Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 20-12-2020, 03:57 AM
UncleJoe

Thanks but not for me. Meat (red meat) chips and beer. You are correct 100% though but i am not paying $30 for 'Ghirardelli chocolate' :) ;) i buy the 50p chocy
Old 20-12-2020, 01:40 PM
Pathfinder

I had a gallbladder op this year as well, that also changed things greatly for me down there. It could be physical as well, requiring medical care.
Old 27-12-2020, 08:02 PM
AbodhiSky

thanks for thread lots of good info in here!
Old 07-02-2021, 07:54 AM
Master
Very interesting. My diet is very rich in dark chocolate cocoa, potatoes, and beans. Rarely do i go a day without eating any of those three. I'm sure exercise helps too. So i guess i just keep doing what i'm doing.
Old 20-06-2021, 01:38 PM
Pathfinder
Thanks for sharing the experiences. Will give a try when I reach my 60's for sure. Will suggest anyone having these issues as well.

Great DIY idea
Old 23-06-2021, 11:51 PM
Master
A couple weeks ago I bought some chocolate from Mom's Organic Market. When I got home I was surprised that it was unsweetened. It wasn't as bitter as some other unsweetened chocolate I ate before. I think it was dark chocolate, but will have to check next time I'm at the store.
Old 29-06-2021, 03:15 PM
Master
I was at Mom's Organic Market today. I forgot what chocolate I got before so I got 3.2 oz of Chocolove Strong Dark Chocolate and 3.2 oz of Chocolove Extra Strong Dark Chocolate. Both were $2.99 each. They appear to be sweatened. They were the least expensive dark chocolate they had.
Old 30-05-2022, 04:51 PM
Master
One potential problem with dark chocolate is that it has a lot more theobromine in it compared to milk chocolate. I've been taking my blood pressure regularly, usually a couple times a day. Some times its high and I've been trying to think of what made it high. After buying dark chocolate regularly, I started eating more and more of it at a time. I think maybe this was what was doing it. Also, I had a sinus and lung infection last week and that might have had some effect. I also was spraying dilute Lugols solution into my nostrils which I found to be highly effective for sinus infections. This time, I used a higher concentration of Lugols solution and I'm wondering if I got some kind of iodine poisoning. Too much iodine can cause hyperthyroidism, too. I also drink green tea and sometimes coffee, too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theobromine

Quote:
The dark chocolate effects are so acute for canines, that the alkaloid has been tested with some success as a means of controlling coyote populations.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carmend...h=c35978259fc4

Also see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theophylline
Old 31-05-2022, 12:06 PM
Master
If someone has a problem with it, try Chaga, just make sure it is a high quality
product.
Old 03-03-2023, 08:44 PM
Master
I found this recently:

Quote:
Theobromine is a stimulant frequently confused with caffeine. Theobromine affects humans similarly to caffeine, but on a much smaller scale. Theobromine is mildly diuretic (increases urine production), is a mild stimulant, and relaxes the smooth muscles of the bronchi in the lungs. In the human body, theobromine levels are halved between 6-10 hours after consumption. Because of its ability to dilate blood vessels, theobromine also has been used to treat high blood pressure. Theobromine has very different effects on the human body from caffeine; it is a mild, lasting stimulant with a mood improving effect, whereas caffeine has a strong, immediate effect and increases stress. A normal portion of chocolate exhibits psychopharmacological activity.

https://www.scienceofcooking.com/cho...-chocolate.htm

I found that if I eat a lot of Lidl dark chocolate that I tend to feel wide awake like I took a stimulant and my blood pressure goes up. It might have a lot of caffiene in it. I also found that if I eat Pascha dark chocolate chips (heated in a bowl and mixed with stevia or honey and cooled) it doesn't seem to raise my blood pressure.