Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 18-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Crystalline_Lilly

Color family issues?

What do you do if your own parent doesnt understand you my father doesnt understand that I have special needs aka syndrome I was born with and I am also a psychic medium too. My mom understands me but my father doesnt. What do you do about that?
Old 26-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Master
I guess you just have to learn to accept it yourself without the need of anyone else's validation.
Old 26-03-2012, 08:07 PM
midnightstar

Sadly you can't make people understand something Crystal, so acceptance is really all you can do.
Old 26-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Administrator
Hey Crystelline_lilly.

There is nothing you can do im speaking from exerience, i was called all the names you could think of as i was growing up. because i too am also a medium and my parents didnt understand it either, my siblings didnt either so i was on my own, my grandmother knew what i was, she taught me a lot but basically it was my guides that taught me,
i was called everything you can think of my father was worse than my mother, but she didnt really believe either,
you cant make people accept you and your beliefs, you just have to rise above it and accept it yourself, or you will forever be wandering why they didnt believe, i was also treated differently from my siblings. i was the preverbeal black sheep.
but as my mother became ill she wanted to know what lay ahead of her she believed then, and that was only through fear of the unknown.
just be yourself and accept that is who you are, doesnt matter what your parents think,

Namaste
Old 26-03-2012, 11:21 PM
CelestialRain

There really is nothing you can do but push love from your heart and try "wait it out". It sounds tough, but one day he will (be it in a past life or right before you have grandchildren, etc.) Most people aren't accepting because they don't want to put "flaws" into their loved ones. Like what everyone else said; you can't get people to accept you, but you learn that other's opinions should only make you stronger--not make you feel bad! It sounds tough but you sound like a strong individual and I'm sure you'll do better with time.
Old 27-03-2012, 02:50 AM
Guide
I understand the hurt that family can cause. One thing that having gifts gives us is the ability to have an open mind. Having an open mind, being open helps people like us to accept ourselves and love ourselves. Understanding ourselves and knowing that we are a small part of humanity helps in understanding why some people can not or will not accept it.

Keep your father in your heart. Offer chants of acceptance for him but in reality it is he that has to open his heart and mind. I feel sorry for those who close their mind and heart off to the possibilities in the world. Maybe if you have pity for him, not openly so as to insult him, but in your heart, maybe that will help. At least it will help you to cope with his insensitivity.

Peace and Light,
SpiritCarrier
Old 27-03-2012, 04:14 AM
MorningMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline_Lilly
What do you do if your own parent doesnt understand you my father doesnt understand that I have special needs aka syndrome I was born with and I am also a psychic medium too. My mom understands me but my father doesnt. What do you do about that?

You remind yourself that the truly gifted often face rejection, being misunderstood and feeling alone, but you also lift your chin as you remember that, in time, you will shine brighter than any could imagine possible.

Big Hugs
MM
Old 01-04-2012, 01:02 AM
HidingJewel

Just keep your chin up, I have the same problem with my family.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:23 AM
embrace

That's so normal, really - nothing unusual about that! It means you're growing up and develop your own personality, independent on your family. Good sign!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline_Lilly

Crystalline_Lilly - We’re not always born into family soul groups for understanding; we’re born into family soul groups to advance our spiritual growth. If that takes stretching our wings and learning to fly in the midst of rocky turbulence, then so be it. If you ask any given person if both their parents understood them while growing up during the entire process, you probably would meet more people like yourself than not. Even though it is difficult to have your father not understand you right now, take this as an opportunity to grow and learn together. Relationships are always evolving even if ever so slowly. Be patient.

Blackraven