Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 21-11-2011, 04:40 AM
BlackWolf

What is everyones favorite oil to burn?

I LOVE the scent of apples. But right now I am burning an oil called "Colombian Coffee". Ahhhhh, I LOVE it!
Old 21-11-2011, 04:46 AM
nightowl

I don't burn oils per se I anoint my candles with Frankincense oil before I burn them...smells wonderful...
Old 21-11-2011, 04:47 AM
BlackWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
I don't burn oils per se I anoint my candles with Frankincense oil before I burn them...smells wonderful...

I have never heard of someone doing that. How/why do you do that?

Sounds interesting & I have never smelled frankincense oil before.
Old 21-11-2011, 05:03 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWolf
I have never heard of someone doing that. How/why do you do that?

Sounds interesting & I have never smelled frankincense oil before.

I use candles in my rituals for prayers and intentions. Anointing is a form of consecrating the candle to the Spirit to use it for good intention and energy. Frankincense is an old scent and has a wonderful rich history tied to it.

a tid bit from wiki;

Quote:
History
Indirect burning of frankincense on a hot coal

Frankincense has been traded on the Arabian Peninsula and in North Africa for more than 5000 years.[3] A mural depicting sacks of frankincense traded from the Land of Punt adorns the walls of the temple of ancient Egyptian Queen Hatshepsut, who died in 1458 BCE.[4]

Frankincense was a part of the Ketoret which is used when referring to the consecrated incense described in the Hebrew Bible and Talmud. It is also referred to as the HaKetoret (the incense). It was offered on the specialized incense altar in the time when the Tabernacle was located in the First and Second Jerusalem Temples. The ketoret was an important component of the Temple service in Jerusalem. It is mentioned in the Hebrew Bible book of Exodus 30:34, where it is named levonah, meaning "white" in Hebrew.[5]

"While burning incense was accepted as a practice in the later Roman Catholic church, the early church during Roman times forbade the use of incense in services resulting in a rapid decline in the incense trade."[6]

Frankincense was reintroduced to Europe by Frankish Crusaders (Frank-incense). Although it is better known as "frankincense" to westerners, the resin is also known as olibanum, which is derived from the Arabic al-lubān (roughly translated: "that which results from milking"), a reference to the milky sap tapped from the Boswellia tree. Some[who?] have also postulated that the name comes from the Arabic term for "Oil of Lebanon" since Lebanon was the place where the resin was sold and traded with Europeans.

The lost city of Ubar, sometimes identified with Irem in what is now the town of Shisr in Oman, is believed to have been a center of the frankincense trade along the recently rediscovered "Incense Road". Ubar was rediscovered in the early 1990s and is now under archaeological excavation.

The Greek historian Herodotus was familiar with Frankincense and knew it was harvested from trees in southern Arabia. He reports, however, that the gum was dangerous to harvest because of venomous snakes that lived in the trees. He goes on to describe the method used by the Arabians to get around this problem, that being the burning of the gum of the styrax tree whose smoke would drive the snakes away.[7] The resin is also mentioned by Theophrastus and by Pliny the Elder in his Naturalis Historia.
Old 21-11-2011, 05:16 AM
BlackWolf

Well, when I get some money I will have to go out and buy some to do the same. What a great idea!
Old 21-11-2011, 05:17 AM
BlackWolf

And thank you for sharing!
Old 21-11-2011, 05:19 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWolf
Well, when I get some money I will have to go out and buy some to do the same. What a great idea!

Cool...glad you feel a connection.
Old 23-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Master
I like to burn Ylang ylang and sweet orange together. And sometimes jasmine and patchouli.
GA ;)x
Old 23-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Deactivated Account
There's one called 'baby powder' it's gorgeous and not too heavy like some of them can be , also I love the violet oils.

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 23-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Neville

Lavender,Patchouli,Bergamot, Sandalwood, Neroli are amongst my favourites