Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 19-04-2021, 09:29 PM
Experiencer

Biblical Evidence for Tarot Cards

I have been doing research on the Bible and Magic.. On doing my research I came across Proverbs 16:33 This speaks about how believers in God would roll dice to discern Gods will on a matter. And it says right out God is the one who gives out the results . So as long as you ask God the question he will answer through the cards because cards are just as random as Dice.

Ever since I learned this I have been using cards on a regular basis and it has helped my relationship with God. It has been reliable and I feel closer to God because of having a dialog with him.
Old 21-04-2021, 12:20 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
I have been doing research on the Bible and Magic.. On doing my research I came across Proverbs 16:33 This speaks about how believers in God would roll dice to discern Gods will on a matter. And it says right out God is the one who gives out the results . So as long as you ask God the question he will answer through the cards because cards are just as random as Dice.

Ever since I learned this I have been using cards on a regular basis and it has helped my relationship with God. It has been reliable and I feel closer to God because of having a dialog with him.
How very interesting! I never quite thought of it that way....
Old 22-04-2021, 09:46 PM
Lorelyen

It's an idea but we'd need to know more about the die/dice. With what were its faces marked? Dice are used in magick for the reasons you say but usually for a yes/no answer (so evens = yes, odds = no or vice versa)

But I can see what you're getting at.
You have a question and the answer lies in the meaning of the card. Yes, that would work.

All success with the idea.
Old 22-04-2021, 11:27 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

You are assuming that the verse refers to dice.
Old 23-04-2021, 06:40 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:

When I read the tarot cards, I connect to MY higher self and not god. And I am sticking to that.
Old 26-04-2021, 12:28 AM
Knower

Quote:
I have been doing research on the Bible and Magic.. On doing my research I came across Proverbs 16:33 ...it says right out God is the one who gives out the results . So as long as you ask God the question he will answer through the cards because cards are just as random as Dice...
The words depend on the version of the bible you are using for the quote. Most do not mention the means. https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Proverbs%2016:33 The essence of the message is that you may flip a coin or go to great lengths analyzing and contemplating a decision to be made but ultimately it is all part of a higher process.

In tarot you are to relate the "random" cards to a specific context thus seeing them relevant and specific. And yes this can be carried forward to mean every card in the deck will be relevant and specific but only when you relate them to your context.

All things are participants in repeated, ongoing, existing patterns, (i.e. waves, cause and effect, archetypes, etc.), so they inherently have recognizable and predictable elements and outcomes.

Relating random representations of existing patterns to your specific context helps illuminate the specifics as well as to reveal the library of potential patterns and influences so you are able to better understand a situation. Sometimes things are influenced. Other times the appearance is changed by the presence of another element even though they remain the same thing.

Blue is just blue until you relate it to variations of color. Or perhaps you do not recognize a color is a certain color. Some colors appear to be another until you see them next to that color, for instance a yellow by itself can be perceived as a green. A swatch of a color will look different when placed on a white background compared to when placed on a black background. Some colors practically disappear because they are absorbed or certain colors glow in a way that overpowers another color. Sometimes the swatch of a color is clearly visible until you view it in black & white where it becomes indistinguishable from its background color.

Last edited by o0A0o : 26-04-2021 at 03:51 AM.