Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 28-02-2023, 09:51 AM
Master

Hi Joe.... All my babies were blond as toddlers but have all got chestnut hair now.
Elvis, on the other hand was still blond at the start of his music/acting career and so it was decided his image would be better if it was jet black, so was forever dyed LOL.

Oh but you mention the "greats " that young artists can look up to. And no- one... But no-one would EVER have thought John Lyndon woyld be on that list .
WOW and back in the day the Sex Pistols were the biggest scandal of the modern era .. in short, they were every parents worst nightmare LOLOL.....
"God save the Queen"....... Heehee...
I can still remember the interview on the news ...
And the outrage caused !!!!
My father was disgusted beyond disgust and that only made me love them more LOL....
Sid vicious of course was a sad example of the culture. Accused of murder and desceased before the trial from substance abuse at the age of 21 is terrible.

John Lyndon ( Johnny rotten) on the other hand is a different kettle of fish.
He had such empathy and compassion. Still married to his prescious wife after all these years for whom he is caring as she is suffering from altzimers .
Oh... P.s I had David Gray albums !!!!
Old 28-02-2023, 12:03 PM
Master

@AngelBlue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTKJUxl8TL4 LOL !!!!!!

And if that is not enough !!!! Try this too !!! lolol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOYZaiDZ7BM

__________________________________________________ ___________

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 28-02-2023, 12:23 PM
Master

BRILLIANT !
And Cotton eye Joe a blast from the past and you've just GOT to get up and dance....
Even if you've got no legs LOL...
So infectious .
Old 28-02-2023, 01:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
BRILLIANT !
And Cotton eye Joe a blast from the past and you've just GOT to get up and dance....
Even if you've got no legs LOL...
So infectious .

LOL a bit of non sensical stuff helps now and again, ok so you won't be
playing it at the Guild Hall but you know you might win the best one legged
dancer !!!! lol

__________________________________________________ _______

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 28-02-2023, 01:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
LOL a bit of non sensical stuff helps now and again, ok so you won't be
playing it at the Guild Hall but you know you might win the best one legged
dancer !!!! lol

__________________________________________________ _______
Yes. I shouldn't have said that about the legs. I apologize if I have offended anyone .
I don't always think before I speak .
Old 28-02-2023, 03:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Yes. I shouldn't have said that about the legs. I apologize if I have offended anyone .
I don't always think before I speak .

Old 01-03-2023, 01:18 PM
Master

I would love to ask Joe what kind of songs he sings ?..
Come on...
Don't be shy LOL...
Old 01-03-2023, 03:37 PM
Master

Quote:
I would love to ask Joe what kind of songs he sings ?..
Come on...
Don't be shy LOL...

Wowww seems like a simple question but its far from it, what songs am I attracted to ? Any song that tries to reconnect folks to their heart I think. So songs that have great lyrics and offer a spiritual insight perhaps. I sang this song a fair bit and loved it ..Two versions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zjLBWnZGTU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we9d7KUbauM

I think ive been attracted as well to sing darker sadder songs too, hmmm interesting that i have never thought very deeply about it but its good to reflect on . And songs that I felt helped to make sense of what ever i was going through.
This song I liked because my X was a bit of a gypo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgBwYGZWzSo

Got to head out so will continue to pester you about what songs i sing and why later. lol ...

__________________________________________________ ________

Last edited by Joe Mc : 02-03-2023 at 06:53 AM.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:30 AM
Master

Hi Joe.
It's true that "music" and "song" reflect our mood. Sometimes we have to let our feelings out through music.
So if I'm angry I put a belting out heavy rock song. Something I can screech along to LOL....
But mostly it's emotional songs that I can cry along to LOL...
And if I'm happy I just listen to happy poppy stuff.
If I'm being reflective I usually listen to classical music or classical opera etc....
And if I want to be silly I put daft infectious songs on.
But same as you, I have so so so so many songs that are meaningful and personal to me.

Hah... I see we are watching the Leeds busker again, and I think his version is preferable to the Cohen version ! But maybe I'm biased as I Love that man and could listen to his voice all day long . To hear him live is even better. Even the videos don't do him justice.
My ex husband used to like Don Williams . He had a good voice too.
I like Kenny Rogers voice too.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:11 AM
Master

Yes Mick's version is equally as good as Leonard Cohen's, different expression. I'm glad I discovered him as his voice and style is uncontrived,
probably alot to do with the street as well, great singer. Someone remarked in the comments that his voice had a bit of Sinatra in it which I take is a compliment.

Yes the whole gamet of emotions are covered in music, interesting how you listen to different genres to mirror your own feelings.
Also to me it is interesting how music can literally become the vessel which steers the listener into safer and calmer waters out of turmoil, at least that is how it
felt to me during dark times. You hear folks say oh that song or that music saved my life. As you get older you probably listen in a deeper way, and if you play an instrument
you are listening for juxtaposition between things between instruments and between words between heaven and between hell lol.

Had a fabulous insight yesterday about music, City Music and Country Music, some differences came very clearly to me. I never thought I'd see myself singing country songs, I look out for the good ones though, not some yokle singing out of the corner of his mouth some bad country and western song. lol. Anyway the insight was concerning the sounds a young child hears growing up in a City. You hear alot walking through the City. Delivery van doors banging, pneumatic drills, car horns, footsteps of course, and lots more. I want to keep writing now about how a now famous Irish Author John O Donahue spoke about how people from the City need the quietness of the countryside etc. ..That is true but it was almost as if he was slagging us off in a way. But my insight yesterday which i thoroughly enjoyed said there is music everywhere particularly in the City etc. Sorry this is a big subject lololol getting bigger by the second lol. !!!!

Dance me to the children who are asking to be born
Dance me through the curtains that our kisses have outworn
Raise a tent of shelter now, though every thread is torn
Dance me to the end of love
Leonard Cohen, Dance me to the End of Love
__________________________________________________ ___________