Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 15-02-2021, 06:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRosa
I looked for forums because I wanted to get to know other people interested in Tarot and learn online. I bought some books that really resonated with me and I found two decks that spoke to me: The Light Seer's deck and a non traditional deck The Wildwood tarot.
I use you tube for tutorials and read a lot. I also am doing the free online course at learntarot.com and bought the book that goes with it. But with the two decks I have now, things just click, especially The Light Seer deck. I am loving the tarot so much, but sometimes I miss people who I can talk tarot with.
There are people here. A matter of people posting and exchanging to get things going a bit more again :)
Those decks are both wonderful. I got the Wildwood and have seen the Lightseer's deck come up.

As for the rest, best way to learn Tarot is by starting to do it. Pulling a daycard for at least a month, and journal about it every day too.
Once you feel it is going somewhere, expand a little. You can do small readings as well, 3 card for instance. Or find a nice spread (online or in a book) and experiment with it.

And if you wish you can share here. THere are still people around who do Tarot :)
Old 15-02-2021, 10:21 PM
Knower

Another way to understand the Tarot, which I have just completed is to go through the layout of Richard Roberts in his book "Tarot Revelations" he co-authored with Joseph Campbell. He has a layout he calls "The Magic Nine" which is truly stunning in its full integration of Hermetic ideas with alchemy and the symbols of the numbers, the colors, and the relationships of the Major Arcana. I am impressed deeply with his analysis. This is, in my opinion, one of the singular greatest ways to understand for yourself what Tarot has to offer. Truly outstanding, and very well and easy written. For personal growth I have never found a better approach than this one. Hands down, one of the very most educational things one can do for oneself to grasp what the Tarot is all about. Very fulfilling, spiritually uplifting, and intellectually invigorating.
Old 16-02-2021, 07:09 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I think it's like always: do whatever feels good to you.
When I first started out I got most of the basic info online but somehow I never got further. Not even after I'd done a short Tarot course by someone on a forum. She was very from the head, logical, and I'm not wired that way.
Then, a few years later, I walked into a drugstore and they had a pile of Tarot books for a few Euros. I think sell-out from a publisher.
I browsed through it and it clicked right away! The way it was written was very easy to read and understand, aimed at beginners, and with all kinds of exercises to get the hang of Tarot and a deck.
The images of cards in it appealed to me tremendously and I knew I'd found the deck I wanted: the Robin Wood.
RWS went on a shelf, I never resonated with it which also had held me back for years, and I bought Robin Wood. That deck SO resonated with me, we hit it off right away, haha.

I started reading that book, diligently doing the exercises, and for the first time Tarot came to life!! It was amazing, beautiful!
I think it was meant to be, me finding that book for maybe $5 while I wasn't in a bookstore, not looking for a book either.

Now I never use the book anymore, no need, but it did get me started and really tuned into Tarot, which is what I needed it for.

Maybe others do it another way, without any book. I don't mind a little guidance :)

Just follow your own intuition in this.

I bought the deck Light Seer's Tarot. That deck really speak to me. A not so traditional deck I bought is The Wild Wood deck. Also bought a few books and the learntarot course online. When you have the right deck for you everything falls into place. It suddenly makes more sense. But, I do miss talking to people about tarot. I went looking for forums because I no longer have social media accounts.
Old 16-02-2021, 07:17 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
There are people here. A matter of people posting and exchanging to get things going a bit more again :)
Those decks are both wonderful. I got the Wildwood and have seen the Lightseer's deck come up.

As for the rest, best way to learn Tarot is by starting to do it. Pulling a daycard for at least a month, and journal about it every day too.
Once you feel it is going somewhere, expand a little. You can do small readings as well, 3 card for instance. Or find a nice spread (online or in a book) and experiment with it.

And if you wish you can share here. THere are still people around who do Tarot :)

I have been doing daily draws and at first for the first month it was one card a day and I studied that card for that day by reading about it in my books and online. I was and am amazed that certain cards like Page of swords, Queen of wands, King of swords keep coming back regularly. I also found out that if a card(s) don make sense and reverse them, things do make sense. I don't have people to practice with so I practice about someone from a book I am reading, or myself. I have started asking the cards: "What do I need to be aware about today"? I find it a wonderful practice that works quite well.
Old 16-02-2021, 07:29 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholarly Tarot
Another way to understand the Tarot, which I have just completed is to go through the layout of Richard Roberts in his book "Tarot Revelations" he co-authored with Joseph Campbell. He has a layout he calls "The Magic Nine" which is truly stunning in its full integration of Hermetic ideas with alchemy and the symbols of the numbers, the colors, and the relationships of the Major Arcana. I am impressed deeply with his analysis. This is, in my opinion, one of the singular greatest ways to understand for yourself what Tarot has to offer. Truly outstanding, and very well and easy written. For personal growth I have never found a better approach than this one. Hands down, one of the very most educational things one can do for oneself to grasp what the Tarot is all about. Very fulfilling, spiritually uplifting, and intellectually invigorating.

I will have a look at the book but I have some other books by Campbell and I struggle reading them. Right now I have books by Melissa Cynova, Michelle Tea, Joan Bunning and Deborah Lipp. Once I have read them I'll take a look at some other books
Old 18-02-2021, 04:54 AM
Knower

Quote:
I was one of the first to register after you'd set it up. We had talked about how to set it up, which server, I even brain stormed on forum names with you etc. etc.
But you never activated my account.
So it's not that friendly and welcoming.
And not respectful toward this forum as you promote it here to syphon the Tarot members from SF to your forum as opposed to finding your own.
The way the posts unfolded this thread appeared to be a shill designed to promote that one forum. Thank you for bringing this out in the open. Notice how no one acknowledged any of the forums in the list of links I posted until after you outed 55degrees. People will go to great lengths to keep up a ruse.

Last edited by o0A0o : 18-02-2021 at 06:30 AM.
Old 18-02-2021, 11:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0A0o
The way the posts unfolded this thread appeared to be a shill designed to promote that one forum. Thank you for bringing this out in the open. Notice how no one acknowledged any of the forums in the list of links I posted until after you outed 55degrees. People will go to great lengths to keep up a ruse.
It is all weird, yes. I don't get why all the promoting for that forum here on SF isn't removed by admin / mods. It is even in her signature with a link.
Oh well... it's not my forum, no skin of my nose in that sense.
But I'm not happy about the way I got treated by 55degrees.
Old 23-03-2021, 10:28 AM
Pathfinder

I spend some time at the tarot overflow forum and 55degrees decided to take a break and the forum has gone very quiet all of a sudden. I truly enjoyed it there:(
Old 26-03-2021, 11:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRosa
I spend some time at the tarot overflow forum and 55degrees decided to take a break and the forum has gone very quiet all of a sudden. I truly enjoyed it there:(
Glad to hear you did!
I left even though I couldn't delete my account and what I've seen my request to delete it wasn't honoured.
I didn't like it at all. Too hostile and judgemental for my taste.
Old 26-03-2021, 01:50 PM
Administrator
@Fairy crystal

55 degrees is no longer a member on here. as for the link starman posted one link which the site allows as long as no payments are asked for was ok.
if you have a problem send me a pm

Namaste