Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-08-2021, 08:13 AM
Master

Hi Antoine,

Like US mentioned, there are strains of Tantra, where the opposite view is taken to what Sri Yukteshwar mentioned in the quote earlier. Sexuality is seen as a tool that can be used to achieve liberation, rather than a hindrance that must be eliminated, though it has to be done in a very particular way. It is the same with eating meat and drinking alcohol which are avoided by mainstream, Right Hand Path renunciates, but embraced by Aghoris when done in a ritualistic fashion and with the right mindset.

To me, the Garden of Eden story is a myth about the fall of man as well, but not in the sense that Sri Yukteshwar suggests.

I take the gnostic view, that the Demiurge, Yadalbaoth, who is analogous to Yahweh, stopped man from reaching their true potential, by banishing the serpent, Kundalini, to crawl on the ground.

Previously, the serpent was risen and it was about to give Adam and Eve (a symbol of duality in the body) the gifts of immortality, but was stopped from doing so, lest they become "as the gods", not knowing old age and death.

They already received the fruit of knowing good and evil, so the innocence of childhood (in the spiritual sense) was lifted from their eyes and they became aware of their sexuality and ashamed of their nakedness. Yadalbaoth stopped them from also gaining eternal life, or godhood, by banishing the serpent to "crawl on the ground", that is, the Kundalini force, which has the capacity to give godhood to any human, was deactivated and made to sleep and stay dormant in all humans.

By reactivating this sleeping power, humans may once again eat of the fruit of the tree of life, which is the soma / amrita we often talk about here, the nectar of immortality.

In classical depictions of the Garden of Eden story, you usually see the serpent wrapped around the tree of life, in the manner of Kundalini wrapping itself around the spine, so the metaphor there is unmistakable. On either side stand Adam and Eve, symbolic of the Dualism of Nature and Man. In Energetic terms, Ida and Pingala serve the same purpose, whilst in cosmic terms, it is Shiva and Shakti.

The sexual references towards the union of Adam and Eve, are an energetic reference, the Union of Adam and Eve, is a union of all dualities, which is, as we know is highly sexual and orgasmic in nature.

That is my best guess as to the meaning of the Adam and Eve story, but there might be countless other interpretations of course. I often wonder if the Serpent and Tree of Life in Genesis, doesn't in fact come from the Sumerian Epic of Inana and The Huluppu Tree, which seems to have similar themes.
Old 21-08-2021, 11:25 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Hi Antoine,

The sexual references towards the union of Adam and Eve, are an energetic reference, the Union of Adam and Eve, is a union of all dualities, which is, as we know is highly sexual and orgasmic in nature.

It is my experience also, the union of duality can be orgasmic as it become more ecstatic as they unite, to finally become Bliss when they are almost totally reunited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Hi Antoine,
That is my best guess as to the meaning of the Adam and Eve story, but there might be countless other interpretations of course. I often wonder if the Serpent and Tree of Life in Genesis, doesn't in fact come from the Sumerian Epic of Inana and The Huluppu Tree, which seems to have similar themes.

I believe that the story in the Bible was changed, so that people come to think that they can only have salvation in the Temples of the church. Keeping them away from discovering that the Real temple is the body within them.

Antoine
Old 22-08-2021, 02:32 PM
Legrand

"Are you master even of a single breath?"

AnandaMayi Ma

How advanced we may be in the process of spiritual development, when kundalini awakes in one body, the ego owner of this body very soon realize that he is not the master even of this body as the serpent or shakti goes up.

To me the kundalini process compared to other process of realisation, that often only open the crown chakra, puts us in relation, helps us to identify, with who or what is the Real Master of Everything and Nothing.

The three essential vertical path to complete this infinite realisation of merging completely with the Master are to me represented in the center path of the Tree of Life in the Cabbalist approach. I did not mention those three steps in my study of the Tree of Life which officially ends today, for it is more linked to the process of Kundalini at an individual level then that of the serpent path on the Tree at a cosmic level. It is why I post this here in this tread.

I have not mentioned the role of the 22 paths in the World of Atziluth. But all four Worlds confounded, they are three essential paths, if one is to relate the Tree of Life to Kundalini at the human body level.

Those three paths or cards make the central path or the central pillar and would resume the Kundalini process as such:

1- You have the path, ATU XIV Temperance or Art, between the sexual chakra, the Moon, Yesod and the heart chakra, the Sun, Tiphareth. It is the first process of Kundalini where Shakti and Shiva mix together.

2- Then you have the path, ATU II The High Priestess or Priestess, between the Heart and the Crown chakra, Kether, where the crown is finally pierced. It is the second process of Kundalini. The high Priestess holds the book of all knowledge of this world, and this knowledge can be downloaded into the Heart chakra. This download into the Heart chakra may be felt as nectar.

3- Finally you have the path, ATU XXI The World or The Universe, between the sexual chakra and the Earth chakra, the 3D world, Malkhut, that is situated just under our feet. This chakra is not developed yet in most people. It is the final work to be done as livings, to allow the Heart chakra and the Crown chakra to directly manifest in this 3D Wolrd, so that Bellow becomes as Above and Above as Bellow.

All other paths on the Tree of Life, that are not on the central path, are just distractions compared to those three central paths.

Antoine
Old 22-08-2021, 03:27 PM
Master
Wow, NoOne & Legrand! I confess these profound insights are beyond my pay grade!

A thought … just as the eye of the hurricane is still …. our spiritual heart too, throbs in dynamic stillness, delighted at the play!
Old 22-08-2021, 03:40 PM
Legrand

US,

This last post ends a study I made of a system of thoughts created by humans to try to understand this world, as it was tough to me years ago. It does not mean it is Reality, like all other systems of thoughts created by the human mind.

Like NoOne was, I am an Atheist,

As I say in my profile: "No beliefs, only direct experience" mean something to this ego body typing these words.

Antoine
Old 22-08-2021, 04:09 PM
Master
@ Legrand … Agnostic or Atheist? :)
Old 22-08-2021, 06:53 PM
Legrand

US,

If we take the definition in the dictionary of Agnostic or Atheist, I am neither of them

Both believe in something and stick to their beliefs.

An agnostic claims that nothing can be known of the Exitence of God. If experimenting God is as form of knowledge I cannot claim such a thing anymore.

The atheist is said to be a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods. I do not disbelief in anything. If I do not experiment something it does not mean that it cannot be experimented or that it does not exist.

I am neither an empiricist, a person who supports the theory that all knowledge is based on experience derived from the senses. Experience is not tied to only to the five senses to me.

Maybe better words to describe what I am would be a fool, or a new born baby that is born in this world.

But I can say that I find words to be such a limited way to express what one can experiment directly.

Antoine
Old 23-08-2021, 01:46 AM
Master
Legrand … just pulling your leg!

The omnipresent power of the Absolute is so overwhelming that after a certain point it suffuses each aspect of our awareness, as we be to become essence of Presence.
Old 23-08-2021, 05:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
I can say that I find words to be such a limited way to express what one can experiment directly
I agree. As far as thought construct beliefs go, they are just that … thoughts. Religions do serve a purpose, as a prop, a crutch, to start with. Then it becomes an impediment.

In my own case, looking back, no religious belief was imposed on me. I was born in a Hindu family, educated in a Christian school and drawn to Buddhist cessation ‘path’. Yet, what manifest within was blissful energy renewing rapture without end, without any ‘doing’ on my part. So that’s the direct experience. Unshakable. Resident, in permanence.

I wouldn’t know how it works for others but apparently, it would appear that the arousal of magnetic electricity within is inescapable, being a foundation for further work. Each peak, a trough as new heights come into view.
Old 23-08-2021, 06:47 AM
Master

Hey US,

My condolences…

I also went to an all boys Catholic School in India, it was the St Paul’s Matriculation, Higher and Secondary School in Neyveli. Our principal was a catholic priest called Father Francis and he had a collection of different sized sticks and rods, with which he used to beat us with. We had no trouble with motivation…

Catholic schools in general, but it seems especially in India, are like going through basic military training for the marines, they’re really tough psychologically.

Hey Antoine,

Enjoying your musings, even if they are a bit above my paygrade. I’m not an atheist actually, I only used to be. I don’t think you are either, because you believe in the existence of gods, that’s a big no-no for atheism. Technically, if you believe that gods are real, you are a theist of some sort (a polytheist most likely), though why quibble about definitions?