Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 06-02-2024, 06:25 AM
Seeker

Questions about obsidian, tourmaline & other protective crystals

Hi all. I just had a question about my obsidian and black tourmaline stones for anyone who might know how they really work. I've noticed that after I've programmed my obsidian & black tourmaline crystals, when I'm nearby, or I pass certain people, who I feel may have a negative energy on them, or just don't like me, I instantly feel an intense negative feeling from them. Is this normal? Does this mean that my obsidians & tourmalines are working? It feels like sometimes they don't work because while I'm wearing them, I still feel an individual's negative energy in my auric field for what seems to go on for minutes or even hours. I cleanse and charge my crystals weekly too with Selenite, so I don't just leave them to collect. Plus I also wear rose quartz & citrine on me to attract positive energy towards me.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? And to anyone that answers my question, I thank you so much in advanced. I really appreciate your help & guidance as this gets really confusing navigating which crystals are the best ones for me. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2024, 09:46 AM
Experiencer
You may be an empath (more or less). Over the years I learn that is rather best not to get your psyche too much into overthinking about worry of negative energy. Is best to be aware and act accordingly as you see fit even if sometimes means just to mind your own business, rather than worry excessively that all the negative energies of others are going to leech up on you, that worry is what makes it sticky actually.

Black Obsidian at first can suck all the negative energy from you, it works rather quickly, as it feels as if you can dump anything into that 'void'. But, its reflective characteristics also brings about another of is highest qualities, it will reflect you back the reasons and nature of that negative energy it sucked from you. After a time or some time after Obsidian takes away the negative energy from you, you will feel it returning but now in the same manner, instead in a way that makes you think about the causes and train of actions and train of thoughts that lead to those problems/negative energies. Obsidian is a great teacher, if you have the guts to work with it long term it will change your life, to put it in other words, it is as that parent that may be seem a little straightforward and harsh but still loves you, but its lessons are no bull****, going straight to the core root of the issue.

Therefor the fact that you feel an intense negative feeling from them, perhaps is the Obsidian pointing some personal thing about you, your surroundings, and them.

As for Tourmaline, in my opinion it does the trick sometimes, takes negative energy and sometimes even transmutes it into positive. It can be quite useful, sure. Though Obsidian has some other properties that goes with giving you lessons as well.
Old 06-02-2024, 10:05 AM
Master
In order to get rid of negativity black tourmaline absorbs it.
Might not be the best option in that sense.
If you don't want things to come into your aura, the best option is always labradorite.

Obsidian is very powerful but works on getting to the truth and it'll draw up deep, hidden emotions inside of you so they can be transmuted.
It also works as a mirror so you can find out who you are and what you stand for.
That's why this stone is too much of a good thing for many people. It seriously isn't for the faint of heart.

The mirroring could be what's happening when you see/meet other people. That won't feel nice, even though it can be part of personal growth.
As said, obsidian isn't for everyone!
You may be better of leaving it in your home to work on things there and in your field but from greater distance.

Go for labradorite. If you have a lot of conflict around you make sure it's a larger piece, not a 1x1cm as that would be way too small.

Cleanse the tourmaline thoroughly as it absorbs negativity. Best is to stick it in vinegar for 12 hrs. That's right, vinegar. The type you can use in salads.
It is the only crystal in the world that can be put in vinegar and cleansed this way. After 12 hrs, rinse it off thoroughly, let dry, and it's brand new, discharged, shines like never before.
It'll be a much better cleanse than on selenite for this crystal.