mind control.

I'm curious about the same thing.

Maybe after injecting, or making us inhale, drink, .. nanorobots, they can control our mind
directly.

Maybe by saying some confusing, repetitive things in a special way (fast, slow, confident)
you can create hypnosis in other people.

Sometimes, suddenly I start hearing a special ear ringing sound, .. and I can stop/reduce it. I feel maybe I switch to another mental state when this happens. If it is mind control, then it must be a remote one.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-04-2022, 03:48 PM
Sir Neil Sir Neil is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Greater London
Posts: 335
 
I would guess that they can, which is why professional hypnotists have rules and professional codes of conduct.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-04-2022, 03:06 AM
Bambo Bambo is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 1,641
 
Anyone who has a strong mind cannot be controlled like this...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-04-2022, 09:28 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 21,468
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo
Anyone who has a strong mind cannot be controlled like this...
I allowed myself to be hypnotized.
I surrendered to and trusted the person, plus my sister was looking on.
I do not think I have a weak mind.
But I do not a mind full of fear, ego, stubbornness or doubt either.
Those can stop a person from a successful hypnotherapy session of any kind.
__________________

.
*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-04-2022, 12:37 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 14,743
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
As with any technique claimed to shave fractions of a second off competition times, any initial advantage is lost when your competitors adopt the same technique. Then it's back to personal ability and hard training. I'm a runner....

It..... does not work exactly like that.


It is like the game 'Simon Says'. The game begins and slowly, everybody is no longer in the game. Some people might have went out on the same round but rarely does everybody 'go out' on the same round.

The same would hold for hypnosis for runners.
If the same technique is 'appled' to 10 runners, we would not expect the results to be statistically the same.
__________________


 
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

        Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-04-2022, 12:39 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 14,743
  BigJohn's Avatar
From my perspective, I would say everybody 'falls' to various forms of hypnosis every day. The problem is: they do not realize it.
__________________


 
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

        Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums