Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 18-02-2013, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator
Threw himself off the cliff!

Weird dream this morning...I am watching two men talking in quite a friendly way. It's a mountain scenery setting, nice blue sky, lovely day. The two men are quite near to a long sheer drop (at least 1000ft probably more) One of the men slightly disagrees with the other -no big deal, no real argument, only a mild difference of opinion, I can't remember about what, but something inconsequential....
Then all of a sudden, one of the men (wearing a mint-green-and-white stripy shirt and white pants) stands the the edge of this sheer drop, says "goodbye" leans forward arms outstretched and just drops! I can hardly believe this is happening! What I'm seeing this guy do, it feels unbelievable.
The other man has no chance to stop him as it happens so suddenly.
I rush to the cliff edge and look down, and the falling man bounces off rocks lower down, then falls all the way to the bottom like a rag doll.

This dream really was apropos of nothing. I hadn't been watching any dramas on tv, reading any stuff like this, thinking thoughts like this. etc....
Old 18-02-2013, 03:03 AM
Ascender
Here's my gut instinct interpretation on your dream: there is a current waking life situation that you have been struggling with yourself about (the two men disagreeing). There will be a surrendering aspect to this matter, as one man seems to just give up suddenly, which indicates to me that the matter will be resolved within self rather quickly due to a change of opinion in the matter. Let me know if that clicks.
Old 18-02-2013, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator
That's an interesting interpretation Sojourner.....
So far there isn't any particular thing that springs to mind...but I shall sleep on it and think.
The basic vibe of this dream was "suicide" rather than anything else. Only I couldn't get any idea where that was coming from as I have no wish to commit suicide, and don't have any close association with anyone who does...
But your interpretation needs me to do some deep thinking about it.
Another interesting thing is I am female -don't know if that would mean anything within the dream?
I don't have any relationship issues, or problems going on with friends etc.
Old 18-02-2013, 03:36 AM
Master
One side of the dream is avoidance of something you would like to do, the other side is just going for it, the fool jumps of the cliff, but the fool is our side that likes a challenge, the others is too frightened, we do need a balance though. But in this dream you are wanting to jump, take the plunge....maybe you should ?.
Old 18-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Experiencer

I think this could be about how someone processes/deals with/reacts to feelings or events in their life. Maybe it's you, or someone close to you.
Not necessarily suicidal of course as this is just a symbol.
So possibly overreacting or reading too much into something, or taking something too seriously.
The outfit he is wearing seems like pyjamas(suggesting night or 'shadow' side of the other person), or a clown suit -
so the reverse would be someone who is not taking something seriously enough...
I can't say really which it is.

Another meaning that comes to mind is it could be simply to do with letting go/leaving behind a part of the self that gets caught up in petty disagreements or other non-important details? Being a nice sunny day makes me think this might be more likely..

These are just some thoughts that hopefully might help you with exploring what it might be highlighting for you.
Old 19-02-2013, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator
dreamt, and psychoslice...
Some really interesting ideas there.
I don't think it's me doing the over-reacting....I seem to have slowed down a lot the past few years LOL! I don't over-react. I am inclined to quite slow thinking, in my opinon, generally. And usually don't make "mountains out of molehills" as I've grown older

So the Fool idea might be something to explore (?) I am inclined to ponder moves rather than take plunges. I am more likely to take a sneaky peep at the edge of that cliff, then get kitted up with ropes and belays before I'd take even another sneak peek! It is possible that interpretation is something for me to listen to.

The clothes this guy was wearing were more like "super-smart casual" summer tourist gear, rather than pyjamas in the way he looked. The sort of clothes you only wear once because they would get so dirty if you lived in them for more than a few hours!
What did strike me was that this guy was taking everything much too seriously (rather than not seriously enough) -hence his suicide dive over nothing much at all!

The "letting go" idea is an interesting one too. I guess I could use a bit of that.....