Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 20-02-2023, 01:26 PM
Master
Is awareness seperate from being(without becoming)?

is awareness seperate from the being that is without becoming? and is awareness what causes being to enter a state of becoming?

Or would you say that awareness = being without becoming? And if so, how/why?

for example, awareness=being(without becoming) because awareness is seperate from becoming? Then where does becoming come from, if not the awareness?

thank you.
Old 20-02-2023, 04:05 PM
Guide

IMO You have to be aware of something to gain Consciousness,for example just before incarnating when your life is roughly planned.

I only speak from what I remember.Dont forget, there are many vibrations of which I know nothing about.
Old 20-02-2023, 04:08 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
is awareness seperate from the being that is without becoming? Etc...

The Kybalion says, "All is Mind" The Vedas mention, "Even the gods die" Since Being/Non-being is a duality, is beingness itself, an illusion?
To be a living being ("I am“) is not the ultimate state; there is something beyond, much more wonderful, which is neither being nor not-being, neither living nor not living. It is a state of awareness, beyond the limitations of space and time. The same source of the will (desire) to live, a source deeper even than life itself. The 'I' is there even without the 'am'. -- Shri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 20-02-2023, 04:15 PM
Guide

That,I agree with alanantic.
Old 20-02-2023, 04:59 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
That,I agree with alanantic.

I just got your name! I'm gonna hazada guess that it's not Arabic. Ha!
Old 20-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Guide

ROFL.
Old 20-02-2023, 06:35 PM
Master

Quote:
how/why?

I love your questions! I think awareness is the being that is separate from becoming. I think awareness = being without becoming. How/why? To me because if you are aware(ness) (in the right way) you are no longer attached to or identified with one's conditioned mind.

I think when one tries to be free or liberated, the brain and it's mechanisms has a way to prevent it or make it difficult. It throws up an idea or delusion of "the one doing it." I think this is just more thought and content from the brain, but we identify with it as "us." I think our delusional image of it or understanding pre-set is subject and object (me and that) when both are manufactured or created by thought and awareness identifying as thought. I think awareness participates in the delusion by identifying with one part of thought that presents itself as the examiner of another part of thought. I think the seeker is not free of the mind created content or apart from it. It is a creation of it. It is dependent on it.

I think becoming does come from awareness but then so does the ending of becoming. I think awareness is not some mysterious thing. It's simply us. Awareness is what we are. I think awareness is me and you and everyone. I think when we (awareness) identifies with this body and its mind and story and all of that and then we get on a "spiritual path" we create a state of becoming. I think "we" decide we want to become or reach this higher state. I think it's pretty simple. But then we don't reach the state and it's frustrating! No matter what we do, we do not fundamentally change who and what we are.
Old 20-02-2023, 07:06 PM
Master

I think we can have all kinds of mystical and trippy experiences, anybody can, but as long as we are still identified with our content as self, we will not be free. Awareness is us. I think awareness can identify with this body and it's mind and opinions and beliefs and thoughts and thinking and conditioning as itself. So I think awareness creates a state of becoming through this identifying.

I think it's like being underwater. I think awareness submerges itself in the person or conditioned self. Then awareness gets into some spiritual pursuit and instead of coming to the surface above mind, it as mind seeks. I think an identified mind wants to find an enlightened mind while still identified. I think awareness is still in the position of identifying itself in thought. But I think being comes from awareness as well. The ending of becoming. Simply by realizing my attention, the attention of awareness, is still on a thought. I think awareness of what is actually being done (what I am doing) (focusing on a thought) in the current moment and reality of now, frees one.

I think it has to take place in the present moment, the now, nowhere else. And it is on going. I think one will easily drift back into false identification which gives reality and experience to ones thoughts and the conditioned mind. I think "staying awake" staying above water, takes practice and dedication and a strong interest in it. I think one can get better at it, or find it more and hold it longer with practice and time and effort. But I think at first, one will get it and just as quickly lose it.

Several teachers I know sometimes talk about "observing the observer" or they say, "the observer becomes the observed." I think it's just another way to talk about subject and object or me and that. If I am seeking something, say enlightenment or non-dualism or not becoming or whatever, I think in terms of what do I do to get it. I think we don't usually start with what am I doing, right here and right now, that is preventing it.

I think being an identified self is optional in every given moment. But then in life and in relationships with others and our roles and jobs we usually need to be an identified self. But then I think it could be great to turn it off when not needed and then just "be." Not be a something or a somebody.
Old 20-02-2023, 07:23 PM
Master

Quote:
is awareness seperate from the being that is without becoming? and is awareness what causes being to enter a state of becoming?
We could consider the incarnate human being as a triplicity of Being, Consciousness and personality.

Being pertains to formlessness and personality pertains to form. Consciousness is the intermediary between the two.

So Being expresses through Consciousness, and Consciousness in the worlds of form expresses through personality.

The spiritual journey is the journey of Consciousness.

When Consciousness identifies with personality and form then Consciousness experiences never-ending becoming.

When Consciousness lets go of identification with personality then Consciousness knows itself as the observer.

When Consciousness identifies with Being then Consciousness knows itself to be the limitless Self.

The spiritual journey can be seen as the transition from Consciousness identifying with form and becoming to Consciousness identifying with formlessness and Being.

Peace
Old 20-02-2023, 10:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I love your...
... and what we are.
Wow, I think it was a good question indeed! Because your answer is supremely deep and profound! You hit all the right points! thank you so much!