Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Massage

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-09-2020, 05:56 PM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 10,820
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
....LOLOL..... i don't quite know how that would have worked !!!!!......


Well...... this is the Massage Thread...........
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-09-2020, 05:58 PM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 10,820
  BigJohn's Avatar
Let's look at some blends....

I like Rose oil with a little bit of Lemon Grass Oil to give it a more exotic smell, what do you think?
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-09-2020, 10:51 AM
Elfin Elfin is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5,976
  Elfin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Let's look at some blends....

I like Rose oil with a little bit of Lemon Grass Oil to give it a more exotic smell, what do you think?
Hi..... Well that's it then.. I cannot possibly come and live with you now.. we are not compatible.... Rose oil is probably my least favourite aroma of oils, along with lavender....LOL.... I'm really just not keen at all on any of the floral fragrances.... Too sweet for me by far.... However I do love all the citrus fragrances , Lemon in particular... I buy so many lemons in real life.... But never to eat !!! I use them for cleaning and all-sorts. I like also the woody earthy aromas.. and also the peppermint and eucalyptus aromas.....
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-09-2020, 06:43 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 10,820
  BigJohn's Avatar
Don't frit!!! I was only thinking that about Rose and Lemon grass.
You can still come.........

Maybe I should devote more time to Patchouli.

As for Peppermint, I really love her smell.


I also love Eucalyptus oil and I also love Camphor oil. I got to see what the smell would be like combining the latter two.
What do you think?
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-09-2020, 12:09 PM
Elfin Elfin is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5,976
  Elfin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Don't frit!!! I was only thinking that about Rose and Lemon grass.
You can still come.........

Maybe I should devote more time to Patchouli.

As for Peppermint, I really love her smell.


I also love Eucalyptus oil and I also love Camphor oil. I got to see what the smell would be like combining the latter two.
What do you think?
Hi... Worth a try mixing the latter two, although I've not worked with Camphor oil myself, should work well with Eucalyptus... Anything like that excellent for aiding congestion..sinuses .... Reminds me of olbas oil we use on pillow to ease a bad cold. Or the Vicks chest rub etc... Love the smell of those!!... In fact I could eat Vicks straight from the tub LOL...( Don't worry , I won't!)....
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-09-2020, 04:39 PM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 10,820
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi... Worth a try mixing the latter two, although I've not worked with Camphor oil myself, should work well with Eucalyptus... Anything like that excellent for aiding congestion..sinuses .... Reminds me of olbas oil we use on pillow to ease a bad cold. Or the Vicks chest rub etc... Love the smell of those!!... In fact I could eat Vicks straight from the tub LOL...( Don't worry , I won't!)....

Olbas oil?
I am not familiar with that one so I looked it up. Sounds great. Was surprised that it can even be used as a massage oil!


As for me, if I want to get focused, Camphor does the job very fast.

A question I have always wanted to ask deals with Frankincense and Myrrh Oil. Frankincense Oil and Myrrh Oil are each essential oils but when combined, they become a blend but it seems they are always considered and sold as an essential oil. I wonder if anybody else has noticed that irregularity?
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-09-2020, 08:31 AM
Elfin Elfin is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5,976
  Elfin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Olbas oil?
I am not familiar with that one so I looked it up. Sounds great. Was surprised that it can even be used as a massage oil!


As for me, if I want to get focused, Camphor does the job very fast.

A question I have always wanted to ask deals with Frankincense and Myrrh Oil. Frankincense Oil and Myrrh Oil are each essential oils but when combined, they become a blend but it seems they are always considered and sold as an essential oil. I wonder if anybody else has noticed that irregularity?
No ..not noticed.... I had frankincense oil once .. but that was all....
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-09-2020, 05:35 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 10,820
  BigJohn's Avatar
Made some massage oil today.

1 pound of Shea Butter.

1 pound of Coconut Oil

2 ounces of Patchouli Oil.

I was surprised, The Patchouli Oil is barely noticeable.
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-09-2020, 08:14 AM
Elfin Elfin is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5,976
  Elfin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Made some massage oil today.

1 pound of Shea Butter.

1 pound of Coconut Oil

2 ounces of Patchouli Oil.

I was surprised, The Patchouli Oil is barely noticeable.
I love Shea butter... And patchouli.... You only added a small ammount of patchouli, so the fragrance may have been a little lost.... I know patchouli has a strong distinct woody tone,and you wouldn't have wanted to lose the others by adding too much. Try just a little more... Having said that, the benefit of the patchouli would still be present ...
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-09-2020, 02:25 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 10,820
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
I love Shea butter... And patchouli.... You only added a small ammount of patchouli, so the fragrance may have been a little lost.... I know patchouli has a strong distinct woody tone,and you wouldn't have wanted to lose the others by adding too much. Try just a little more... Having said that, the benefit of the patchouli would still be present ...

I already tried the massage oil on my arms. I would say it has improved my arms considerably. As for the Patchouli Oil, I can smell it now. Yesterday, I do not think I could smell it because I was overwhelmed by the smell.

What oil should I try for tomorrow, any suggestions?
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums