Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 18-02-2023, 04:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I think it is...
... off they are holding on.
I so wish everything you say is true. I can wish it all day long to be true.

I tell myself "THIS IS ALREADY IT. EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS RIGHT NOW PERFECT ALREADY AS IT IS!"

I want it to be true so much, that it makes me wanna cry. I feel completely hopeless.

I wish you or someone was like an angel that could make everything perfect again and never allow bad things to happen anymore. Life would be so much easier.

But such a dream does not exist. It cannot even be imagined what it would be. What cannot be imagined, doesn't exist. And all things that can be imagined, is all duality.

So perhaps I am indeed asking for the final hope. The end of me. In the hope that "me" will never return anymore. The final and absolute permanent end.

But death is not it. Then what is... Life has to be it. There is nothing else but existence. And if existence is a duality, then we are all eternally and absolutely doomed to remain in duality for all eternity. It terrifies me to the core of my bones. Because I know it is already true, but it is eternally unacceptable. Only half acceptable for all eternity. What is the point of existence then? It has to not exist. But there is no non existence. Then there has to be an escape from duality. THERE HAS TO BE. IT WOULD BE TOO CRUEL OTHERWISE. FOR ALL.
Old 18-02-2023, 05:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Thought forms, visions, arise. They keep arising. Also bodily sensations. And I am back in mind and body awareness very quickly. How can I stabilize the awareness of nothing?

contrarily, I've found that sometimes the best way to get somewhere is to wander off in the opposite direction... iow i would start by trying to make it worse, not better. If you need a reason consider this: you can't effect change to something if you don't know anything about that something... you don't know enough to know how to make it better but you do probably have an inkling about how to make it worse.... so you could at least learn something that way..

But I haven't actually tried this thing you are trying so mileage may vary...
Old 18-02-2023, 05:26 AM
Master

Quote:
"Oh but there must be a permanent solution to all of it!"

the problem is, everyone talks of permanence. But permanence is a kind of death. You did figure out though that this is about life... (that is correct in my opinion)

One of the hardest lessons for me to learn, was, I can't turn off pain. It will always be there in some form or another. But in accepting that, I was also accepting, that I no longer had to be responsible for running away from pain or trying to avoid it the way I had been taught to. And that as it turns out, was a big part of my pain so I ended up with a little less just by being realistic about my future.

there are better places, but the rub is, anyone who tries to get there finds themselves fighting with themselves... As many have decided, it is much easier just to drift into things than try to sort that out. But anyway the answer you seek lies more in what you don't do rather than in what you do. But like I said maybe you need MORE doing rather than less to be able to begin sorting out how that works.
Old 18-02-2023, 03:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
the problem is....
... how that works.
Thanks, maybe you are right. I just don't know anymore. Maybe I do need to do more. I just don't know what.
Old 18-02-2023, 04:28 PM
Re: How do I stabilize nothingness to enter pure awareness?

Or How do you stabilize Pure Awareness to enter into Nothingness...and stay there.

Practice makes perfect, I say.
Keep pluggin' away at long hours of meditation.
When you lose being in Nothingness...analyze , 'Why'....keep at it!!!!
You can do it, buddy!

**'' I've found that sometimes the best way to get somewhere is...'

I would say freaking effort....then wait for the Grace!
From my personal experience....you lay the tracks.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-02-2023, 08:12 PM
Master

Quote:
...There is nothing else but existence. And if existence is a duality, then we are all eternally and absolutely doomed to remain in duality for all eternity. ...What is the point of existence then? It has to not exist. But there is no non existence. Then there has to be an escape from duality.
Oh, Ewwerrin, you make things so complicated.

It is not about existence needing to become non-existence (which by your terms does not exist anyway).

Would it be more simple to think in terms of Being and Becoming?

Non-duality is eternal Being.

Duality is a process of continually becoming.

No amount of becoming will lead us to Being.

But Being is always present in all becoming.

Let go of the need to become anything and rest in that Being which is already present.

That which we seek is so close to us that we fail to see it. It gazes out of our eyes looking for itself. It is here, now. And yet we keep on looking for it.

Peace
Old 19-02-2023, 10:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Would it be more simple to think in terms of Being and Becoming?

I think that's a really good subject to sit down somewhere and contemplate or meditate on. Maybe asking yourself "Can I let go of trying to become something?"

Last edited by Maisy : 19-02-2023 at 08:00 PM.
Old 19-02-2023, 10:43 AM
Master

I think "Being mind" as opposed to "becoming mind" is a consciousness that no longer identifies with ego as self. There is nothing to become, just something to be.

Last edited by Maisy : 19-02-2023 at 07:59 PM.
Old 19-02-2023, 02:18 PM
Good time to repeat: Please, don't say things as fact...you can say most anything if you say,
"This is what I believe or I read that...or imo."...Things like that.
If you have a problem with that, pm me.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-02-2023, 03:10 PM
Master

Quote:
I tell myself "THIS IS ALREADY IT. EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS RIGHT NOW PERFECT ALREADY AS IT IS!"

the trick isn't to expect that suddenly everything will match some arbitrary definition you have of what would make it 'perfect'... the trick is you change your expectations in such a way as not to continue thinking it isn't good enough the way it already is. While still accepting that that will also change...