Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 05-11-2023, 07:24 AM
Master

No worries AngelB. All good.

Was just thinking about growing things and remember a book about Findhorn by Eileen Caddy. Spirit sent her to this place near Inverness which looked like a desert when they arrived but they did as was told and the stuff they grew were amazing. You can google it. Really interesting story.

I decided to visit Findhorn when I was in the UK many years ago and just loved it there but too b………… cold for me.
Old 05-11-2023, 07:55 AM
Master

Wow Red, I'll have to look that one up . Sounds an amazing story.
Thought you'd be used to UK temps LOL.
But then again, Inverness ?!! Yep I think we'd all feel it up there!
But ill definatly look it up.
Thank you.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:07 AM
Master
I'm sure I have discussed Findhorn on SF some time back.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
I'm sure I have discussed Findhorn on SF some time back.
Oh did you ? It's a brilliant story.
I've looked it up now and it's just great.
I'd never heard about it until today !
Old 05-11-2023, 03:18 PM
Master

It’s a fabulous place. Totally self sufficient. I would have definitely have lived there for a few years at the time cos I was impressed with it but like I said freezing and that was in July!
Old 05-11-2023, 03:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
It’s a fabulous place. Totally self sufficient. I would have definitely have lived there for a few years at the time cos I was impressed with it but like I said freezing and that was in July!
LOL..you've been spoilt living in Oz.
I looked it up online and truly amazing .
( But yes, bit shivery up there )
Old 05-11-2023, 04:14 PM
Master
They listened to advice from the nature spirits and managed to grow huge veg in a cold climate, what was once sandy soil.Our municipal communal garden is chemically treated,but I have planted one patch up with fuschia and climbers,they are thriving whilst most the other plants struggle with the weather,I believe this is due to me constantly adding my washing up water plus tea and coffee remains as there are many worms to a great depth that help with moisture and heat retention.(most the other parts are devoid of much life as the organic material is raked off, so little nutrients,moisture or heat)this is partly what people dont understand with farmin space,space is created due to depth of nutrients above and below because those worms attract birds and hedgehogs,I hope I can expand on that oasis(a few hiccups via theft or the council spraying poison,you live and learn!more people should start patches on spare land,bee and insect friendly or human food,the council thought some of mine weeds mind)
Old 06-11-2023, 07:12 AM
Master

Podshell.. I love what you do and I totally agree your efforts with your fuschia have certainly paid off . Was it last year we had the extreme heat ? The one thing I was hearing more than anything was how people's fuschia had died off, my own included and in my case I have two large ones either side of my gates , both the size of a small car and have thrived for decades despite the salt air from the sea.
Luckily they came back.
As for the spraying. My husband was out walking the dog a few months ago . The dog was sniffing around on the grass verge as they do and dawdling about.
My husband heard a noise behind him. When he looked it was a council worker on a golf buggy type vehicle spraying the grass verges.
When he got up to my husband my husband asked him what exactly was it that he was spraying ?
The workman seemed reluctant to tell him so hubby asked ""is it harmful to my dog ?""...
The man replied ""well put it this way , it won't do him any good""....!!!!!!!!!!
There is enough poison on this planet without spraying more all over the place.
As for you Pod, I don't see you as a protester or campaigner ...
No , I see you as a crusader !!! Carry on man ...dismissed LOL.
Old 06-11-2023, 10:44 AM
Master

And of course making roots and planting seeds Is not only the physical act of planting seeds and watching things grow.
It's also about planting seeds in the minds of the powers that be to enable plans to come to fruition...

""Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. But teach him to fish and you feed him for life ....""

I'm talking about schools.
We can all remember the 'nature table' when we collected leaves , acorns , pine cones etc.
But how about this .
Each primary school has a dedicated area of garden or raised beds tended by parent volunteers and in which the children , from being aged 4 learn how to grow things and can experience a sense of pride in watching their produce evolve .
As and when they go on to high school the project continues except this time they use their own produce in cookery lessons.
If every single child had this input growing up it is bound to rub off and stay with a certain percentage of them to make a difference moving forward.
Sometimes algebra and P.E is not going to benefit them moving on. But teach them about life and how they can benefit might make a difference.
Kids, after all , love getting their hands dirty and playing with worms !!!
Anyway, it's just a thought.
Old 01-03-2024, 08:16 AM
Master

So I'm here again banging on about projects in hull .
Sorry, just that I'm still trying to find a project suitable for my late father's memory ( for his grandkids given there was no funeral ).. and I've come across this..

"One Hull of a Forest " scheme.

The national average of woodland in the cities of the UK is 8.4%
..whereas Hulls average is only 2.6%..
Way below the national average.
This scheme wants to put Hull on the map with it's restoration efforts in the Northern Forest Initiative to plant 50 million trees along the M 62 corridor and beyond.

I'm currently in talks with them.

More and more we are seeing people raising money to buy areas of forests for preservation purposes . If I was rich I would be doing just that.
If I was healthier I would certainly do the fund raising to purchase areas of woodland / planting / and basically doing something lovely that our planet deserves .