Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure

Old 02-12-2022, 12:39 AM
Master

Acupuncture for headaches

Hi all, have you had acupuncture for chronic headaches? If so, was it successful? My headaches are strange. I get head pain when I sit, lie down or standing. I have had severe headaches for many months. I have had a lot of blood tests and scans. All the tests and scans shows everything is normal. There is nothing wrong with my neck or back. I had physiotherapy but it did not do any good. I saw the best headache neurologist in Australia and she does not know why I get headaches. She was not able to help me. Medication for headaches does not help me. I have tried everything with medication. I have not had covid or the flue. I had my first acupuncture session yesterday and my headaches seems to be improved. I have another appointment in a weeks time.
Old 02-12-2022, 04:46 AM
Master
I had acupuncture treatments for migraines and it worked very well. I think you have to find a skilled practitoner

I hope you find relief.
Old 02-12-2022, 07:59 AM
Master
Have you tried keeping a diary for a few months listing all the food and drink your having.... Two members of my Family had your problems including pain, aura, visual disturbance, partial paralysis and vomiting, really nasty symptoms. This went on for years until I suggested using a diary, success It was Citrus fruits. They are both cured, thankfully.
You can also try and see if it's a certain Perfume your using (If you do), there are some that affect me
as they are full of Chemicals although they do smell nice. Hope you get some relief.....
Old 03-12-2022, 09:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
I had acupuncture treatments for migraines and it worked very well.
Thank you Anala. It is good to hear that it has worked for you. I have my second acupuncture appointment o Thursday. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:52 PM
Master

Thank you for your suggestions sky. They are very good suggestions and I would not have thought of them. I only drink coffee, milk, tea and water. I have one or two weak coffees a day. I have not used perfumes for years. My neurologist and doctor did not mention it could be food. I only have home cooked meals as I have coeliac disease. I make my own bread as the gluten free bread is expensive and it does not taste good. It is OK toasted. I am glad two members of your family was cured. Having to live with headaches every day is terrible. I feel for people that have pain that will never go away. It is not much of a life. The neurologist prescribed me galcanazumab that I inject myself. I use it once a month in my upper legs. It hurt a lot. In 3 months time I will know if it will work. If that fails the neurologist suggested botox. I am not keen to try botox. I do not want to try it but my family does. Then she suggested if that fails she will use diversion strategies. I did not say anything but I felt irritated. I do diversion strategies now. I am looking forward to Thursday having acupuncture. Having acupuncture only hurt a tiny bit with the needles.
Old 15-12-2022, 09:33 PM
Master

Yesterday I had my third acupuncture treatment. My head pain is still there but it is getting less. My head pain was all over my head, forehead, behind my eyes and nose. On Tuesday I have another treatment. I am counting the days to go by because it is terrible to have bad pain. I am looking forward getting my life back. Sleeping is hard because of the pain. I can definitely see an improvement but it takes time.
Old 30-12-2022, 08:56 PM
Master

I have stopped my acupuncture. I am reasonably confident I know the reason for my head pain. It is the medication I am on. It is not for headaches. It is for something else. I noticed it is a lot worse after I have taken my once a week tablet. I am not able to stop the medication yet as I have to wait to get a different medication.
Old 31-12-2022, 03:54 PM
Master
astralsuzy,

I am glad you found another avenue to try. Wishing you to best as you sort out a solution.