Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 31-03-2015, 03:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Vespa,

Reading your OP I say you are right to trust your gut feelings about this person.
I don't think you were blocking it because you sound sincere in wanting reiki treatment. You sound receptive to me.

There are a lot of reiki practitioners who are useless as instruments of life force, symbol or no symbol. That is because their heart chakra is not open. They are in it for the money or ego or whatever.

In order to have the ability to enter the energy field of another, the heart chakra needs to be open.
That's why we feel good when a person with loving intention hugs us, and why we feel gross when someone with bad intentions hugs us.

Doesn't that make sense to you?

Totally makes sense and although some people who responded to this thread wanted to give the reiki healer the benefit of the doubt, I knew I had to trust my gut as you say. I totally get what you say about the heart chakra needing to be opened and mine was teared open after losing someone I loved dearly. This happened within days after recieving my last reiki attunement. I had a spiritual awakening with opened all my abilities. I am so touched that I am always in conact with this person on the other side. He is my guide now. It was meant to happen this way. I always wonder how it works for other healers if they are not born with the abilities do they go through something to open their heart? Perhaps only to the ones who have a true mission to heal. My reiki master on the other hand was born with abilities but she was very much on a power trip and in her ego.
Old 31-03-2015, 04:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
I totally get what you say about the heart chakra needing to be opened and mine was teared open after losing someone I loved dearly. This happened within days after recieving my last reiki attunement. I had a spiritual awakening with opened all my abilities. I am so touched that I am always in conact with this person on the other side. He is my guide now. It was meant to happen this way. I always wonder how it works for other healers if they are not born with the abilities do they go through something to open their heart? Perhaps only to the ones who have a true mission to heal. My reiki master on the other hand was born with abilities but she was very much on a power trip and in her ego.

Hi Vespa,

Sorry about your loss and I'm glad you have a guide you connect with

Anyone who sincerely wants to help others has an open heart. It's not about having special abilities.

I think the ones like your egotistical master can do reiki but they are also simultaneously sending their own garbage into you, and/or siphoning off your energy even as they channel into you. I know quite a few people like that. I'm reading a very well researched book at the moment by Cyndi Dale called Energy Boundaries about protecting your energy... but gut feeling is the body's own fail safe mechanism (if only I'd listen to mine more often!).

Gut instinct is great :)
Old 31-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Hi Vespa,

Sorry about your loss and I'm glad you have a guide you connect with

Anyone who sincerely wants to help others has an open heart. It's not about having special abilities.

I think the ones like your egotistical master can do reiki but they are also simultaneously sending their own garbage into you, and/or siphoning off your energy even as they channel into you. I know quite a few people like that. I'm reading a very well researched book at the moment by Cyndi Dale called Energy Boundaries about protecting your energy... but gut feeling is the body's own fail safe mechanism (if only I'd listen to mine more often!).

Gut instinct is great :)

I will look into the book. I think with an open heart you develop abilities such as empathy and feeling the emotions of others. But yes one can have abilities and not have an open heart. Im not sure how well my reiki master channeled energy but she certainly could feel things.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:11 AM
Knower

Quote:
@tail11- so the leader of the silent circle may sense things but says nothing? Not for me either. I thought the whole point IS to connect with the client.

No its not part of the French laws that one cannot say anything. I have been to healers here who share everything they see or sense.

I don't know if she senses anything or not. I've only been to one of her circles. But I've spoken to her why I probably won't be back. She has her students doing the same thing. She is a RN teacher, so that may play part into her silence.

tainimom makes a good point about the various Reiki training out there. My master didn't go into what we should be feeling or speaking to a client about. I was lucky for my Reiki 1 and 2 classes because there were student teachers in both. They told me what they picked up on, and my master didn't stop them. I just went through Reiki 3 and the same thing happened. One of the gals picked up something with me and we quickly discussed it. My master just listened. My master freely admits her own clairvoyance, but doesn't use it while teaching. She is 2nd generation Usui and had been taught by Takata Sensi. She teaches the true Usui Reiki.

I agree with you with wanting to have something said at the end of the session if she felt something or at least if she felt an energy shift of some sort. In my main circle, we have a nurse that goes way into depth. I don't feel comfortable giving any medical advice, but I do let them know if I felt an area that was pulling at my energy and any visions I've seen.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:49 PM
Knower

I am curious what should someone expect to feel or notice if they are in the hands of an effective reiki practitioner? I've been thinking of trying it.
Also, I was offered a treatment by someone who ran a shop recently, and was adding a table to her business to do reiki on in a back room. She would always come out into the store reeking of cigarette smoke and overall I felt very tense and strange around her. The smell was enough to make me wonder how healthy and balanced her own self might be as judgmental as that might be.... Why was she finishing a smoke every single time I encountered her? Stress and nicotine/chemicals and who knows what.... I can't imagine would make for the best of her abilities anyhow.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:20 PM
Guide

Uma is correct about the heart. Heart is very important as it is the key and our direct connection to the Source. The more open it is, the more the love from Source reaches us.

When it comes to healing, there are many factors: the practitioner's surrender level and how open the heart chakra is; the client's surrender level and how willing the client is ready to let go too; and Divine Plan.

As I'm taught, there needs to be resonance between practitioner and client. Divine Plan plays an important role because we cannot change it. It can change when we start to choose Source over our own wills, wants and desires and it wasn't in the plan, but it's not our will to change any plan. It's our free will to pay attention to all the hints and to follow the Divine Plan for ourselves. Many times we ignore it. I can't count the many times I missed important clues, but we are always given many chances.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 02-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myvie
I am curious what should someone expect to feel or notice if they are in the hands of an effective reiki practitioner? I've been thinking of trying it.
Also, I was offered a treatment by someone who ran a shop recently, and was adding a table to her business to do reiki on in a back room. She would always come out into the store reeking of cigarette smoke and overall I felt very tense and strange around her. The smell was enough to make me wonder how healthy and balanced her own self might be as judgmental as that might be.... Why was she finishing a smoke every single time I encountered her? Stress and nicotine/chemicals and who knows what.... I can't imagine would make for the best of her abilities anyhow.

I have not been on the receiving end that much but people should feel very relaxed, have better mental clarity, less physical pain. Sometimes emotions come up as well.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:13 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainamom

When it comes to healing, there are many factors: the practitioner's surrender level and how open the heart chakra is; the client's surrender level and how willing the client is ready to let go too; and Divine Plan.

I agree 100%. Reiki goes where it is needed. If both practitioner and client are open and receiving, both will receive.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:37 AM
Knower

Quote:
I have not been on the receiving end that much but people should feel very relaxed, have better mental clarity, less physical pain. Sometimes emotions come up as well.
Thanks. Interesting. Do people typically feel any sort of sensation while the work is being done on them?
I just got a demo/short reiki treatment done at a health/local business fair and actually felt like a magnetic pull (like as if I was made of magnet or my blood/insides were slightly magnetic and were pulled backwards suddenly. It's an odd sensation), moment she started, right in the area where she started. It was so apparent that I opened my eyes and looked around to see where her hands were lol. It lasted a few seconds and I was pretty encouraged because I wasn't expected to feel anything so notable. But after that I didn't notice anything else during the session. Anyway. Cool for me, thought I'd share. I think I need to try a real booked session sometime.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myvie
Thanks. Interesting. Do people typically feel any sort of sensation while the work is being done on them?
I just got a demo/short reiki treatment done at a health/local business fair and actually felt like a magnetic pull (like as if I was made of magnet or my blood/insides were slightly magnetic and were pulled backwards suddenly. It's an odd sensation), moment she started, right in the area where she started. It was so apparent that I opened my eyes and looked around to see where her hands were lol. It lasted a few seconds and I was pretty encouraged because I wasn't expected to feel anything so notable. But after that I didn't notice anything else during the session. Anyway. Cool for me, thought I'd share. I think I need to try a real booked session sometime.

You must be sensitive to the feel of energy and thats great. People dont always feel that. Sometimes though people can feel warmth too.