Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-03-2023, 08:54 PM
Master
Redchic12, here in the U.S. caregivers do have some protections. We have something called “The Good Samaritan Law,” which may protect some caregivers, but I used to teach counselors to stay within their training. As long as you don’t go above what your license permits, which is called “malpractice,” or don’t go below what your license permits, which is called negligence, you are pretty much okay. Caring for people can be very stressful. I used to tell my students, you need to have a very strong stress program for yourself if you are going to be working with other people’s stress.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I guess you could say it’s the wisdom of one’s own learning..

yeah red embers alluded to this too :) One of the things i guess i realized early on that people learn from more than just words and absolutely, the only thing I could do that wasn't entirely hypocritical was just try to be myself as best I can, otherwise if i'm teachnig stuff I'm just back to square one, teaching everyone to try to be hypocritical some more...
Old 02-03-2023, 09:13 PM
Master
In my opinion we are all teachers and we are all students, caring for each other.
The worst behavior among us has something to offer; we can learn from anyone
or anything and use it for intrinsic growth. I am sure I learned more from my
students and patients then they learned from me.

Taking a computer break for awhile..........
Old 02-03-2023, 10:26 PM
Master
Reading through these responses, the doing and non doing tie very much into self care as I’ve learned. When to step into something or not. I think people who have a natural giving essence really do need to learn the art of doing and non doing. We are so used to our own patterns of care, that once you start undoing these attached conditioned ways, you really do see that your over indulging in your doing, you begin to see why this creates imbalances in you and the world around you. ‘we are all in this together’ so learning, life itself serves things, where you stop doing and let other ways and people do.

It’s not until you stop, slow right down, listen to how that all feels, that you begin to see these patterns. Non doing instills change, patience, undoings in ways your avoiding in your doing. It moves you differently. Sometimes just because we ‘SEE’ and sense what needs to be done, it may not be our role in life to do. Just maybe we are meant to learn something else in this seeing/sense of life around you. Just maybe we are meant to move and act differently?

I’m not speaking about wilful neglect, more mindful discernment, which can only open when you practice non doing. When you listen differently, when you pay attention to things, the outward doing/giving self has been to busy to notice.

One thing I’ve had to really learn is ‘slowing right down’ in this life, it’s the only way to navigate yourself in a chaotic world. How I move, listen and act is dependent upon how much I’m listening too, in myself. How much of me I’m noticing.

The being self or true self, really does function through a totality of balanced emptiness, where nothing in you is attached at the core. If your still holding onto the old you, these care roles will continue to play out. From a state of grounded being, you move more mindfully aware of what all of you is signalling as a bigger picture around you. Things open naturally, there is no need to chase after or control.

And as I’ve learned, that’s a whole new story..
Old 03-03-2023, 02:30 PM
Master

Re care

Great comments Starman and JustBe

JustBe: You state “It’s not until you stop, slow right down, listen to how that all feels, that you begin to see these patterns. Non doing instills change, patience”

Yes I’ve found this to be very true.

Whilst I was going thru this horrific court case I decided that this situation was karmic and the quicker I accepted that the better. So I decided to send the perpetrators light and love on a regular basis and instead of blaming them I decided to look at where I had actually gone wrong. Stopping and slowing down certainly did help me to see this quite clearly.

I realised that I had been over responsible and needed to learn discernment. I also needed to let others know where my boundaries were (perhaps myself as well) lol. Once I started doing that in my life things changed for the better.

So all in all I came out of a very traumatic four year court case without any bitterness and reasonably well balanced. So I feel quite proud of myself.