Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-11-2019, 07:59 AM
JosephineB JosephineB is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The green & pleasant land
Posts: 3,493
  JosephineB's Avatar
The silver cord?

Sounds like you had a rough journey Hazada Guess.
__________________
I salute the Divinity in you.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-11-2019, 08:27 AM
NoOne NoOne is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,011
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_d00d
So I was thinking about the brain in the jar, where you have isolated the central nervous system inside a tank connected to a computer that feeds it all the signals that it needs to generate the perception of a reality. But then the question arises, would the soul still stay with it, considering all other organs are gone? If not, what organs is the soul dependent upon to stay in the body?

On the flipside of that, the conclusion must be that the soul is only perceiving what the brain is generating. Therefore, obviously, the brain must be there, but from there you can cut it and connect it to a computer that feeds it signals. So in other words, the soul only has one channel to connect to the body?

To me, the confusion comes from the assumption that the brain is the seat of consciousness. It isn't. It is just an organ like any of the others. There are in fact people out there with almost zero brain matter who can still function normally and are just as conscious and intelligent as any average person. In fact, I suspect if you could transplant brains, the person who gets the new brain would still be largely the same person as before and would only take on a few minor characteristics of the person whose brain he received. There have been many documented cases of people getting new organs and inheriting some of the characteristics of the donor. This is all due to the Holographic Principle.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-11-2019, 08:45 AM
hazada guess hazada guess is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: united Kingdom
Posts: 788
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
The silver cord?

Sounds like you had a rough journey Hazada Guess.

Lol,yes,Mum had a very difficult birth with me,3 weeks overdue,57 hours in Labour,she lost so much blood,she couldnt stand for 3 months.that's probably why I remember it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-11-2019, 08:49 AM
JustASimpleGuy JustASimpleGuy is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Adirondack Mountains, Upstate NY
Posts: 1,786
  JustASimpleGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
To me, the confusion comes from the assumption that the brain is the seat of consciousness. It isn't. It is just an organ like any of the others. There are in fact people out there with almost zero brain matter who can still function normally and are just as conscious and intelligent as any average person. In fact, I suspect if you could transplant brains, the person who gets the new brain would still be largely the same person as before and would only take on a few minor characteristics of the person whose brain he received. There have been many documented cases of people getting new organs and inheriting some of the characteristics of the donor. This is all due to the Holographic Principle.

Sounds like something very close to part of a Dr. Bruce Greyson talk on NDEs. Here's where he addresses it in one of his talks.

https://youtu.be/sPGZSC8odIU?t=1116
__________________
"Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own." ~ Bruce Lee

"Of a certainty the man who can see all creatures in himself, himself in all creatures, knows no sorrow." ~ Upanishads

https://tinyurl.com/y2mxr4s2 My YouTube Channel

JASG
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-11-2019, 09:23 AM
hazada guess hazada guess is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: united Kingdom
Posts: 788
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Sounds like something very close to part of a Dr. Bruce Greyson talk on NDEs. Here's where he addresses it in one of his talks.

https://youtu.be/sPGZSC8odIU?t=1116

I've already watched that interesting video.It explains what i already believe.The brain is an organ that controls our body while our consciousness is separate.(A good video).
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-11-2019, 09:33 AM
JustASimpleGuy JustASimpleGuy is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Adirondack Mountains, Upstate NY
Posts: 1,786
  JustASimpleGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I've already watched that interesting video.It explains what i already believe.The brain is an organ that controls our body while our consciousness is separate.(A good video).

Have you watched the 2.5 hour UVA DOPS faculty presentation? It has the typical Greyson talk plus several other talks, including one on reincarnation by Dr. Tucker. The Jame Leininger case is amazing.
__________________
"Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own." ~ Bruce Lee

"Of a certainty the man who can see all creatures in himself, himself in all creatures, knows no sorrow." ~ Upanishads

https://tinyurl.com/y2mxr4s2 My YouTube Channel

JASG
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-11-2019, 09:45 AM
hazada guess hazada guess is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: united Kingdom
Posts: 788
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Have you watched the 2.5 hour UVA DOPS faculty presentation? It has the typical Greyson talk plus several other talks, including one on reincarnation by Dr. Tucker. The Jame Leininger case is amazing.

No I haven't,I'll watch it now,I'm a fan.see you later.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-11-2019, 09:48 AM
JosephineB JosephineB is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The green & pleasant land
Posts: 3,493
  JosephineB's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Lol,yes,Mum had a very difficult birth with me,3 weeks overdue,57 hours in Labour,she lost so much blood,she couldnt stand for 3 months.that's probably why I remember it.
Oh dear, poor mum.
__________________
I salute the Divinity in you.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-11-2019, 11:01 AM
hazada guess hazada guess is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: united Kingdom
Posts: 788
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
No I haven't,I'll watch it now,I'm a fan.see you later.

I watched that one ages ago,i skimmed through it again briefly but the last speaker waffled too much and bored me to tears.(though he was probably the most interesting).lol
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-11-2019, 03:37 PM
enaid enaid is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 50
 
For myself I am currently experincing a very educational disconnect between my brain and itís ego driven interests and my body which feels a lot duller but which Iím looking at as the more enlightened of the two. What Iím choosing to do is listen to my body which feels more connected to divine wisdom than my brain.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums