Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 15-12-2011, 05:56 AM
contentest

Enlightenment vs insanity

Is there ever any way to know if bizarre things that happen around you are valid spiritual synchronicities or if you're actually just a complete lunatic? If the only way to know is to just have faith, then that seems like a good way to accidentally become a complete lunatic. Or am I on the right track as long as I can remember my zip code?
Old 15-12-2011, 06:11 AM
Master

Well, asking the community if said events are 'normal' could be one way to have them validated. What experiences do you have?
Old 18-12-2011, 06:03 PM
contentest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Well, asking the community if said events are 'normal' could be one way to have them validated. What experiences do you have?
I think someone else talked to me inside my mind, or actually through things in my environment, but like someone else's consciousness was guiding mine into finding signs of communication in random things. It lasted for a while and then went away. The (potential) communication was without words, but still quite clear.

Apart from making me question my mental health, this was a positive experience. What was it? How can I know I'm not simply nuts?
Old 18-12-2011, 07:04 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentest
I think someone else talked to me inside my mind, or actually through things in my environment, but like someone else's consciousness was guiding mine into finding signs of communication in random things. It lasted for a while and then went away. The (potential) communication was without words, but still quite clear.

Apart from making me question my mental health, this was a positive experience. What was it? How can I know I'm not simply nuts?

If it's helpful, according to my shrink, if you hear voices and they aren't your own (for example if you are female and you hear a male voice) then you are schizophrenic. If you hear voices and they are your own voice (having a zillion incessant conversations going on at once with your own self) that makes you bipolar. Your experience is "none of the above" as you are not hearing a voice, right?

And if it's helpful, I haven't needed a shrink in well over a decade, as I was declared "normal" ... actually on my last visit he said I was just having an "identity crisis" ... which I think is hilarious because that is exactly what it was -- it was me waking up to answer the "Who am I" question, but I digress... I'm only saying even if you do start hearing voices, it doesn't make you insane.

I don't think you're nuts. What you describe happens to me all the time. When you listen and you are aware and tuned into it, the universe begins to talk to you. And as I just got done saying, I've been certified sane for a long time.

Try keeping a journal. Try having a conversation with this entity talking to you. Ask for signs that it's "real." And if you receive a sign, ask those around you in real life see the sign too. Be a good scientist -- that's what I do. If I'm delusional and hallucinating, so are my husband and my closest friend, since they have been witness to many of the signs I requested as "proof."
Old 18-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Enya

Generally speaking, if you're aware enough to debate your sanity, then you're not nuts. The only way is decide what is real in *your* slice of reality is to take what works for you, put the rest on the shelf and continue with a working definition until something else comes along to challenge and expand that definition.
Old 18-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Master

Quote:

I can speak and be heard by someone elsewhere, in their mind. If they have the right abilities, that is. So can some other psychics, and spirits in general. Same with sending images. As for random things, it's not so much a question of making the random things happen as guiding your attention to that event.

As SQ says, write everything down that feels like it wasn't a random thought. Even better, sit down and just listen for a while. Say 'I am listening' and just be at peace, think about sitting on a nice empty beach watching the sunrise.... and as you 'hear' and 'see' words and images that don't fit in with that, start writing.

You are having an experience that does not fit in with a rational mindset and worldview. Of course you are worrying about your mental health. I know that feeling so well. But don't let that worry stop you in your tracks, any more than your first kiss stopped your interest in the preferred gender.
Old 19-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Experiencer
Harmless I say ;)

The communication was without words? It seems as if you were being guided by your intuition? Your higher self maybe? :)
We do have guides from the spiritual realm that are trying to help us along our journey. I've also questioned my sanity because I didn't believe in anything spiritual until a couple of years ago. The way I see it is that as long as this communication is helping me then I'm ok. :) And from the sounds of it , it was indeed a positive experience. My suggestion is that you simply trust and don't question it. ;) The more you question it the more you might move away from being open to this helpful communication. :)
Good luck on your journey!!

Love and light,
Kiki04

Quote:

Old 15-12-2011, 06:21 AM
Master
Well you have to be out of your mind to ever taste Enlightenment, my schizophrenia pushed me strait into nothingness where I found Everyness, hey, is that a word lol.
Old 18-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Talking

This may surprise many here - but I actually have experienced insanity --besides being with 2 insane people - separately,
meaning they could have easily butchered everyone in sight in an instant with a French knife --thats pretty Charlie Manson insane....but
I talked them done, by the Grace of God...
But I digress.

I have also expereinced absolute Divine sainthood ---what I found is:
There is a thin line between the 2...

Example --- You could run around saying you are George Washington or Jesus Christ and be in the looney bin ----
but as a Saint, having the same experience you know you are George Washington and Jesus Christ --- why, but of course, you
are - -you are everyone...and are elevated to incredible wisdom and insight into the workings of creation...

My 2 cents...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Master
sanity is popular opinion, society's parameters for normal, a collective determining the nature of reality. this might be a good idea if our species weren't insane from the get go. the collectives who are making the rules of normalcy aren't logical, are often self destructive, contradictions abound, natural good inclinations and talents are suppressed and perverted and priorities are totally counter productive for the survival and the advancement of the human species.

i figure that as long as i'm not compelled to run down the middle of main street wearing only a jingly jester hat while screaming "green jello! green jello! green jello!" i'm no more insane than my society.