Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 11-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Guide
Nagging dream

It's been time since I've last been to school, and I've never had any problems with it... in fact I was a good pupil and always had excellent grades (ok, except in maths, but that was just not my world...).

But for some time now, I've got this recurring and nagging dream about failing at school, missing the bus to school, not knowing anything about the subjects imparted, not even being able to find the right classroom in a giant school building... it all goes around this same theme of "I can't make it in school".

I have no idea why I have these dreams...

Any opinions and explications are welcome!

Love & Light
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)
Old 11-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Quagmire

How do you have it about failing in general? about disappointing you or others.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran
It's been time since I've last been to school, and I've never had any problems with it... in fact I was a good pupil and always had excellent grades (ok, except in maths, but that was just not my world...).

But for some time now, I've got this recurring and nagging dream about failing at school, missing the bus to school, not knowing anything about the subjects imparted, not even being able to find the right classroom in a giant school building... it all goes around this same theme of "I can't make it in school".

I have no idea why I have these dreams...

Any opinions and explications are welcome!

Love & Light

The dream is about "not fitting in" ......... you are still looking for a room where you feel you fit in. A general 'uneasiness' about life ~

Suggested reading: Autobiography Of A Yogi

You will be glad you read it~
Old 11-02-2013, 09:41 PM
TruthSayer

Angel1 An Interpretation

I suck at dream interpretation but my guides help me:

You are subconsciously worried that you won't "make the grade." This worry manifests as dreams of stressful, pressured situations that seem out of your control. Have you been pushing to please professors and your parents?

To quell these dreams try meditating with some real mellow chill out or new age music at bedtime. Use a mantra and drift to sleep. A nice mantra might be, "I am handling everything with ease."

Julia
Old 11-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Experiencer

My opinion on this is that you are not living to your true potential in the area of talents and abilities. There is something that you want to do - in career, or a personal project - but something is preventing you, real or imagined.
If you start taking action in this area, the dreams will stop.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Ascender
Hi! I love dream interpretation and have done it for 20+ years now. Here's my take: Schools are dream symbols for areas of self-improvement, where we learn about ourselves and others. You failing in school indicates, to me, that you are not thoroughly preparing yourself for current life situations. Keep track of when you have these dreams and you will see that they coincide with waking life events (the "tests") that you KNOW you have not properly prepared for. Example: a failing school dream occurs when you missed or think you'll miss a job deadline for something or overlooked an important piece of paperwork that needed to be submitted, etc. The dreams are warning dreams to give life your full attention and don't try to cut corners and then expect to pass the "test". I hope this helps.
Old 17-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Guide
Hello all and thank you for your answers.

I like the "you are not living to your full potential" interpretation. It seems to fit. I've been having stress with working on my novel, "writing against time" to make it before having to hand in the final version of the manuscript. I knew I had to put in more effort, but at the same time felt overwhelmed. I've now told my publisher that I can't make it til that date and postponed the deadline. Since then, the dreams have stopped. :)
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)
Old 18-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Experiencer

Hi, Thanks for updating.
Anxiety dreams like this can be very useful, although distressing or puzzling at the time.
Best of luck with the novel :)