Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 18-02-2023, 03:58 AM
Master
Why is life always like a meaningless duality trade?

Why is life always like a duality trade. I trade the sailing of wind in return for violent waters. This is the essence of life and its duality that I cannot transcend. For every good thing I receive in the front door, another bad thing comes through the back door.

What is the point of all this, knowing all good will always be cancelled out by a new bad thing that comes with it? Even those things that come with no bad thing, over time, are replaced by bad things that come with no good thing.

What is the souls intention for choosing a life or existence of absolute duality? It makes me believe that the soul doesn't actually exist. This kind of absoluteness of duality makes me lose faith in all good things. Even in bad things. It all becomes fake. Self cancelling. Meaningless. Pointless. Illusionary.

How come no one is bothered by this? Is it just absolute denial. Or are all humans but a projection of my own consciousness. A mere play of light, with no real essence?

Everyone is aware of this duality from birth and yet no one is bothered by it. As if it is normal.

Why should we even eat? Knowing duality, the good consequencss of eating food must then also come with bad consequences. And the bad consequences of starving to death, must then also come with good consequences. It all feels so fake. And meaningless. Like an eternal illusion. Of self cancelling nature in endless of varieties.

Where is the one thing that has no opposite? How many religions have been seeking it? For how long? And when will we ever find it? If not just a good thing that lasts, followed by a bad thing that lasts. How can you even trust existence anymore, knowing the absoluteness of duality.

It is an absolute torment to know the truth and be absolutely powerless to do anything about it. Knowing the truth that there can never be found a real absolute consistent truth/identity that has no opposition to it.
Old 18-02-2023, 04:36 AM
Master

the good and bad cancel each other out, because, otherwise we would take 'good' like a hefty psychaedelic drug and overdose on it.
Old 18-02-2023, 03:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
the good and bad cancel each other out, because, otherwise we would take 'good' like a hefty psychaedelic drug and overdose on it.
If every new good thing comes with a new bad thing. Is it really good then?
Old 18-02-2023, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
...What is the point of all this, knowing all good will always be cancelled out by a new bad thing that comes with it?
Well, ol' boy, as the Brits say...if that is your belief system...than that is what will be.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-02-2023, 08:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
its duality that I cannot transcend.

As someone else posted, it is true the imagination is a powerful thing.

I have an exercise you should try. Go for a walk alone outside. (If where you live is not freezing!) While walking, pretend you are someone else. Imagine you are a different person, say somebody from 10,000 years ago who through some strange force was teleported into your body.

While walking, pretend you are this person from 10,000 years ago. You know nothing about spirituality, dualism, religion. None of the world religions or philosophies existed 10,000 years ago.

What would this world look like, feel like, to this person you are trying to see and experience this world though?

Using your imagination, try to see and experience this world as they would. Drop everything you know and think and believe. Be them! Feel what this world, this walk, would be like for them.
Old 20-02-2023, 12:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, ol' boy, as the Brits say...if that is your belief system...than that is what will be.
I have told myself so often that "all is well." Like a mantra I can use for years every day. I cannot seem to change the reality I experience of duality.
Old 20-02-2023, 12:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
As someone else...
... would be like for them.
I already often feel that way. It feels very confusing. And the amount of people are confusing aswell. haha.

thanks for the tip. you are very kind. It is nice someone wishes me a nice peaceful walk. I hope I can get more of those.