Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 02-03-2023, 07:29 AM
Master

Morning Joe... Hmmmmm..... And as a girl I can promise it's ALWAYS good when "things" get bigger by the second LOL..wink wink ..( sorry , can't help my humour... I'm sure I was zsa zsa Gabor in a past life !!!! ....)

I would describe Sinatra's voice as "Smooth" where's Mick's , to me , is "pure" and I think there is a subtle difference.
As for city v country , I think everyone needs to have lived in a busy city with all its noise to fully appreciate the peace and tranquillity of the countryside.

I think you have probably gathered by now Joe that I'm a bit "odd" !!! and to be honest I hear music everywhere. I turn on the shower and hear a tribal "chant " all the way through for example !

Kids programmes too can produce the most beautiful music/ song.
I know you have a young son, so have you ever seen the opening / closing song/ scene of "In the Night Garden " ??
It's so so emotional and brings tears to my eyes every time.
( Iggle piggle in his boat..)
Old 02-03-2023, 08:13 AM
Master

LOL say no more my writing has that effect upon people !!!

I know of the In the Night Garden alright, just listened to the closing
music, very simple and pure alright as with alot of childrens TV. I only
found out recently that an English folk singer named John Faulkner used
to do Bagpuss !!!! I would say his voice is one of the best I've ever heard
tbh in any genre. Here he is with his then wife Dolores Keane another famous
Singer, not sure if they are separated or divorced seem to be still friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWhyzAAk6yM

Ps. Just had a little after thought about grief in general. I hankered after my brother who died young and tragically etc.
Not sure if it was necessary, all the grief i mean, but who can say ? Slowly you have to let them go I think because this
old world is not perfect and folks with some spiritual insight get through it a bit easier but even that takes time. There is
suffering here on earth as well you know yourself, I know that. I think now in the clear light of day I've also been holding onto
him instead of letting him go and continuing our journey at a later date. If you need to cry tears for your grandchild you have to
cry them ..hugs. :)

Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton. :)

PS. You can thank my car radio for this one and although I'm a huge Van Morrison fan, I've never heard this track before.
First time a few minutes ago on a school run, the angels might be watching. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYLCynEi9M8
__________________________________________________ ____

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Joe Mc : 02-03-2023 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:59 AM
Master

LOL.... You heard it here first folks...
Move over Sir Tom and Elvis... There's a new kid in town , makes women chuck their knickers at him and faint all over the place LOL.....

I've actually not heard of the folk singer, but strangely enough I've heard of his wife !!!

Oh my goodness. And I cannot listen to that Eric Clapton song .Even just seeing it written down and I burst into tears.
How that poor man coped with that tragedy I will never know.
His little boy, the same age as my precious grandson Isaac is now. It does not bear thinking about.

I am so very sorry about the loss of your brother. The circumstances of his loss are private to you. And my little Angel will be 2 on the 16th of march. She's a pisces like you !
I don't cry tears for her Joe. I cry tears for my son and his wife who are still grieving her loss and that is natural.

You are right . There comes a time when we have to let go.
But it's not let go of them.
It's let go of the grief.
It's impossible to let go of them as they never ever leave us.
And they wouldn't want us to forget them, but likewise , they don't want us to grieve forever.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:43 AM
Administrator
Music is very Healing. I listen to a variety of Artists Tears in Heaven is a classic
Visiting Hours by Ed sheran is another.
My own choice of music is Native Drum and Flute music,
it makes you feel of Home.
The one I am having played at my funeral is Sioux traditional by Charles Littleleaf ,
That makes me feel like I am going Home

Namaste
Old 02-03-2023, 11:15 AM
Master

Hi Native....
Oh my goodness but "visiting hours" really is stunning . And I'm not surprised you have chosen that music for when you go home. It's very appropriate for you and very beautiful ( the Native flute music I mean )..

Music speaks to us in a way that mere "talking " doesn't .
Old 02-03-2023, 03:13 PM
Master

My music

If anyone turns up when I get cremated then ide like Them to listen to You’ll never Walk alone.
Old 03-03-2023, 06:27 AM
Master

Hi Red... And goodness yes, that is also very appropriate for you and very moving and emotional.
( I'm sure people will turn up ! )
Old 03-03-2023, 08:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
If anyone turns up when I get cremated then ide like Them to listen to You’ll never Walk alone.
Unsurpassed as a Spiritual Anthem, Gerry Marsden had/has the definitive version and The Kop of course, here is another version from the Celtic fans,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO-0UeGYjLs&t=55s

You got me listening to Sports Fans singing lol .....

WVU singing Country Roads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikokUKtWN_k

__________________________________________________ _______

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Joe Mc : 03-03-2023 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Master

Hi RED and JOE ....
Oh goodness .
But it's just so emotional hearing passionate crowds singing anthems .
"You'll never walk alone "..
And that one above that I never saw before ..
"Country roads"...
And we must not forget ..
"Sweet Caroline "....
Old 05-03-2023, 01:43 PM
Master

Actually I’m not having a funeral because I do t want one. I only meant that if I did have one that would be my choice.