Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 25-09-2011, 02:15 AM
ladylight

To tell or not to tell.......that is my question

Greetings friends. I am in love with a man in my life. I do not know if he feels the same way. At times I thought I picked up vibes that he did have feelings for me that went beyond friendship, and also he has said a couple one line remarks here and there that temporarily convinced me that the feelings were mutual. But then....nothing. Nothing has come of it but my feelings are intensifying. I have been holding on to those few 1 liners and nuances that once gave me hope.

This man has been somewhat of a spiritual teacher and friend to my children and I over the past year. He is currently working with my daughter with "special needs" and has also worked with me. He is an energy worker/psychic. We started out with strictly a healer/client relationship but became friends over the year. The children and I made a trip out of state to visit him 3 times over this summer. He is coming to spend a few days with us next month. Most other interactions are over the phone/skype.

Now that I have given background info....I am trying to decide whether to share my feelings with him or not. He is really big on speaking ones truth. I do not want to do anything that would impact the work he is currently doing around my daughter's needs, so I have kept quiet. At the same time, I do not want to allow myself to hope, dream, and visualize all the time falling deeper and deeper for this guy only to be hurt deeply. I want to know. Even if the answer is not what I hope, at least then I can know where I stand, heal, and eventually move on.

So what do you think? I would love to get feedback. Thank you much!
Old 25-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Lifesclues

Men! lol! I think the only way youll know is if you ask. Perhaps he is interested but not game to say anything because you are a client and doesnt want over step his boundries or maybe he has a no client relationship rule. So many different assumptions you could make - frustrating hey! But only one way to get an answer. Are you going to be continuing to see him proffesionally for a long time? Maybe you could wait until you are not seeing him any more professionally. Or is the friendship and professional work more important to you than a relationship with him? Just a few things to think about - hope I havent made it worse!

Good luck
Old 25-09-2011, 12:13 PM
ladylight

Thank you for the response. You ask some good questions. His work with my family is quite unique. It's not as though I can go find another energy worker to pick up where he has left off. *sigh*

There is a pretty big age difference, I am 41 and he is 56. That doesn't bother me but I often wonder if it would him.

Your so right "Men!".

I think I will see how his visit goes next month when he comes here to stay for a few days. See if I get anymore vibes in a certain direction. Who knows, if I feel an opening during that time perhaps I will just ask.

For anyone into oracle cards, I have done many readings around this over the past several months (like a couple dozen). They are consistently pointing to a favorable outcome here, eternal love, etc. Although once the reading said, detach from the situation, it has some dysfunctional aspects.
Gotta love it when an absolute contradiction comes along to shake ones faith. arg! But then the readings have gone back to a more favorable outcome type message.

Perhaps I shouldn't know yet. Perhaps there is a lesson in the waiting. I wish I could just give it over to the Universe and go on with my life. I must admit at least 90% of my day is consumed with thoughts of him. I'm driving myself crazy. lol.

Anyhow, thanks for "listening". If anyone else feels so inclined to share their thoughts, it would be fun to hear them Thanks a bunch!

love & light
Old 25-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylight
Greetings friends. I am in love with a man in my life. I do not know if he feels the same way. At times I thought I picked up vibes that he did have feelings for me that went beyond friendship, and also he has said a couple one line remarks here and there that temporarily convinced me that the feelings were mutual. But then....nothing. Nothing has come of it but my feelings are intensifying. I have been holding on to those few 1 liners and nuances that once gave me hope.

This man has been somewhat of a spiritual teacher and friend to my children and I over the past year. He is currently working with my daughter with "special needs" and has also worked with me. He is an energy worker/psychic. We started out with strictly a healer/client relationship but became friends over the year. The children and I made a trip out of state to visit him 3 times over this summer. He is coming to spend a few days with us next month. Most other interactions are over the phone/skype.

Now that I have given background info....I am trying to decide whether to share my feelings with him or not. He is really big on speaking ones truth. I do not want to do anything that would impact the work he is currently doing around my daughter's needs, so I have kept quiet. At the same time, I do not want to allow myself to hope, dream, and visualize all the time falling deeper and deeper for this guy only to be hurt deeply. I want to know. Even if the answer is not what I hope, at least then I can know where I stand, heal, and eventually move on.

So what do you think? I would love to get feedback. Thank you much!

I say yes, tell him. The most he could say is "No I don't feel the same way." Not a big deal unless you let it be.
Old 25-09-2011, 02:33 PM
ladylight

It would be a big deal to me, but I would work through that as personal inner work. I would not let it become a big deal outwardly. It would be good to know, either way.

Thanks Laura for taking the time to share your thoughts!
Old 25-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Medium_Laura

I think holding back on your feelings is short changing yourself. It steeps you in worry. I am so straight-forward now, because I realize LIFE IS TOO SHORT not to share your feelings with others. :)

While rejection is difficult, it also helps you to move on. :) He can still help your kids and you can stop thinking of him 12x a day and find another love interest :)
Old 25-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Laura

You must be dealing with so much, having him on your mind all the time. I know how that feels. :)

I'm just here to offer my two cents. If you ever decide to share your feelings with him, but are still scared that it would ruin the healer/client relationship - well, a lot depends on how you share your feelings with him. If you come off too strongly, that can scare anyone away. You can always go for a more delicate approach.

I've heard of someone trying out something like this: "Hey, you were in my dream this morning. We were out buying groceries/slaying dragons/traveling to Spain when I realized we were actually together, as a couple. Strange dream, right? What do you think?"

This kind of approach is not as straightforward with your feelings, but it is a lot easier to say, and it's a good way to test the waters. When you say it, towards the end, look him in the eye and ask the last question seriously. So he knows it's a serious question.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck! My heart goes out to you!
Old 25-09-2011, 03:22 PM
ladylight

"steeped in worry"....is absolutely right Laura. I keep releasing the worry into the light and transmuting the negative energies, which I believe I open myself up to, by spending so much time worrying. It is endless though. I am needing to do this many, many times per day.

I am thinking you are right. I will tell him. Not over the phone or on skype though. I will wait until he comes to visit or we go out there, whichever comes first.

I also think the other Laura had a good point. I think I will go easy with the wording. I am a bit more direct then the dream scenerio she posted but she had a valid point about how going overboard could scare him off.

I will not say I am in love with him. But maybe clearly and directly let him know my feelings have evolved beyond friendship and it would be helpful to know if I should nip this in the bud now or is it safe to entertain thoughts of "more to come". Thanks ladies for the support and shared opinions.
Old 25-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Medium_Laura

anytime :) Let us know how it goes ! :)
Old 25-09-2011, 03:40 PM
ladylight

I will certainly do that. Have a great day!