Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 04-06-2020, 07:27 PM
Seeker

Positive Affirmations

Hello
I have read and heard many things about Positive affirmations and the law of attraction. But I have one question. If I want to make an affirmation to help cure the coronavirus in the world, should I mention the disease on the affirmation, or just talk about good health. An example would be thank you lord for curing the coronavirus in the world vs thank you for blessing the world with good health.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:39 PM
Master

You can't "help cure the coronavirus in the world". You can only avoid it for yourself.

Don't mention the disease, just your good health.

Don't worry at all about the disease neither for you, nor for others.

This is how things work:
"A generation that hates war will not bring peace. A generation that loves peace will bring peace."
—Seth Speaks Chapter 12: Session 550, September 28, 1970"
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:42 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You can't "help cure the coronavirus in the world". You can only avoid it for yourself.

Don't mention the disease, just your good health.

Don't worry at all about the disease neither for you, nor for others.

This is how things work:
"A generation that hates war will not bring peace. A generation that loves peace will bring peace."
Thank you inavalan. Take care
Old 07-06-2020, 08:21 PM
Knower
I would love to think the passion, intention and energy put into the affirmation matters more than being "correct" with the wordage. <3 :)

After all, to attract positivity is to be least negative and worrisome over said affirmation. Imho, the feeling, attention, and energy is far more potent attraction than limiting ourselves to words, language barriers and/or over-'thinking' it. ;)
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and… bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.- Doctor Who ; Vincent and the Doctor
Old 07-06-2020, 08:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikuX
I would love to think the passion, intention and energy put into the affirmation matters more than being "correct" with the wordage. <3 :)

After all, to attract positivity is to be least negative and worrisome over said affirmation. Imho, the feeling, attention, and energy is far more potent attraction than limiting ourselves to words, language barriers and/or over-'thinking' it. ;)
I agree. Clarity & intensity of thought matter. Surely, words don't. Also, it matters what you think and feel all the time, not only while you do a formal affirmation. Your subconscious beliefs matter the most and they are the most difficult to change
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:40 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikuX
No, the aim of affirmation is to drill it into your 'subconscious'. Getting the wording right is vital for the affirmer to avoid unintentionally getting a different intent into their 'subconscious'. (It becomes very important in more advanced occult usage.)
"positive affirmation" seems a tautology. I can't think anyone would want to practice negative affirmation. What's negative and positive is different to different people obviously but that aside it's about a change you want/need to make to yourself.
Even making small but permanent changes can take months of affirmation. Then again it could happen swiftly...all depends what you want to be/do and how equipped you are to achieve it.

Don't fall for some of the wishy-washy stuff you read here. You can't change the world with affirmation but you could do something for yourself that might help you contribute to changing the world into what you see it becoming. As Ghandi said, be the change you want to see. And that's what someone's affirmation should be about: being the change.

Quote:
Best not to confuse LoA with affirmation. They're different. If someone wants to be attractive or attract something they must include appropriate visualisation exercises along with the determination.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
No, the aim of affirmation is to drill it into your 'subconscious'. Getting the wording right is vital for the affirmer to avoid unintentionally getting a different intent into their 'subconscious'. (It becomes very important in more advanced occult usage.)
"positive affirmation" seems a tautology. I can't think anyone would want to practice negative affirmation. What's negative and positive is different to different people obviously but that aside it's about a change you want/need to make to yourself.
Even making small but permanent changes can take months of affirmation. Then again it could happen swiftly...all depends what you want to be/do and how equipped you are to achieve it.

Don't fall for some of the wishy-washy stuff you read here. You can't change the world with affirmation but you could do something for yourself that might help you contribute to changing the world into what you see it becoming. As Ghandi said, be the change you want to see. And that's what someone's affirmation should be about: being the change.

Best not to confuse LoA with affirmation. They're different. If someone wants to be attractive or attract something they must include appropriate visualisation exercises along with the determination.
I won't argue, but your post's tone forces me to state it: I disagree with most of your post; it is full of inaccuracies.
Old 09-06-2020, 10:48 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:

Old 09-06-2020, 12:37 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
I won't argue, but your post's tone forces me to state it: I disagree with most of your post; it is full of inaccuracies.
Don't blame you. Since I learned that people can change user names here without a trail of name history, I don't know who I'm addressing other than the immediate user name. So my tone is more bureaucratic than it once was.
I refuse to offer a socially desirable response in favour of the one that most honestly reflects my views - a cardinal principle of mine here. Maybe I'll change my ID to wysiwyg.

If you wish to believe some of the bunk I read here on things like affirmation that's your business. It's a forum.
Old 16-06-2020, 08:54 AM
Newbie ;)

The affirmation with "curing coronavirus" covers only one disease while the one with "good health" covers all possible diseases I think.

If the world is cured from coronavirus but then hit with another virus, the affirmation would still have came true though the outcome isn't desirable.

I would choose "bless this world with good health" or maybe use both sentences in one affirmation?