Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-01-2023, 10:22 PM
Master
Does God pick who we are?

I heard he created us so wouldn’t that mean he chose who we are?

Were we perfect in his image? Or were we always sinners?

Apart for Jesus was there any way for redemption in his eyes- because he created us?

I’m thankful for who I am? And getting to know my self through this journey includes death- to experience it and manifest my soul’s immortal heritage ..

But I find it odd he knows me before I know the self? Like my flaws and positives..

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 12-01-2023, 11:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13

jesus said there was a place being made for us (he actually said who was making it but I don't remember if he was referrning to himself or not)... there is also the question of the 'name above all names' that came up somewhere, which implies names were indeed made in advance... how could it be 'above' if no names even existed?

but none of that means life is fixed and immutable either. There is always wiggle room I think... it is like, when a person named with one name collides with a person named with another, the results aren't deterministic...
Old 13-01-2023, 08:32 AM
Master

I think the journey of a new baby to an old adult is a perfect metaphor about the journey of a soul. I would guess it was designed as such. Does a baby pick who he or she is or becomes? It's a very complicated thing.

The parents or whoever raises the child in the early years has a giant impact on who the baby becomes. If they were loved and nurtured or traumatized for example. But some children raised in the same environments become very different with vastly different futures because of who they are.

It's a combination of things. God makes the seed and each seed is unique. But then seeds grow and experience different environments. All have a impact on what they become. Then the unique nature of the seed itself will have an effect. Some seeds are strong and some week. Some perfect some flawed. But then the plants raised in difficult environments will be stronger as they had to overcome more.

God creates billions of unique glass vases. Then it is up to us what we fill ourselves with and choose to become no matter what we endure and experience. We choose what we are in every moment. To not choose is also a choice. We can be greater than our past and who we are today. Being love and light and peace no matter what is inside or outside is the highest choice.
Old 13-01-2023, 03:25 PM
Deactivated Account

I typed a very beautiful text here, but the Holy Spirit told me to delete it and said, "Jesus. Let him meet Jesus."
Old 23-01-2023, 01:18 AM
Knower

Bible says he met us before we were born and we are a part of his plan. Is it for purpose and do you know why he sent you ? I know why you struggle discover your real purpose and not that of the world. Know he told us and wanted to do something in this world for him and for a special purpose. Find yours be the person you were in heaven before he sent you and you will remember and somethimes you have to be a child again to know that secret.

For the lord said that unless you are like this children you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.Know their a secret to knowing why he sent you, start from the beginning.
Old 24-03-2023, 10:36 AM
Ascender

Certain details are fixed at birth, such as our ethnicities, and the parents we have. In that sense, the ‘who’ we are is chosen for us, but we can change it throughout our lives, with the powers of our own thoughts, words and deeds.
Old 26-03-2023, 08:05 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13

I heard he created us so wouldn’t that mean he chose who we are?

Were we perfect in his image? Or were we always sinners?

Apart for Jesus was there any way for redemption in his eyes- because he created us?

I’m thankful for who I am? And getting to know my self through this journey includes death- to experience it and manifest my soul’s immortal heritage ..

But I find it odd he knows me before I know the self? Like my flaws and positives..
Imo, generally we have free will but in many cases circumstances
are created to turn our lives in certain direction so you look for logical choices.