Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-02-2023, 09:35 PM
Administrator
I have to agree with Redchic

Namaste
Old 26-02-2023, 10:23 PM
Master
Having interest is forming a connection with something or someone, and while on a conscious spiritual path we may have unconditional positive regard for others, but many do become more discriminating seeking only those people and things that nurture their path.

I often look at those who have such shortcomings with compassion, as I was once there more then now myself. Now I realize that no matter what I am saying or to whom I am saying it to, I am talking to myself, even though I may be saying it to someone else, things that I just may embrace in mind only. It is a form of not being honest with your self.

It often starts out as a vague belief, then it may evolve into a strong belief, at which point it may merit an alignment with real world behaviors. Some people never make that leap to incorporating behaviors that correspond with their beliefs. It can be very confusing to keep saying one thing but act differently then you speak, and there is no telling how a persons’ thinking may play in all of this.
Old 26-02-2023, 11:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
Mostly jealousy and the feeling of having to compete. Those are things I like to be free of.

As you identified those, you might want to trace back the root causes, the beliefs that are behind those emotions.

I don't know anything about you, so I might be way off, but pairing "jealousy" with "not wanting to compete", to me, points to lack of confidence in yourself, in what you can do, in your worthiness. Those hold you back, and you can overcome them. Whatever is behind them isn't a reality, but your beliefs about you and about others, and beliefs can be changed.

There are various ways of altering the belief by substituting its opposite. One particular method is three-pronged. You generate the emotion opposite the one that arises from the belief you want to change, and you turn your imagination in the opposite direction from the one dictated by the belief. At the same time you consciously assure yourself that the unsatisfactory belief is an idea about reality and not an aspect of reality itself.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.