Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 29-04-2021, 04:35 PM
Pathfinder

Starting to learn Oracle and Tarot.

Hi everyone, I am so happy I found these forums. So yesterday something was nagging at me that I needed to get a tarot deck, wouldn't leave me alone until I decided to take a trip to a metaphysical shop. I have had a deck before but never connected to it, so I gave it to someone who was well versed in tarot.

After a few shops and being redirected I ended up in a shop with a great selection. I did pick up a tarot deck but I also spontaneously picked up an oracle deck.

I started work with them last night. Didn't really connect to the tarot (for now), but the oracle deck, wow. I am so so pleased with the Oracle deck. I felt a deep emotional connection, an instinctual understanding.

I got, The Faeries Oracle with art by Brian Froud. I didn't even realize it when I chose the box but, I have been in love with his Fae creatures since I was young. My first and second tattoos are of his Faeries. For some reason, maybe because the shop was darkened, the box art didn't look like his until I saw it at home.

So I just wanted to share a start of a journey.
Old 30-04-2021, 01:25 PM
Master
It is important to have a Tarot deck that appeals to you as it inspires you to work with it and get to know it.
I've had 2 Tarot decks in the beginning that I could not relate to at all and it didn't work. All that happened was that Tarot ended up on the backburner.

Also remember Tarot requires you to get into it and to use your own intuition.
Oracle cards are much easier in a way as they have a message and often you end up working with that message and the info in the book.
You can go deeper with it and also use your intuition of course, but in a way you don't need to.
Nevertheless oracle cards can be a very good and nice way to work or as an addition to Tarot. I got loads myself and use them regularly.

Tarot is a great discovery and lots of fun and joy to get into. For instance, browse through it and find the card that you feel represents you the most.
Then really feel the card, get into the imagery, and see how you'd feel in that situation. If there are other people in it, how do you interact with them, how do you feel with them there? and so on and so forth.

You can also find a card that you feel represents your partner or anyone else and do the same. Go in the card and observe how you feel in that setting with that person.

Doing such things is such a joyous way to get to know your Tarot deck! And to get a feel for Tarot.
Old 30-04-2021, 04:03 PM
Pathfinder

Hey there.

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding. I probably am. But the Faeries Oracle has no messages? Unless if you are meaning the messages the pictures give me? It seems to be like a tarot deck, but there are no cups, no wands, no swords and no pentacles. There are individual Faeries, and there are Singers. I see some of the same representations as tarot, such as the sun. But not many, maybe 5 total. There are 66 cards, and one card for my guide.

I do need to figure out if I should read only intuitively, or use a guide book. Or maybe the Faeries will know when I have to use the book and when I don't have to.

Anyway thank you for the info and reply :)
Old 30-04-2021, 09:03 PM
Master
Ah, I see. They don't have much on it. Well, whatever you wish and feel you have to work with them :) Intuition, bouncing off the artwork, using the guidebook, or combining it.
Old 01-05-2021, 02:01 AM
Pathfinder

Yeah I'm hoping that my intuition will be able to be connected into what the cards really want to say, instead of one meaning only from a book.

So far I am very much enjoying them. I love the art and the purpose behind why he made this deck. Seems very much like it fits my flow in life. And of course I love the Fae and they have a special place in my heart from many many years back.