Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 01-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Pathfinder

Awakened by a voice....

Have any of you ever experienced hearing, "Wake up, (fill in your name)" while in a deep dream state?

I'm curious because I had this experience. I remember that I was dreaming, although now the dream details are a little fuzzy. I heard this voice very clearly telling me to wake up, but it definitely felt separate from the dream. I can't distinguish if it was a male or female voice, but it was loud and commanding. I woke up immediately, and now I'm wondering what it was exactly that I experienced, if anything at all.

Any shared experiences/insights are greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 02-09-2014, 02:00 AM
Master
Yes. It is quite common to be poked or nudged awake or to hear voices calling your name or telling you to wake up. You could hear voices saying all sorts of things and it can be so loud and clear that it may sound like someone shouting at you right by your bed.

Sometimes this happens because someone is protecting you from someone or something that could be either physical or non-physical. It could be that something with not so good intentions was going to enter your dreams and the other individual or entity stopped it by getting you to wake up. It could also be that they woke you up quickly because if they didn't, you might have felt sleep paralysis or felt "out of body" because you were too far away from the physical body. By telling you to wake up, it calls your consciousness to attention and gets you to wake up quicker and prevents you from experiencing something that might frighten you or feel unpleasant.

It could also be that they wanted you to remember the dream or information you received and by waking you up quickly like that, you're more likely to remember it. Finally, it could be just because you needed to wake up for some reason. For example, I didn't set the trash out one night because I figured they come so late in the morning that I would just put it out the next day. I felt a nudge, poke and a push in my back around 6:30 in the morning and I turned around and nobody was there, but then I heard the trash truck coming down the street, so I ran to set it out just in time.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:11 AM
Master
Hi agapemoon,

I had that happen to me within the recent past, maybe a year or so ago, and it happened maybe 3 or 4 times, a different voice each time. Each time, it was a voice calling my name really loud...the first time, it was a male voice (didn't recognize it), the second time it was my boss, and the third time, it sounded very similar to my mom's voice, but slightly different. I don't have a clue as to why that happened, but yeah, it does happen.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:25 AM
Pathfinder

Hi Yaoughta and Silvergirl,

Thank you both for responding to my question. You gave me something knew to consider. It's also nice to know that others have also experienced this before, whatever it may be.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:26 AM
Pathfinder

...sorry that was supposed to be new not knew. Thanks again!
Old 03-09-2014, 05:01 AM
Experiencer
yes but many years ago. I was laying on my couch my bf was on the computer playing games, I was just drifting off and I heard a "DANIELLE" pretty much yelled in my ear!

It was scary for me.