Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 05-11-2021, 05:33 PM
Master
QUOTE 106 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I spent 8 years self enquiring and self healing, meditation and doing yoga until I transcended .. I no longer self enquire, but continue to meditate and do yoga for a further 15 years and still continue to do so to this very day ..

What I refer to is beyond the silence, it is beyond, self, light and darkness, feelings and senses, thoughts and comparisons ..
The Silence is only the beginning, as you duly noted. That's when the "magick" starts to happen, as BigJohn often says and with which I agree.

There are many who can still the mind and simply be in a blockhead trance.

The Silence is only the beginning...but it is the point at which words no longer apply.

In the 1980s, I met one-on-one with a Taoist Master in Chengdu (China) for over 3 hours and it was amazing how much was communicated without words in complete and utter silence. Besides, he only spoke Chinese and my Chinese is non-existent.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:38 PM
Master
QUOTE 107 EXCERPT:

Quote:
For sure, many might say the same thing, but in the next breath one continues in the same vein of declaring how the world is, or how illusory one is .

What point do you see in peeps quoting other illusory egoic dream characters in order to bolster there own illusory egoic dream character's points of view .

As long as one is in a physical vehicle and acting out one's role on the stage of life, one learns how to communicate as best as possible in an understandable manner with other actors albeit who are entangled in their roles.

It is well said that self-realized beings are generally very very quiet but do engage in whatever words are most suitable when interacting with sincere entangled seekers.

The play of consciousness is actually quite amusing but some take it far too seriously. Let nature take its course.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Jung also based his model of the ego on the Ahamkara and his model of the self on the Atman. Really, there's very little difference between Spirituality and psychology if you know where to look, and when you understand Jung's model of the self as Atman it provides a framework of understanding.

As we have discussed before, Jung's psychology borders empirically on the spiritual. Jung's introduction to the "Who Am I" dialogues of Ramana Maharshi caught me by surprise initially ... but then I realized that he is saying virtually the same thing albeit in psychological terms to a different audience.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:43 PM
Master
QUOTE 109 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Take the duality and non-duality concept as an example.
Of course, BOTH duality AND non-duality are concepts. There is a point at which one speaks of neither....when the situation is appropriate.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 106 EXCERPT: The Silence is only the beginning, as you duly noted. That's when the "magick" starts to happen, as BigJohn often says and with which I agree.

So where do you suppose all the words and conclusions come from then in regards to the world and self being illusory cos it definitely doesn't come from beyond the silence ..

This is key .

How can anyone say they have realised the world is a dream when Self realisation is beyond the thought and the knowing of what a dream and self is .

People can conclude all sorts of things pertaining to self and the world, but these will all be mindful and further self reflections .

Ramana's thoughts about there is nothing to conclude, is just another conclusion made

This is why at times you really do have to take certain teachings with a pinch of salt .

People put such teachers on a pedestal and make up what they want, they want to portray such folk as living in permanent bliss, but if that was the case why would Ramana get angry and judgemental at a shepard whom he thought wasn't looking after his goats properly ..

x daz x
Old 05-11-2021, 07:30 PM
Master
Quote:
QUOTE 107 EXCERPT:

As long as one is in a physical vehicle and acting out one's role on the stage of life, one learns how to communicate as best as possible in an understandable manner with other actors albeit who are entangled in their roles.

But they're not and that's the point . There is no-one present, there is no physical body .. There cannot be an actor, only an appearance of one which is referred to as the dream character .

x daz x
Old 05-11-2021, 08:34 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
but then I realized that he is saying virtually the same thing albeit in psychological terms to a different audience.
There's no difference between Spirituality and psychology, other than dictionary
Old 06-11-2021, 03:31 PM
Master
QUOTE 115 EXCERPT:
Quote:
So where do you suppose all the words and conclusions come from then in regards to the world and self being illusory cos it definitely doesn't come from beyond the silence ..
Ramana's thoughts about there is nothing to conclude, is just another conclusion made
As I posted on another thread in response to what you had written there, there is a point at which the silence serves as a gateway which facilitates surrender to an "expanded consciousness" by which one knows without thinking how to proceed in any given situation.

At that point, as Ramana indicated, there is indeed nothing to learn, discuss, or conclude. I remember that statement well because it did not resonate with me at all when I first heard it. Now, I understand it better ... though I obviously still am at a point where I am still learning,discussing, and concluding ... but I have personally met those who do not and they are truly awesome.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:29 PM
Master
Quote:
QUOTE 115 EXCERPT: As I posted on another thread in response to what you had written there, there is a point at which the silence serves as a gateway which facilitates surrender to an "expanded consciousness" by which one knows without thinking how to proceed in any given situation.

Does surrendering to an expanded consciousness mean that one without thinking knows that self is illusory or life is a dream .. You see this is really my only line of thought directed to you .

I am struggling to understand your take on this . I am hearing that one knows without thinking, but when one proclaims to have realised this and that about self and the world .. Where does it come from? The silence? Where do such thoughts exist in silence .

I remember a cosmic consciousness experience moments before I transcended the mind and at a point within a few moments I knew everything that I am of this universe .
There is knowledge of everything, but in these moments, there isn't the thought about anything in particular . One doesn't need to question what one already is, and what one already knows .

One doesn't then have this aha moment and say self is illusory or the world is a dream .. these thoughts are not present .

x daz x
Old 06-11-2021, 07:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Water
At that point, as Ramana indicated, there is indeed nothing to learn, discuss, or conclude. I remember that statement well because it did not resonate with me at all when I first heard it. Now, I understand it better ...

So again, to be clear here .. Within the silence, Ramana got all this knowledge about self and life and the world and then once concluded at a point he declares there is nothing to learn, discuss or conclude ..

You see this seems to be back to front .. I would say one engages in thought and mind and learns this and that . Ramana studied the scriptures like most spiritual gurus .. So much knowledge is gained prior to any insight .

Then at a point one enters the silence and beyond that to realise that it's all mindfulness ..

All these scriptures and conceptual truths declared in some shape or form are all self related .

The conclusions of the world at large being this and that are conclusions that Ramana eventually negated .

Do you see the inconsistencies here ..

x daz x