Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 22-09-2020, 08:34 PM
Newbie ;)

Are tarot cards real?

Are tarot cards real? If so what is my future and how do people predict the future.
Old 23-09-2020, 08:09 AM
Master
Carl Jung, a noted psychologist, talked about the collective unconscious. In the collective unconscious there are archetypal patterns. The symbols on the tarot cards also contain archetypal patterns, so they are a good tool for accessing our sublime consciousness.

You form a relationship with the cards, in fact you can form a relationship with just about anything, and make it be known to yourself that you are using the cards, or that thing, to communicate with your deeper self. Once you have established that relationship, it flows.

In my opinion, fortune telling is not the main purpose of tarot cards; the main purpose is spiritual development. Gypsies made fortune telling with tarot cards popular, but before that they were part of mystical religious rites and rituals.

Again, in my opinion, you should learn the tarot so then you will not be dependant on other people reading your cards. Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day, teach them to fish and you feed them for a lifetime. Invest in learning the tarot and you will feed yourself for a lifetime.

The magic is not in the cards, rather the magic is inside of you. “The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of understanding.”
Old 11-12-2020, 08:57 AM
Elfin

...A slightly older thread , but worth I feel bringing back to life. I couldn't agree more with what Starman said. Every word is totally 100% true as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-12-2020, 11:47 AM
Keep it civil and polite.
I never expected such rudeness and insults in a Tarot thread!
Glad I stopped by!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-12-2020, 01:17 PM
Knower

I do not use the Tarot personally but I have found that the optimal basis for results in my own system of Numerology begins with the Tarot card "The Empress", that is to say a crowned female Divinity seated between the portals J and B to indicate the Temple of Solomon.

This is all represented by the number 191, 1 and 1 the portals, 9 is the number of the All-Highest Divinity. I struggled against accepting the concept for some time but finally the numerology made no sense without it and the apparitions at Fatima and Akita as transposed into the numbers compelled me to accept it.

As Miss Hepburn may be aware, I allude to the structure and course of Western history and future.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:13 AM
Knower

Just to put this out here to be considered: Fish to sate your hunger and support yours and your family's life but eat a balanced diet to be healthy. To know your limitations you have to exceed them but you also have to understand the barometer. Whether a single or a spread, the cards are read in relation to something. The reader is part of the relationship. We have a tendency to project/read into things in both wishful and dreadful ways. You can be your own worst enemy no matter what your feelings are about yourself or your situation. When you have a reading done by another person it is from their perspective. This point of view can range from narrowing to broadening yet it is objective to our view. Be willing and seek to learn how your ideas hold up to other's perspectives. The everyday person's "scientific peer review" is imperative. It is beneficial to be able to read your own cards but remain open to the input of people who are less likely to offer personal opinion based upon prior knowledge of you and your situation (you).
Old 23-01-2021, 12:30 AM
Knower

Tarot cards are real, I just looked at some today...Lol.

But I think I understand what the OP was getting at and Starman really did hit the nail on the head, as usual. I might just add the cards as I use them are good for meditation. I sit comfortably and just browse them one by one sometimes, and re-arrange them in various configurations. As I have them out I have a favorite author out also and read what is said about the card I am looking at. It's relaxing and interesting to do. In this manner I also notice things in the cards I hadn't before and make notes of that. Through time those notes add up for me as I compare what various authors have said, which personalizes them for me. I then share those insights with others who are interested. I guess the first step one ought to do is get interested in them, if for no other reason than as an art form and advance from there.
Old 08-04-2021, 05:35 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Carl Jung, a noted psychologist, talked about the collective unconscious. In the collective unconscious there are archetypal patterns. The symbols on the tarot cards also contain archetypal patterns, so they are a good tool for accessing our sublime consciousness.

You form a relationship with the cards, in fact you can form a relationship with just about anything, and make it be known to yourself that you are using the cards, or that thing, to communicate with your deeper self. Once you have established that relationship, it flows.

In my opinion, fortune telling is not the main purpose of tarot cards; the main purpose is spiritual development. Gypsies made fortune telling with tarot cards popular, but before that they were part of mystical religious rites and rituals.

Again, in my opinion, you should learn the tarot so then you will not be dependant on other people reading your cards. Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day, teach them to fish and you feed them for a lifetime. Invest in learning the tarot and you will feed yourself for a lifetime.

The magic is not in the cards, rather the magic is inside of you. “The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of understanding.”

Thank you for sharing! This makes a lot of sense.
Old 26-04-2021, 10:29 PM
Master
I suppose the law of chance —- gives it a descent key which brings truthfulness to the reading!

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 27-04-2021, 11:45 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha3
Are tarot cards real? If so what is my future and how do people predict the future.

Tarot is not used for predicting the future. Tarot is a window into your soul. A self-discovery took to become more aware. I know most people use it to get their partner back, but it goes much deeper than that.