Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Master
Fear of what, Maximillian? Fear of doing wrong?
Then it is a, "Healthy", fear. Isn't it.

Meanwhile, Jesus by His teachings about Miracles, and Faith, confirmed the Far Eastern perspectives on Maya, the illusory aspect of the physical and material world.
At the higher levels, the various Faiths align, and teach the same thing.

"Saved", means rescued, as by another.
"Grace" means unmerited favor. Born of Love.

And, "Sin", is about Ego, and, "inurment" in the material and finite world.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 07-03-2013, 06:08 AM
Master
My spirituality has grown so much since I wrote anything on here.

The OP is about "belief in Jesus Christ".

I must add this.

The belief in Jesus Christ is obviously something added by St. Paul and later Christians. May I just add that if this were the case where was God for the last 5,000 years of Jewish history? What was humanity doing for 100,000 years without a Christ?

Christ has always been with humanity since the day we evolved from lower animal forms and from the first day when the Big Bang occurred. The Cosmic or Universal Christ has always been here.

The material universe is nothing but the universal Christ-consciousness manifested externally.

When we appeared on the scene, the "symbolic" Adam was the first manifestation of the Christ-consciousness.

From that time the earth has been fostered by a Christ or by a Buddha if you are from an Eastern background.

The world has had Enoch, Melchizedek, Akhenaten of Egypt, Hermes Trice Great, Joseph of Genesis, Joshua of Exodus, Joshua the high priest, Jeshua, Zarathustra of Persia, Gautama Buddha, and Jesus Christ.

These individuals have manifested the Christ state and mantle. Some ask how is Jesus' impact so much greater than the rest besides maybe Buddha? Was it simply Roman power and force? Partially but the Buddhists also had empires that adopted their religion and did the same horrible things as Western Roman empire.

Jesus' impact was of a greater magnitude than many before him because he chose to go through every human weakness, suffering, and dark inclination even unto martyrdom to replace and redeem human ugliness with human virtue and grace. This is the whole metaphor to "taking on our sins or taking with our sins". His enactment and mission and ministry was foreseen for many generations that one would come from among men, manifest that Sonship and go through every stage for humans to learn the way of liberation.

That is really the only difference. That is it. It doesn't mean Jesus is greater than Buddha, Zoroaster, Enoch, etc. Besides both Jesus and Buddha performed many miracles and both of them despised miracles because they didn't think it was proof of enlightenment. Miracles usually draw crowds to the psychic or master instead directly to God. That is why Jesus gave all credit to his higher self, the Son of God or Christ which is 'God as your Self'. Some of Jesus' miracles are not even infallible. He didn't raise Joseph his father from the dead but he raised Lazarus from his death because of whose will? God's, not his own. So we can see that Jesus the Man wasn't perfect. He became perfect in his crucifixion and resurrection.

So just remember when you say- "I believe in Christ" you are saying that you believe in all those who have manifested the Christ-consciousness and your own divine potential.

And many after Jesus in his Tradition that he created contacted and manifested that consciousness such as Francis of Assisi, Theresa of Avila, Hildegard of Bingen, Miester Eckhart, Saint Paul of Tarsus, St. Claire, St. Therese of Lisoux, and so many. The same with Gautama. He inspired many after him to manifest "buddhahood" or "christhood".
Old 07-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Free_Spirit1983

I've been involved with religion in the past and to be honest I find most peoples view of Christ very much askew from my own understanding of the Bible - things made much more sense to me once I'd stepped away from religion and looked at the bigger picture..

Constantine - He needed to fill the pews, saw that paganism was becoming widespread so merged pagan beliefs/celebrations with the life of Christ (i.e December 25th as his birthday, Stories of Mithras, Isis etc...)

(Note: I'm not condemning pagan beliefs/practices. Pagan simply means land dweller but has been turned into a dirty word by the church)

A bigger reason for the merging of the 2 is that I believe one day this control system will exploit all the pagan / christian symbology destroying the church and in hand people will throw away the teachings of Jesus with it..

I believe Jesus was a very spiritually connected man, lived by pure love and understood the creative spirit/God more than most.. That's why when Christ said "I and the father are one" he wasn't lying, nor was he claiming to be God, he recognised the fact that God was both internal and external, a higher conscious being but also within himself.. One consciousness

If you look at teachings of Buddha, Rumi and others they spread the same message as Jesus.. Again these were people who "got it"

Religion talks of love yet funds wars, declares people unworthy - Hey, guess what, Jesus wouldn't have thought of himself as any higher in importance than a fly.. Religions are not following the essence of Christs teachings, they've written it down and created a dogma. A cheap imitation of the love that Christ spoke so freely about.. Why do you think these evangelical priests sound so much like used car salesmen, somewhere along the line they've witnessed someone full of spirit and tried to recreate it.. and it's become robotic.

One question I used to ask myself as a "Christian" was - If I'm supposed to be spiritual, then why is it I'm bound by structure.. Aren't they 2 polar opposites?

Then I found the true meaning of Church, I was walking in the woods, listening to natures song. I sat down by a tree and stayed still, just took everything in, the beauty of life and creation and that was the beginning of my "awakening"

All life is connected, didn't the bible tell us to "love all my creations".. When you look at the world through the eyes of a child, without judgement, condemnation or putting things into a box.. That's when life starts to sing a whole new song

Love to all :) x
Old 09-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Master
I think the uniqueness of Jesus gets lost in all these conversations.

As much as Jesus was a man who realized and manifested Christ-consciousness as did the Buddha, Rumi, Hermes, etc there is something a lot of people tend to forget on the Christian Forum.

We like to color code Jesus under any religion. People on here like to Hinduize Jesus by saying he was an 'avatar', a liberated soul coming back to help us or an incarnation of Vishnu. Some like to Buddaize him by saying he was someone who reached enlightenment and followed the Dharma. Some people on here like to Spiritualize him and make him into a Psychic or someone who was a Witch. This is all great that so many people see him as something from their culture!

But what does Jesus say of himself and what did his early followers say? He wasn't a prophet. He never claimed to be one. He may have been foreseen by Moses (a prophet like unto me) doesn't mean literally because Moses was more than a prophet too. He didn't claim to be an Earthly king but made allusions to David and a higher kingdom. He didn't claim to be a Seer who foresaw the future and wrote books.

All Jesus claimed to be was a human being (Son of man) and claimed to be the Son of God (the Christ). Jesus was seen by the earliest followers as a holy man of Judaism who reformed it and became God's Messiah at baptism, died, resurrected because of a sinless life. And by others he was seen as a divine spirit who came from Heaven to save us.

That is the uniqueness of Jesus. He was our elder brother. He was a soul directly sent by the Godhead, as a part of the Trinitarian-consciousness and
came to be the Man who manifested Christ-consciousness in the earth and live the "perfect life" to redeem human nature. To redeem means to "Rename". He renamed all our sins and self-hate with all his virtues and graces. Now human nature is no longer ugly and defiled by fear and death. It is redeemed and we can now Love Ourselves More Abundantly!

That is the uniqueness of Jesus' mission.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:08 PM
WYN123

LOA made my Christian faith stronger, not weaker, and I look for life lessons from Jesus teachings. Do I believe he existed, yes.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Better known as Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Spirit1983
I believe Jesus was a very spiritually connected man, lived by pure love and understood the creative spirit/God more than most.. That's why when Christ said "I and the father are one" he wasn't lying, nor was he claiming to be God, he recognised the fact that God was both internal and external, a higher conscious being but also within himself.. One consciousness

Bravo! The best post I've read in a long time.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:30 PM
I didn't know Jesus resurrected bec of living a sinless life.

I am under the impression yogis came back in the flesh...Sri Yukteswar
Did for his beloved Yogananda...I think it was right after Krishna showed Himself to him.
(when Yogananda traveled back to India, but missed his Guru's death.)

I never want to minimize Jesus' role...I don't know if I will ever grasp the depth of what it was,
Bec I think there are so many layers...more and sometimes different from what we have been left as written about him.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-03-2013, 08:09 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Why do people not accept him?
Christians say if you believe in him you are saved.
So why don't people just believe in him?
Does it have to do with not feeling they need saving?

Or do Christians themselves turn them away?
Why don't you accept Jesus?
It seems siimple to believe in him.
Or is it too hard to believe in the stories told about him?

There must be 100 stories as to why not...I just tossed out a few possibles...

Yes, I didnt want to be too specific...just let anyone say what they
want...usually it's an- 'I believe this , but not that.'
The "why's" of whichever is fascinating.

I know I believe in an entirely different angle as to who Jesus was or came
here to do, compared to what most of us were taught to believe, in Feb 2010...
I remember the moment.

Sometimes belief is seen as something negative sometimes positive. Mainly negative when people pull things out from thin air, or make things up, but on closer examination usually one does not act upon that kind of belief. It is very rare that someone believes in something with no prior background or reasoning at all. When that support is sufficiently justified and the belief is true, we can say that we have knowledge. That's how knowledge is defined; knowledge is only possessed if someone has a belief that is both justified and true.

Anyways, I put this together in order to come to a fuller understanding of what exactly true belief is and how it is applicable to Jesus Christ.

Personally, I haven't spoken to many people who did not believe after examining all the evidence in the Bible, usually Jesus is often rejected before a close examination of Scripture. Here's what Scripture says on the subject on why people reject Jesus:

Quote:
John 3:16-18
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

He that believeth - He that has confidence in him; that relies on him; that trusts to his merits and promises for salvation. To believe on him is to feel and act according to truth that is, to go as lost sinners, and act toward him as a Saviour from sins; relying on him, and looking to him "only" for salvation.

He that believeth - That is, believeth the gospel. "He who credits it to be true, and acts as if it were true." This is the whole of faith. Man is a sinner. He should act on the belief of this truth and repent. There is a God. Man should believe it, and fear and love him, and seek his favor. The Lord Jesus died to save him. To have faith in him is to believe that this is true, and to act accordingly; that is, to trust him, to rely on him, to love him, to feel that we have no merit, and to cast our all upon him. There is a heaven and a hell. To believe this is to credit the account and act as if it were true - to seek the one and avoid the other. We are to die. To believe this is to act as if this were so; to be in readiness for it, and to expect it daily and hourly. In one word, faith is feeling and acting as if there were a God, a Saviour, a heaven, a hell; as if we were sinners and must die; as if we deserved eternal death and were in danger of it; and, in view of all, casting our eternal interests on the mercy of God in Christ Jesus. To do this is to be a Christian: not to do it is to be an infidel.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:16 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
And, "Sin", is about Ego, and, "inurment" in the material and finite world.

A good acronym for EGO: Excluding God out.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:58 AM
Master
Hey Miss Hepburn!

According to the earliest sources, the ones who believed in Jesus' resurrection was because he lived a sinless life and died to embracing the world's violence.

His Resurrection was the final dissolution of duality and coming into non-dual consciousness for his disciples. It was to show them that fear, death, and the powers over human life have nothing over the Divine Immortal.

I personally do not take everything Yogananda said for credit. Especially after reading the "Gold Scales" on google or SRF Blacklist forums. I am very doubtful of Yogananda's "interpretations". Sadly after reading so much academia, anthropology and scholars about Jesus and 1st Century they pretty much disprove anything Yogananda says as to what HE thinks Jesus meant.

If you'd like to know more just private message me. We can have a discussion on it if you want.

But anyway-

The resurrection was the fruition of a sinless or non separated, ever-united to God life.