Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 09-05-2023, 01:09 PM
Master
Something we never discuss.

And that is the importance of the unconsciousness and our own subconscious mind. Religion does not mention it. If I am honest with myself I see that I have flayed and driven my unconscious mind into a frenzy. I *must* relax. Take it easy and not push myself too hard.

I'm really not sure I *want* to be even more conscious than I am now. I feel peakish and hyper. I pick up all manner of nuances nobody else notices. I feel the need to be less conscious in many ways.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 09-05-2023, 03:33 PM
We used to talk a lot about the un and subconscious mind ...try a search, I you will come up with Greenslade's posts. :)
AND I will come back and leave a link, but with the spot the subconscious is spoken about for you. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lOHuqDbpoc&t=413s
Go to 40:34 - this is where the interviewer brings up the subconscious mind....tho the entire youtube is

an excellent teaching talk on many topics. ...
I really recommend it...it is long ...so I listen to a few minutes at a time, myself.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-05-2023, 04:10 PM
Master
It is never mentioned in religious terms is it? The teachings of the world don't really mention it.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 09-05-2023, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It is never mentioned in religious terms is it? The teachings of the world don't really mention it.
And yet Jesus was teaching us to be good, think good thoughts all the time,
thus changing our core beliefs; our subconscious minds.
(Changing a fear based belief system to a trusting belief in our Father that He would take care of us.)
The words 'unconscious mind' did not have to be spoken, imo.
Tho, renew your mind was.

Be ye transformed by renewing your mind. -Paul
Concentrate on Me and you will find Me. - Krishna

I left that link in Post #2 for you, Honza.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-05-2023, 07:16 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Honza, To the extent that the unconscious or the unconscious mind is filled with the past the scriptures have much to say about the promise of the new day. How godlike or spiritual can we become ? The ultimate, perhaps, is when God said…”I will remember their sins no more.”

There are numerous inspirational quotes that address this…..”You can’t have a better tomorrow if you’re thinking about yesterday”…Charles Kettering….’You can’t go home again’….don’t be a slave to the past’ and so many more.

In many cases what is hidden from our conscious mind is a protection for us…..why dig up the past ?
Old 10-05-2023, 07:30 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Honza, In many cases what is hidden from our conscious mind is a protection for us…..why dig up the past ?
Or as Mark Twain said: Those who have a good conscience have bad memories.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 10-05-2023, 08:26 AM
Knower
Quote:
And that is the importance of the unconsciousness and our own subconscious mind. Religion does not mention it. If I am honest with myself I see that I have flayed and driven my unconscious mind into a frenzy. I *must* relax. Take it easy and not push myself too hard.

I'm really not sure I *want* to be even more conscious than I am now. I feel peakish and hyper. I pick up all manner of nuances nobody else notices. I feel the need to be less conscious in many ways.

I am unsure whether to agree or not.
Some religions, buddhism comes to mind don't necessarily speak of the unconscious perhaps. But they certainly speak about the diseases of the mind that stem from "wrong" ways of using it.

Personally I think that being conscious of something or making a conscious decision to do some thing are 2 different things. In meditation I can become conscious of many things. Usually many more things than outside of meditation.

Only when I mistake becoming conscious off all that is going on inside as too busy / overwhelming. I used to label that experience as a "bad" session. Ones where i felt at ease and able to easily let go of everything that arose in meditation I labeled it as a good session.

In fact both sessions are the same. the only difference is whether or not I can let go off my idea of what consciousness should look like. Restful, clear peaceful, as opposed to busy, scattered etc.

Both sides however are me becoming aware of what goes on inside..
Old 11-05-2023, 09:20 AM
Master

Well said Busby.
Old 11-05-2023, 02:15 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Or as Mark Twain said: Those who have a good conscience have bad memories.

Busby,

When I was speaking of protection from memories I had in mind a cousin of mine. As a child he was seriously injured by a drunk driver….it was hit and run. He was in the hospital for over 2 months. His protection was having absolutely no memory of the accident until he was 60 years old. Very interesting the way he processed that memory. He started a counseling center for those guilty of DWIs….reasoning that their consciences must be tormented with guilt. Some in that same situation would have become advocates for stricter punishments, etc. Perhaps that time lapse prevented a knee jerk reaction that many would have deemed to be justified…….
Old 11-05-2023, 04:04 PM
Master
Quote:
And that is the importance of the unconsciousness and our own subconscious mind. Religion does not mention it.

Hmm I think they do, but perhaps they personalize it.