Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-03-2023, 08:59 PM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

My husband just made a new account. He wants to join the forums too. The username is ghost walker he said.
Old 11-03-2023, 01:39 AM
Master
Some time ago I had my genealogy done as well at a popular website, sent them some of my salvia. It was very revealing and even more revealing was that on that website I met literally dozens of people who were related to me who I did not know; we had family connections, and most were 3rd or 4th cousins. I also discovered that I have a half brother, my fathers child who is living in Korea, which my mother nor anyone else knew about. My father was a soldier in the Korean War and he had passed by the time I found all of this out. I believe that we are all spiritually related and genealogy can reveal our physical blood relations with others, as well as our country of origin. I was born and raised in the U.S. but my stated DNA country of origin is predominantly Belgium.
Old 11-03-2023, 03:34 AM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Some time ago I had my genealogy done as well at a popular website, sent them some of my salvia. It was very revealing and even more revealing was that on that website I met literally dozens of people who were related to me who I did not know; we had family connections, and most were 3rd or 4th cousins. I also discovered that I have a half brother, my fathers child who is living in Korea, which my mother nor anyone else knew about. My father was a soldier in the Korean War and he had passed by the time I found all of this out. I believe that we are all spiritually related and genealogy can reveal our physical blood relations with others, as well as our country of origin. I was born and raised in the U.S. but my stated DNA country of origin is predominantly Belgium.

What a beautiful experience. Thank you for sharing.

I've been looking at music and articles. I found a cool Siberian band called Otyken. Not sure if anyone has heard of it? Maybe when we settle down from our big move to the States I'll take a at home DNA test to find relatives. My husband has a huge beautiful family in Manitoba. But on my side, I don't even have 1st cousins. I do have a twin brother, I'm not alone when it comes to blood ties. I love my Manitoban family. They adopted me. I'm very blessed. Thankful for how everything is going for us right now. We were traveling around the States past few months and wound up doing our DNA tests in a lab in Phoenix, Arizona. It took 30 business days. They sent us links to the results but it shows our names that's why I'm not posting the links.

I'm planning on still marking myself as Caucasian in the census because I look so fair. My brother is a bit tan. I'm trying to comprehend my background. Do the Finnish normally have Siberian/Mongolian ancestry? I'm reading mixed info online?

And also reading topics of White American's finding out they have an African ancestor from DNA results. Cause it goes back 10 generations. I wonder how common that is as well for America? I know it's a tough topic to talk about what it leads to. Slavery, genocide, etc.

And then I'm reading about how Siberians are closely related to Native Americans? Still a distinct difference.

Should I read about my Arab/East Indian ancestry or is that just tied to the Finnish/Siberian ancestry as well???

I don't consider myself a medium because I don't have control over my experiences. But I have had spiritual dreams/obes/felt spirit (not see but deeply felt their being)/visions/channeling (actually heard voices) experiences throughout my life since I was a teenager. Which also made me wonder about my ancestral ties. I do believe in the afterlife. I have had enough experiences where I've seen and felt spirit. It's also how I met my husband. He's really cool and very gifted which is likely due to his ancestral Cree ties.

Feel free to share any stories, experiences and your views on all this. Jokes are welcomed here!

I did post my husband's DNA results too. He wanted to prove his German ancestry as a joke with the family. We both were so curious when we did it. He's got quite the mix too.

You've all been so nice and accepting of all this so far. Thank you for understanding. Much appreciated.
Old 11-03-2023, 08:17 AM
Master

Hii SouthernFeather,

I actually don’t fully accept my medium side. I always have spirits around me, and some people think it’s mentally ill. But I know it’s real. My mother doesn’t accept it, but my father is a medium too. It’s not suited for a job tho. These medium abilities I have are for survival, of me and my loved ones. They give me the ability to know when to check in to someone or stay away. Which people I can trust. When a problem is serious.. etc…

can give readings but I’m insecure about it.

Kind regards,

CW
Old 11-03-2023, 09:16 AM
Master
Every time I hear about this it's coming from America. I guess you become more curious about it because you just know your ancestors were from another continent. If I were to do this test I'd get boring results I think.
Old 11-03-2023, 11:09 AM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
Hii SouthernFeather,

I actually don’t fully accept my medium side. I always have spirits around me, and some people think it’s mentally ill. But I know it’s real. My mother doesn’t accept it, but my father is a medium too. It’s not suited for a job tho. These medium abilities I have are for survival, of me and my loved ones. They give me the ability to know when to check in to someone or stay away. Which people I can trust. When a problem is serious.. etc…

can give readings but I’m insecure about it.

Kind regards,

CW

Thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Every time I hear about this it's coming from America. I guess you become more curious about it because you just know your ancestors were from another continent. If I were to do this test I'd get boring results I think.

That's one way to look at it.
Old 11-03-2023, 11:56 AM
Master

Hey this sounds fascinating!

Can someone tell me how ya go about getting this done.

I know my ancestors were all Romany’s so I feel it might be real interesting.

Thanks.
Old 11-03-2023, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12

Thanks.

Ancestry have offers constantly, have a look on the Website....
Old 11-03-2023, 02:42 PM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12

Thanks.

There are at home kits ancestry kits. We did ours in a lab though. I might do a retake from a at home one when we settle down in the States to find close relatives from what starman said. Maybe I have distant cousins somewhere? I think that'd be so cool too.
Old 11-03-2023, 06:56 PM
Master
Redchic12, I went to ancestry.com and paid a fee, they sent me a home kit for collecting my salvia, and you mail that back to them. The advantage of Ancestry.com is that they post the results in your online account; the account is free, and you can print the results from your ancestry account.

There are lots of people who use ancestry, thousands or maybe even millions, and they link you with other ancestry account members who also sent in saliva that may be related to you. They also provide maps showing the journey your particular DNA has taken, and they have lots of tools for members to do genealogy research, like getting various records of great, great grandparents and other pass relatives, etc.

There are lots of people on ancestry.com who had been adopted and are trying to locate information about their past. It amazed me how many people on ancestry were related to me, and I spoke with a lot of them via the ancestry link that was provided. A couple of them knew some of my first cousins who I had associated with. I was able to put together a pretty good family tree that went back many generations using ancestry.com. Review the website before you proceed to see if it appeals to you.