Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 06-10-2010, 05:06 AM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Thank you for your reply Brother Path, makes sense to practice first on ones self. So many areas of interest, things I would like to learn how to do, and never enough time to do it all. How does one choose ?

I think one needs to first decide what is important in their life and then learn and do those things that support those life choices.

And that does not mean to do those things to the exclusion of everything else, just make your choices a priority in your life.

Probably the single biggest lesson I have (re) learned is "Everything in moderation". The whole "Candy is great but too much will rot your teeth" kinda thing.

So, make a list of all the things you think you would like to learn or try and then go back and see which of those support your choices about what is important in your life and start with those...

Just my opinion Sista Dream.
Good luck with your choices and let me know if I can help
Old 06-10-2010, 05:14 AM
Deactivated Account

Thank you for your suggestions.

I remember when I first joined the forum, so many topics of interest. One cannot read or keep up with them all, but I did try, lol ! At that time Inner suggested I choose a few to focus on, which I have done. But there is still a curiosity for other topics . A curious mind is a good thing to have, I guess.

Yes, balance is the key in many situations, experiences, life in general.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 06-10-2010, 05:33 AM
EmergingPath

Agreed. I've spent much time focusing on Intention and checking out many associated modalities beyond Reiki, such as many of the Pagan (Wiccan, shaman, and general neo-pagan aspects such as Tarot and divining) perspectives as well as Quantum Physics (such as Lynn McTaggarts books) and Gregg Braden and Bruce Lipton, Eckhart Tolle and Wayne Dyer books who all touch on or focus on intention and staying "awake" and in the present and aware of our thoughts and focused intentions...

I have also dabbled in EFT, Quantum Light Weaving, Past life Regressions, Between Life Regressions, and several other concepts or modalities...

And I cant do them all even though my interests are huge.

Ultimately I just do what makes me happy and what lights my fire
Old 06-10-2010, 05:39 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergingPath
Ultimately I just do what makes me happy and what lights my fire

And that is a great idea !

WOW ! On all your interests and dabblings ! And I thought I had quite a few, not quite as many as you.

I have also read many of the books of W.Dyer and other Intention and Manifesting authors.

ohhh, I am interested in the Past life regressions too, but that is another topic.

Expect Miracles !

Old 06-10-2010, 05:46 AM
Master
I'd say that Reiki has definintely changed and improved my life. I would go as far as saying that although unknown at the time when I moved to where I live now - in the background it was to meet my reiki master.

It can be a difficult journey, as you learn about letting go, trust and what/how reiki feels for the individual. It is definitely worth it and although I don't use it every day I know its there and can when I need to.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:57 AM
Deactivated Account

very cool ces !

Expect Miracles !

Old 06-10-2010, 06:16 AM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ces
It can be a difficult journey, as you learn about letting go, trust and what/how reiki feels for the individual. It is definitely worth it and although I don't use it every day I know its there and can when I need to.

And you stuck with it, even when you doubted, and now it looks like you have "come out the other side" well and healthy

You are my hero ces
Old 06-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergingPath
Yo Brother Inns,
For me Reiki is seriously part of my lifestyle, so to answer your question I practice self Reiki daily, typically after exercise and before meditation.

My HA 15 months ago was a "its time to walk the talk" event for me and my recent 4 month sabatical that I just concluded allowed me to get very clear on my life, what I want it to be and how I choose to live it going forward.

So, yes, self Reiki daily... It's not just for breakfast any more

Hey Brotha, (sounds like Hulk Hogan)

That is good that you were able to use downtime to really focus on your life, and where you are going. I am currently in the same process. I have been attuned for 3 years now, but never used a daily regimen. I will admit it. I used it when I needed it. Though my healing, even though attuned to Reiki, I use more of a spiritual healing as I seldom use the symbols, and just focus more on channelling from source.

Just recently I started a daily self healing regimen.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:09 PM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Hey Brotha, (sounds like Hulk Hogan)

That is good that you were able to use downtime to really focus on your life, and where you are going. I am currently in the same process. I have been attuned for 3 years now, but never used a daily regimen. I will admit it. I used it when I needed it. Though my healing, even though attuned to Reiki, I use more of a spiritual healing as I seldom use the symbols, and just focus more on channelling from source.

Just recently I started a daily self healing regimen.

Yo Bro Inns,
Ya, I seldom use symbols for my own work, always when teaching or with others but for me I too recognize the source does not need them or any prescribed "rituals" other than what feels right for you.

Huge fan of do what feels right and that no one knows ANY more about this topic than you can if you focus your time and thoughts on it.

Just my opinion
Old 06-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Master
I love the fact that with the symbols you connect so quickly to reiki. I use it as an emergency switch for headaches etc. .

I need to get back into self treating - the discussion has given me the kick I needed - thanks. cesx